Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
kevinwa

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default 8310 Pairing with my MB S Class

Please Login to Remove!

I am having a problem pairing the 8310 with my MB S Class - On the Welcome to AWS for Mercedes-Benz web site it list the 8300 as compatible, which I assume makes the 8310 compatible but it doesn't upload the address book. Upon further review (I called them) they say only 8300 phones with Software version 4.2.2.89 (platform 2.4.0.39) will work. Mine is 4.2.2.170 (platform 2.5.0.30) Makes no sense to me why an earlier one would work and the later not. But???

Questions: Can I install this version (4.2.2.89) on my 8310, will it work? Would I lose functionality of other items? Could I go revert back if there was a problem? Where would I get this version and how does one install a new operating systems version on the 8310?

Thanks
Old 01-31-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
kevinwa

Been awhile but any ideas on if this can be done?
Old 01-31-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Go into Bluetooth Set-up. Find your car and hit select>Device Properties
(Make sure it is trusted = YES) Menu>Save

Under bluetooth setup hit Menu>Options and ensure Address Book Transfer : = All Entries

Then while paired in your car go into Bluetooth set-up (wait here) then hit the sequence on your Benz to receive the address book, the highlight your car on the BB and Transfer Address Book.

Hopefully it works.

Let me know!

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 01-31-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
kevinwa

I will right now although I believe I have tried these steps but not with the waitiing periods. Back after I've tried.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
kevinwa

Default Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Go into Bluetooth Set-up. Find your car and hit select>Device Properties
(Make sure it is trusted = YES) Menu>Save

Under bluetooth setup hit Menu>Options and ensure Address Book Transfer : = All Entries

Then while paired in your car go into Bluetooth set-up (wait here) then hit the sequence on your Benz to receive the address book, the highlight your car on the BB and Transfer Address Book.

Hopefully it works.

Let me know!

E-
Okay I tried this and as I thought I had followed pretty much exactly what you said above. The only part is "then hit the sequence on your Benz to receive the address book" I don't really see any particular menu items on the car to do this and I can only speak from prior experience with my wifes iPhone - we didn't have to do anything with the car to make it work other then pair it and the address book showed up. So if you know something specific about something I need to do or look for on the car let me know, otherwise, I'm still lost why this does not work. I still get the failure to connect message.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwa View Post
Okay I tried this and as I thought I had followed pretty much exactly what you said above. The only part is "then hit the sequence on your Benz to receive the address book" I don't really see any particular menu items on the car to do this and I can only speak from prior experience with my wifes iPhone - we didn't have to do anything with the car to make it work other then pair it and the address book showed up. So if you know something specific about something I need to do or look for on the car let me know, otherwise, I'm still lost why this does not work. I still get the failure to connect message.
Is there a device properties for the MB? The BB may need to be set up as a trusted device. On my Infinity I had to initiate "Receive Address book" and then send from the BB.

Did you pair the Iphone with the same vehicle? Are you sure it can hold multiple address books?

Grasping here...sorry.

E-

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 02-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
kevinwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Is there a device properties for the MB? The BB may need to be set up as a trusted device. On my Infinity I had to initiate "Receive Address book" and then send from the BB.

Did you pair the Iphone with the same vehicle? Are you sure it can hold multiple address books?

Grasping here...sorry.

E-
Yes there are properties. Trusted device is one of them and I have checked and unchecked it. It also ask about "Encryption" Yes or No and Echo On /Echo Off. I've tried them all one way or the other. Yes I did pair the iphone with the same vehicle but have sense deleted. There are no options on the vehcile menu to "receive phone book" I can find.

The phone is paired with the vehicle, it works, I can make calls, and receive but the phone book will not transfer. Go figure?
Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
Holz
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm not sure if this is any help, but I'll mention it anyway. I have a Lexus and have had 2 BB's with it. I'm not sure if it's a BB thing or a Lexus thing, but even after I upload my address book, I'm not able to control the address book in my car from my phone. So when a call comes in, my address book in the car can't even display the name with the number. The address book is kinda pointless in the car because I'd have to dial from the car instead of dialing from my phone.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe BB's address book has a hard time syncing or even uploading at all with most cars?

Enough rambling... hahaha.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
kevinwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holz View Post
I'm not sure if this is any help, but I'll mention it anyway. I have a Lexus and have had 2 BB's with it. I'm not sure if it's a BB thing or a Lexus thing, but even after I upload my address book, I'm not able to control the address book in my car from my phone. So when a call comes in, my address book in the car can't even display the name with the number. The address book is kinda pointless in the car because I'd have to dial from the car instead of dialing from my phone.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe BB's address book has a hard time syncing or even uploading at all with most cars?

Enough rambling... hahaha.
Not a clue, just pxxx's me off that the iPhone just paired and worked. No problems. The Mercedes Web Site says this phone works BUT with a different level (older) software version. So you wonder why would the new one not work?
Closed Thread