Old 07-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
DennisLocke
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Bedside Mode bug (maybe?)

Please Login to Remove!

I searched to see if I could find any other posts relating to why I wasn't seeing the LED coverage/new item indicator flash. Turned out I was walking around all day in Bedside mode which among other things disables the LED blink. Now I figured out how that happened...

When in Bedside mode the clock shows dimly. Once enough time passes it dimly displays the locked home screen instead of the clock (which might be a separate bug). When I unlock it (on charger or not) it asks “Exit bedside mode?” If I say yes, it does exactly what you would expect. However, if I go to unlock it after dismissing the alarm and say yes, “Exit bedside mode?”, it will actually respond “Entering bedside mode” which is the opposite of what it was supposed to do. If I say don’t exit bedside mode, then it does exit.

The yes/no actions are reversed but I think the problem is that the question should read "Enter bedside mode?" because at this point the LED is blinking and appears that it has already exited. This is only an issue when the device emerges from locked status after an alarm event.

If there is a more appropriate place to post, thank you in advance for moving it.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Sytner
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: S = Ouch
Carrier: Orange UK

Wirelessly posted (8820 on WiFi)

I'm not too familiar with the Tour; but what I recommend is looking at the manual to see what it says on the topic. If it is a bug (possible as the device is very new) then it will probably be addressed in a later OS update.
9800 / 6.0.0.337
If someone posts something useful, click thanks!
Closed Thread