Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 01:13 AM   #1
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT
Default Caller ID Question on phone app

Please Login to Remove!

--My apologies for posting this in the wrong thread last time.!!
Hey, I wonder if there is a way to do something about this issue. I receive faxes on my BB and when the phone rings, there is no way way to tell if the call is coming from a fax line or from the home phone number. I have the number saved in my Address Book. It will be nice if the called ID shows the caller Name and it phone type: Mobile, Home, Fax etc so that I don't have to pick up the fax call.
Any help is highly appreciated
Old 09-18-2005, 08:20 AM   #2
Dusty Saddle
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joginder
--My apologies for posting this in the wrong thread last time.!!
Hey, I wonder if there is a way to do something about this issue. I receive faxes on my BB and when the phone rings, there is no way way to tell if the call is coming from a fax line or from the home phone number. I have the number saved in my Address Book. It will be nice if the called ID shows the caller Name and it phone type: Mobile, Home, Fax etc so that I don't have to pick up the fax call.
Any help is highly appreciated
I'm curious, what BB do you have and what software are you using to receive faxes on yur BB?
Old 09-18-2005, 02:10 PM   #3
Johnsrt4
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: N/A
Carrier: cingular

Yeah I would also like to know that! Very interesting getting a fax on a blackberry.
Using cingular 8100 Pearl
Old 09-18-2005, 02:40 PM   #4
skj8100

Model: 7520

If this is in the wrong place sorry... Is the Jabra BT800 Bluetooth Headset caller id supported by the 7520?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:32 PM   #5
joginder

Ohh Sure.. I am with T-Mobile and have been receiving all my faxes on my phone or BB because T-Mo has a separate inbox for all faxes. I used to have the same thing with AT&T also but I don't know about Cingular. Fax still comes fine.. The only problem is that if the fax is coming then I will not know if this is a fax or actual voice call until I pick up the phone. but then i lost the fax.
So far the only solution is to save my fax number as a new address book entry like FaxFromJohn and its fax number so that I know by caller ID.
But there should be a way ?? Any healp friends?
I am using BB7730 right now but I will be jumping to 7290 because I feel cramped on it because of the space.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:37 PM   #6
joginder

Ohh also once I get the fax in T-Mo inbox then I can forward it to any phone number. Works really cool for me
Old 09-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #7
Dusty Saddle
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joginder
Ohh also once I get the fax in T-Mo inbox then I can forward it to any phone number. Works really cool for me
What do you have to do to read the fax on your BB? Does it arrive in TIFF format or something else? Is the fax service with T-MO a separate service or is it part of their standard blackberry plan? How does your bb send the fax tone required to connect with a fax machine.

Last edited by Dusty Saddle; 09-19-2005 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: error
Old 09-19-2005, 10:46 PM   #8
joginder

No.. I can not see the fax on myt BB. it is part of T-Mo plan where they have a separate inbox for all faxes messages. When I hear my messages I have the options to print that fax message on any fax machine or forward it to another phone number (T-Mo only??)
My problem is that ... If someone is trying to send me a fax and then I don't want to pick up the line and let it go to voice mail because voice mail will handle fax properly. is there a way to identify from caller ID whether the call is coming from the home, work or fax number stored in my address book on BB
Closed Thread