BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
jwo5173

Model: 7290
Default can recieve, but not send

Please Login to Remove!

I have sync'd my BB to my PC and everytime I disconnect the cable, I am no longer able to send email from the BB. I am on enterprise 4.0. It was working fine until I used the desktop manager and sync'd. Any ideas on how to get the send feature back?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #2
marshalross

Model: 7250

messed up encryption keys perhaps? I would resend the service books from the BES
Old 09-06-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
akdumga
Thumbs Must Hurt

Is it that the send function is not actually available on the handheld, or when you send the messages they don't leave the handheld and sit with a clock icon beside them for?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:39 PM   #4
MobileRC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

does it say there are no message services configured? or do you get red x's?
Old 09-07-2005, 08:00 AM   #5
Zeus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I'm new to the backberry world. I have this same problem of being able to receive and not send. I'm getting the message box saying there are no message services configured.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:08 AM   #6
akdumga
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
I'm new to the blackberry world. I have this same problem of being able to receive and not send. I'm getting the message box saying there are no message services configured.
This indicates you do not have the correct service books on the handheld. A service book essentially tells the handheld how and where to send messages which you compose.

To correct the situation depends on whether you are a BIS user, BES user or Desktop Redirector. But basically, if you are BIS, there is a button under options on the web client site to push service books to the HH. If you are BES, you could cradle your handheld at your desktop, or ask your BES administrator to resend your service books. If you are just using Desktop Redirector, simply cradle at your desktop and sync with Desktop Manager.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #7
Serophis

Model: 7520

Zeus: you're likely not on a Bes server...to find out how you receive your email, go to Options (the wrench), then click on Service book.

If you see Webclient, you use the blackberry webclient and should log into the online version of your webclient (type blackberry web client into google and go to the appropriate site's version of it, be it verizon, t mobile, rogers, nextel, etc.), log in with the username and password you first set it up from, then go to Profiles> Send Service Book on your PC.

If you see Desktop, you will want to view the service book. If for an ID it gives you the letter "s" and a number, you are on a Bes. You will need to contact your bes administrator/IT department and have them resend the service books there.

If you see an email address as your ID, you are using Redirector, and must go on your pc to the redirector settings icon on the desktop manager, click on security, and generate a new encryption key manually with the BB plugged in and connected.

If you see both Desktop and Webclient, you will need to do a modify install of your software on the PC (put the CD in, select modify when it asks, and choose the second option for Email Integration, then hit next till it installs, then delete the Desktop Service books leaving only webclient) to get it working properly.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:21 PM   #8
Zeus

Thank you bot for the responses.

I am on a BES. After an hour of Cingular tech support passing me around from person to person, I have this issue resolved.

I did need new service books installed; but, I had to delete the old ones first. Delete and readd my user on the BES and all is well again.

Thank you
Old 09-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #9
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800

This is and isn't a service book related issue.

It is not about the "type" of service book that you have, but it is about that service book being registered properly with the messaging system. Usually the easiest way to resolve this issue is to go into Options > Service Book > Highlight the Desktop [CMIME] Service book > Click the thumbwheel and choose delete. Once gone, click the thumbwheel and choose Undelete. When it is undeleted, it also reregisters itself with the messaging system and no more errors.

Zro
Old 09-15-2005, 01:40 PM   #10
b3peter

Carrier: T-Mobile

I tried all of the above suggestions with no luck. We are running BES 3.6 and I was finally able to fix this issue by correcting the mail profile settings that the Desktop Manager software uses. It was using a Microsoft Internet mail profile and I configured it to use the correct Exchange profile setting. I then manually generated the key three times and the handheld now has the send option.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:52 AM   #11
jasonclamb

Carrier: VerizonWireless
Default Worked for me!

This worked perfectly for me.

I have a BES 3.6 and a user with a 7250 that had this problem and this fixed it.

Thank you!
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zro

It is not about the "type" of service book that you have, but it is about that service book being registered properly with the messaging system. Usually the easiest way to resolve this issue is to go into Options > Service Book > Highlight the Desktop [CMIME] Service book > Click the thumbwheel and choose delete. Once gone, click the thumbwheel and choose Undelete. When it is undeleted, it also reregisters itself with the messaging system and no more errors.

Zro
Old 03-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #12
f0rmat

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

I am having a similar problem, except I get a quick checkmark when I send, and then a red X and it never goes anywhere. I've already killed the handheld, removed from BES and readded to the BES.

Any thoughts??
Old 03-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #13
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rmat
I am having a similar problem, except I get a quick checkmark when I send, and then a red X and it never goes anywhere. I've already killed the handheld, removed from BES and readded to the BES.

Any thoughts??
Have you tried to download a new service book? Sounds like that could be the problem.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:45 PM   #14
b3peter

Go to Options>Security and make sure you only have one Desktop Service Book under services. I had a user who had the same issue and I removed the conflicting desktop service to resolve the issue.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #15
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

The problem is most likely an incorrectly installed desktop manager. If it's not installed right email sending will come to a screeching halt!! It's happened to me. Completely uninstall the desktop manager. Connect to your email system i.e. vpn, dialup, etc. Then reinstall. Make sure that the install asks you to specify Blackberry Enterprise Server along with an email system like Microsoft Exchange. If it never asks it is installing for BIS and will give you this trouble each time you plug in your handheld. I would suggest callilng your IT guy and have them go through the uninstall and installation with you. If it's not installed properly you will lose your ability to send email each time you plug in.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #16
earth

Model: 8700R

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rmat

Any thoughts??
try sending a PIN to someone. if it gives you a red X again then it's a problem with your service provider.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:15 PM   #17
wisegoat

Carrier: Verizon
Default Thanks! This worked for me exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zro

Zro
I LOVE THIS SITE! It has saved my bacon countless times since I took on this shi**y task.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #18
SMorganPhoto

Model: 8330
PIN: 31C7D62A

Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but I need some guidance. We have reinstalled the software via a push through Novadigm (a tool we use to push software). I have deleted and undeleted the service book. We have added and removed and added the account to the BES. I sent a test message from the BES and I can reply and see the send option. Now, he can receive regular email but when he tries to reply there is only a save draft option.

Feel free to add me to BB Messenger!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #19
b3peter

How many desktop services do you show under services in Options>security?
Old 05-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #20
SMorganPhoto

Model: 8330
PIN: 31C7D62A

never mind

Feel free to add me to BB Messenger!
Closed Thread