Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
chrishow
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Wireless Reconcile Disabled on handhelds after server reboot

Please Login to Remove!

We are running BES 4.1.038 with Exchange 2003.

This weekend we had a power shutdown in our data centre. When starting all of our servers, the BES failed to come up and needed to be powered off and then restarted.

Once the BES was up and running, I have discovered that all Blackberry devices have had Email Reconciliation settings reset to: Delete on: Handheld. This also removes the options for Wireless Reconcile and On Conflicts.

I have resent the Service Books to devices and I now have the ‘Wireless Reconcile’ and ‘On Conflicts’ menu items, but ‘Delete On’ is still set to Handheld.

This isn’t the first time this has happened and I would like to get to the bottom of why it is occurring and also, how I can set devices to ‘Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld’ from the BES.

I have attempted to go into the Person Record on the BES and checked Message Settings, these are set to True and Bidirectional.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards
Old 11-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #2
Kul
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
Carrier: Vodafone (UK)

We have BES 4.0 SP7 and had the same issue this weekend, server was shutdown and this issue arose.

I tried everything that you have, and but did a hard rest of the device and that seems to have resolved this, but creates another problem for the admins . . . if during this time, the user had read their emails etc., upon gettig this working it, I found that it marked all READ mails as UNREAD, totally confusing the user.

alternatively on a 2nd device I took the easier route and reactivated it.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Kul
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
Carrier: Vodafone (UK)

just been informed by support that this indicates a corrupt service book and said if I delete the Desktop(CMIME) service book or delete all DESKTOP service Books and resend them then it should be fine.

I havent tried this yet as I havent had a device since i resolved the problem once, so give it a try and let us know.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
nesbbj
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T
Unhappy BES Wireless Reconciliation Delete on Setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishow View Post
We are running BES 4.1.038 with Exchange 2003.

This weekend we had a power shutdown in our data centre. When starting all of our servers, the BES failed to come up and needed to be powered off and then restarted.

Once the BES was up and running, I have discovered that all Blackberry devices have had Email Reconciliation settings reset to: Delete on: Handheld. This also removes the options for Wireless Reconcile and On Conflicts.

I have resent the Service Books to devices and I now have the ‘Wireless Reconcile’ and ‘On Conflicts’ menu items, but ‘Delete On’ is still set to Handheld.

This isn’t the first time this has happened and I would like to get to the bottom of why it is occurring and also, how I can set devices to ‘Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld’ from the BES.

I have attempted to go into the Person Record on the BES and checked Message Settings, these are set to True and Bidirectional.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards

We had this happen after we upgraded our BES server to 4.1.4 with Exchange 2007. Now every-time we activate someone via the wireless enterprise activation we have to remember to change the Delete on setting to Mailbox and Handheld. We didn't have this issue with the other BES server 4.0.3. I hope that there is a setting on the server to set this as a default.
Closed Thread