BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
ragin cajun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular
Default Does call come in while listening to music?

Please Login to Remove!

On my Iphone while listening to music, if a call comes thru, the music will pause and the phone will ring thru the headphones and I can pick the call up. Does the bold have this feature? If not, will it notify you at all when a call comes in?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
soupandsandwich

Yes, the Bold will pause the currently playing track to allow the call to come through.
When you end the call, the music will resume where it left off.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Yes I would agree I use mine all the time as a MP3 player. Problem is when you use earphones and the phone rings you have to take your earphones out of your ears to answer
Old 12-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
culture
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Robbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspan View Post
Yes I would agree I use mine all the time as a MP3 player. Problem is when you use earphones and the phone rings you have to take your earphones out of your ears to answer
If you use the stock earphones that come with the bold you can keep them in your ears. The callers voice will come through the headphones, and there is a speaker and button on the wire coming from the left ear so you can click the button to end the call, and the speaker will pick up your voice for the caller.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
tbird57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: OU812
Carrier: AT$T/Choked

Wirelessly posted

Mine come with ear buds that you can talk with also

Old 12-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
clevebb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint always

On my 8830 with version .01 this feature is a little problematic and doesn't show the incoming call screen!!! I can still press talk to answer.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:31 AM   #7
ijaz_81

Carrier: Telstra

I use my bold as an Mp3 as well. I went out and purchased a wireless bluetooth earphones they are Sony DR-BT30Q, they pair perfectly with the bold phone, best thing is if a call comes through the music stops it send a ring through the earphone you push on the side of the earphone to answer and push again to hang up. Or if your listening to music, you can push again on the side of the earphone and it enable the voice activation telling you say a command, you say " call home" and away you go you can leave your blackberry in your bag and make, receive calls and listen to music, change tracks, volume without even touching the BB. I paid $145 aussie dollars for the bluetooth earphones. They came out here about 4 months ago, which usually means they were in the US probably 2 years ago LOL,
Old 12-03-2008, 09:14 AM   #8
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culture View Post
If you use the stock earphones that come with the bold you can keep them in your ears. The callers voice will come through the headphones, and there is a speaker and button on the wire coming from the left ear so you can click the button to end the call, and the speaker will pick up your voice for the caller.
True I threw those out though there a piece of crap I like real noise canceling headphones sounds sooo much better. I still wish it would send the audio to the headphones even though there is no mic i can just hold it close to my face and use it like you would a push to talk.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
ragin cajun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hate to dig up an old thread but when I am playing music and a call comes thru all the bold does is pause the music. The ringtone still plays thru the onboard phone speaker. Is there a setting to make the ring come thru the headphones?
Old 02-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #10
Smith_RS
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

I have a bluetooth handsfree setup in my car. It also supports audio via A2DP. So I can listen to music on my car stereo with no wires attached, then when I get a call it pauses the music and I take the call, still routed through the car's speakers.

This is something the iPhone can't do, at least not without an aftermarket interface setup.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:29 AM   #11
Smith_RS

Carrier: AT&T

Ragin,

Sorry I didn't answer your question. My understanding is it works that way so you don't miss the call if your headphones aren't in. I haven't been able to find a way to just make it play the ringtone. With bluetooth it seems like the handsfree unit has to use it's own ring. But if I play the ringtone via the media player through the A2DP interface, that works. So yes, you definitely have a valid gripe.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #12
dwella

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevebb View Post
On my 8830 with version .01 this feature is a little problematic and doesn't show the incoming call screen!!! I can still press talk to answer.
This is a bold thread. You might want to go to the 8300 forum and you will probably get an answer, might even be already answered if you do a search.

d
Old 02-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #13
ragin cajun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yeah I find it a little annoying that RIM wouldn't make this an option. Seems an easy enough change to make.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:41 AM   #14
Damaged7

Model: 9810

Wirelessly posted

How do you enable this?

If I'm playing music and get a txt I hear it through the headphones. But if someone phones the music keeps playing and it rings on my external speaker. Hard to hear when I have music going.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #15
threewater

Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith_RS View Post
I have a bluetooth handsfree setup in my car. It also supports audio via A2DP. So I can listen to music on my car stereo with no wires attached, then when I get a call it pauses the music and I take the call, still routed through the car's speakers.
I have bluetooth handsfree in the car. If I play music through the AUX car stereo setting via the headphone socket, an incoming call kills the music (which is good). No speech is transmitted through the stereo because the headphone socket has a cable in it (which is a problem). No sound is heard at the other end, I presume because the cable has no mic.

Are there any gizmos available to solve this problem?

(I actually use an 8120 but I have a Bold coming in a day or so and I assume the issue will be similar).
Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #16
thatboiwes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Torch
PIN: 22D1C6A9
Carrier: at&t

Wirelessly posted (at&t BlackBerry Bold 9000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspan
Quote:
Originally Posted by culture View Post
True I threw those out though there a piece of crap I like real noise canceling headphones sounds sooo much better. I still wish it would send the audio to the headphones even though there is no mic i can just hold it close to my face and use it like you would a push to talk.
I know this was written a while back, but when I had the Curve, you could use any regular headphones and just turn on the speakerphone. It could hear the other caller through the headphones and talk without having to hold the BlackBerry up to your face.

I haven't tried that out on the Bold but it worked great on the Curve.