Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
vandeda
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default Higher End Stereo Headset - No bluetooth

Please Login to Remove!

I was wondering if anyone has used any high end stereo headsets. No bluetooth please. I have an 8703e, and frankly I don't always understand people so well over the phone.

I recently (as in last night) purchased the Altec Lansing UHS306 at my local Verizon store (get a nice company discount for Verizon) and the headphones worked great in voice clarity, but the microphone ... well ... is bad ... real bad because it picks up lots of background noise. One friend said that it sounded like I was on the highway even though I was sitting in my parked car with the engine off in a fairly quiet neighborhood. So I'd like something that will give me good clarity like the Altec Lansing's did, but a better microphone.

I'm thinking of buying the Seidio 2-in-1 adaptor and pairing them with something like the Shure E2c. I'm curious if anyone has tried the 2-in-1 adaptor and can attest to the sound quality of the microphone. Or maybe one of Shure's I-series? Or something else?

I don't mind spending more money (in the $100 range) because I value hearing my friends clearly, but I also want them to hear me clearly too!

Thanks,
Dan
Old 01-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8100: BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Iremember when I had the 8700g. I used the earpiece that came with the unit and everyone said they could hear me very clearly, and I could here them very clearly as well. I don't know what your experience has been with the standard wired earpiece, but mine was very good.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
vandeda
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Hmmm ... no headset came with the phone, so yeah I have no experience with it.

I must admit though, when I was sitting at home, I really liked having the stereo ... *almost* like the person was sitting there.

A good set of ear buds coupled with the Seidio 2-in-1 would be great too because when I'm traveling, I wouldn't have to carry around my full size earphones too, so I can get good sound from the ipod at home & on the go ... sorry, I'm thinking out loud right now.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

I have to agree with Jeremy. The wired ear-buds that came with my 8700c and my 8310 are both very very good. I have tried some other wired and bluetooth items, and have not had the overwhelming success that I did with the shipped items. They seem to work well under the largest array of environments.