BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
joe.skelly
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: 23F46C78
Carrier: T-Mobile
Thumbs up Transferring Media to 8700 using Bluetooth - It Works!

Please Login to Remove!

This is something that I got working, and I'm probably not the first to get it going, but I thought if anybody else was out there that are trying to get ringtones and pictures to their BB 8700 (Because Media Manager won't work!), I found a pretty quick and easy way to do it without BES, BIS or PIN Messenger.

You have to have another cell phone with Bluetooth on it for this to work. I did it all with my Motorola Razr V3c.

I put everything I wanted on a removable flash card (MicroSD is what I needed for my phone). But, if you have a Moto phone and the data cable for your BlackBerry, the BB's data cable can be used on the Moto, and you might be able to get your hands on Moto PhoneTools and put what you want on that phone.

Here's what I got:
Okay, I got the bluetooth transfer to work.

For anyone interested in this, here's what I did (I was able to copy images and .mp3/.mid ring tones to my blackberry and they all work!)

Specs
BB 8700C OS 4.2.1.114 (Sending Too)
MotoRZR V3c (Sending From)

For the record, this might work with other phones on both ends, but I don't know how to do it on other ones, but I assume they should be pretty much the same!

First I enabled the bluetooth on both phones and bonded them together.
MotoRZR -
Go into your Media Gallery - Then Pictures or Sounds (Whichever you are going to transfer). Select the media, then use the "Options" button, and go to copy.
From there, select Bluetooth
If it asks you to turn the Bluetooth on, say yes
Stay in the Object Exchange screen, then go to the blackberry

Blackberry
Go into the Applications list, then go into Media
Select either Pictures or Ring Tones (Doesn't Matter)
Then over Preloaded Ringtones or Device Memory, use the wheel click once, and go to Receive Using Bluetooth
The File Transfer Window Will come up, now go back to the other phone

Select your BlackBerry Bluetooth name, it will seek it.
On the blackberry, it will then come up and ask you where you want to save it. It will jump to the pictures folder automatically if you are sending an image, and the Ring Tones folder if you are sending a media clip.

Don't worry about the extension in the rename, it will keep it. After that, go to Save and it will transfer!

That's it!

Hope this helps people who have an 8700, 2 phones (or a laptop with Bluetooth - don't know if it'll work this way though), and don't have BIS!

Last edited by joe.skelly; 06-15-2008 at 04:41 PM..
Closed Thread