Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
tomdkat
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default Curve gone from sprint site?

Please Login to Remove!

looked at the sprint site today. Curve nowhere to be found....
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

they sold out completely in their warehouses. Same thing with the Instinct. Gotta love proactive ordering... Can take 6 weeks for an order to be filled, hopefully they ordered more 5 weeks ago.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:10 PM   #3
kitmoni
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
PIN: >Options>Status
Carrier: Sprint

How frustrating. I was ready to upgrade to the Curve today, and no one knows when they will be back. Maybe I should have never left Verizon. Anyone have a good way to provide feedback to the right levels?
Old 06-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

The guy that orders our devices was on the phone with a rep, 75 were available, by the time they got around to trying to commit the order they were gone. I've been holding out for the Sprint model but snatched up a US Cell device when it came in. Like the hardware, not impressed with the service or options. I'll definitely switch when the Sprint models become available.

Sprint's really shooting themselves in the foot on this one; think of all the sales they're missing out on...
Old 06-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
Baldie
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9360

Its a hit and miss thing with sprint and their stock I place and order with them on 6/23/08 for 2 curves. Then I hear its on backorder and all these people complaining they've been waiting for over a week or so. Even my order status stated "backorder". A call to their reps confirmed "backorder" status. Turns out they had them shipped to me next-day service and received them 6/25/08. Looks like they get stock then their out, then they get stock then their out. Just gotta get your order in there and you'll get it. I think they took the phone off the site to prevent getting even more backlogged in orders. Also from what I heard they are trying to fulfill the instinct backorders as well.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #6
fireboy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330

I came into the same issue a few days ago, I am on a government coorperate account and just upgraded to a Curve, Long story short they told me that regional stores will not have Curves until middle August. I did get lucky a returned curve was at the store and I have that until my new one arrives in August.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #7
JoshRambo

PIN: N/A

I got mine like 3 weeks ago off the site. I was having some issues with it so I stopped in the Sprint store and they all just looked at me and asked how I was able to get it. They said there is a big waiting list at some stores.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #8
georges326

Carrier: sprint

We all know that Sprint does not have the 8330, but I was wondering if its available to other providers such as Verizon, etc. The reason I am saying this is, being cynical, that Sprint may not want something as good as BB Curve competing with the Instinct. It seems a little strange to me that the Curve disappeared just before the Instinct launched. Am I being too warped with this thinking? What do you think?

george
Old 06-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #9
!3unn!3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 31A318E2

Its a RIM side problem, my good friend from sprint ( store manager) told me that they're having difficulties with RIM and sprint tweaking issues, and have warehouse loads ready to be shipped but needing the approval by RIM...NO store has ANY curves.
Name- Mike
Loves BBF!!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #10
georges326

!3unn!3

Thanks for the heads up. That makes me feel better and less cynical.

george
Old 06-27-2008, 10:31 PM   #11
!3unn!3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 31A318E2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georges326 View Post
!3unn!3

Thanks for the heads up. That makes me feel better and less cynical.

george
Yeah day before they were being shipped in I sat at the store activating a 8830 because the curve hadn't come in and I didn't sit for no reason at all >.<....so I settled with the WE which I am happy to announce i LOVE!!
Name- Mike
Loves BBF!!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #12
jerseykat1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Ordered my curve online the morning of its release I am EST so ide say I was lucky enough to get one of the first few. No problems so far. God forbid I should have a problem with it being that they are limited on supply. If att gets there 3g network on par with sprints by the time the bold is released I may have a sCurve going up for sale on ebay. Or if palm creates an amazing device with an amazing NEW OS I may go back to palm. But right now I am in love with my Curve.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:34 AM   #13
georges326

!3unn!3

Just re-read your reply and have a question. You mentioned a "tweaking" issue. Is that RIM or Sprint? And if you know, is that a tweak to make things better or is that a tweak(especially on Sprints part) to remove something that is there now but when removed or tweaked, will cost us more money per month(plan wise) to have again? There I go again, getting cynical!
thanks

george
Old 06-28-2008, 03:09 AM   #14
Baldie
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9360

I've had my curves for about 3 days now and I've had no issues at all with service. I was on the pearl and absolutely love my curve. I'm just wondering how some of use who ordered from the site got them quick while some are still waiting.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:48 AM   #15
netwiz01
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 32B21BE5
Carrier: Sprint, Power up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykat1 View Post
Ordered my curve online the morning of its release I am EST so ide say I was lucky enough to get one of the first few. No problems so far. God forbid I should have a problem with it being that they are limited on supply. If att gets there 3g network on par with sprints by the time the bold is released I may have a sCurve going up for sale on ebay. Or if palm creates an amazing device with an amazing NEW OS I may go back to palm. But right now I am in love with my Curve.

Same here. I ordered mine as soon as the devices became available online. I believe I ordered it on a Friday and got my Curve the next Tuesday. In addition I got a $100.00 mail in rebate.

PIN: 32B11BE5
Old 06-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #16
jillyjillz

Default bs....this is so wack right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldie View Post
Its a hit and miss thing with sprint and their stock I place and order with them on 6/23/08 for 2 curves. Then I hear its on backorder and all these people complaining they've been waiting for over a week or so. Even my order status stated "backorder". A call to their reps confirmed "backorder" status. Turns out they had them shipped to me next-day service and received them 6/25/08. Looks like they get stock then their out, then they get stock then their out. Just gotta get your order in there and you'll get it. I think they took the phone off the site to prevent getting even more backlogged in orders. Also from what I heard they are trying to fulfill the instinct backorders as well.
That's crazy because I ordered mine june 21...and still they give me a run around. I was suppose 2 get it by this weekend now they tell me I will have to wait another week. Im so upset because I really want this phone man. I don't understand how you order after me and get it before me.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #17
ctzp

Model: Curve

I ordered through SERO on June 20th (friday). Got it on tuesday.

Like it so far.. it's my first blackberry. $60 month for everything unlimited (except the minutes)
Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #18
dricab

I ordered mu Curve on 6/19 and still haven't received my phone as yet. I have been calling everyday and is getting conflicting information; some reps telling me to call back in the evening for a tracking number and others telling me they don't know when the phone will be available.

There is no order to what they are doing; I've read numerous posts with people ordering the phone after me receiving their phones within 3 days.

I tired of the runaround so I sent an email today to [email address] and [email address]. I hope they will be able to fix this issue.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #19
ctzp

Model: Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricab View Post
I ordered mu Curve on 6/19 and still haven't received my phone as yet. I have been calling everyday and is getting conflicting information; some reps telling me to call back in the evening for a tracking number and others telling me they don't know when the phone will be available.

There is no order to what they are doing; I've read numerous posts with people ordering the phone after me receiving their phones within 3 days.

I tired of the runaround so I sent an email today to [email address] and [email address]. I hope they will be able to fix this issue.
Did you order through SERO or regular? (Simply everything)
Old 06-29-2008, 12:06 AM   #20
dricab

I ordered through regular.
Closed Thread