BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 07:48 PM   #1
nitro

Default T-Mobile 7100 BB Plan added as "Free" and AIM Answ

Please Login to Remove!

Just got off the phone with T-Mobile after upgrading to the 7100 and them forgetting to add the BB data to my account. Grr.

In any event, here's what I got out of the guy at T-Mobile (I even asked him "Are you sure?")

* IM Messaging goes over SMS, but is included with the 19.99 unlimited blackberry data and does not take from your messages
* The 19.99 unlimited bb data plan comes with 300 messages incoming or outgoing.
* Switching SMS messaging to GRPS instead of GSM does not count towards any incoming or outgoing messaging limits/counts/buckets.

Also, I logged into T-Mobile on the web and saw this and printed it just in case they try to charge me, I have this to back me up.

------------
My current optional services

Bonus 50 Minutes Free
BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on Free
Add or change my services
-----------

Free?! I hope so! I've got a print copy just in case! We'll see how that goes. (The 50 bonus minutes are for "forgetting" to add data to my account when I got the phone and requested the data and was told it was added.)
Old 10-25-2004, 09:52 AM   #2
chapaj
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I dont know if this is related, but I just logged on to my tmobile, and all my added options are shown as "free." This includes by BB add-on, text messaging, my wife's tzones, and both of our equipment protection plans. Some glitch on tmo's part?
Old 10-25-2004, 09:58 AM   #3
map
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile

Mine says free, too. Wouldn't that be a nice "mistake"... :D
Old 10-25-2004, 10:54 AM   #4
jfang

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

Me too.

It wasn't free as of 8 days ago when I last checked. Neither were my SMS/IM messages since I had a bill for 28 dollars halfway through my bill cycle. However, I did call and complain that their rep was not very clear about whether or IM was included with the BB plan (which apparently it wasn't)

But who knows, I'll take free for as long as I can get it.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:03 PM   #5
shorty

Well, I'll be darned, mine says free, too. Last week, the last time I checked, I was paying for the $19.99 BB unlimited add-on and the $9.99 unlimited SMS promo. Maybe it's free for just a month?
Old 10-25-2004, 04:37 PM   #6
rmarquez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Default Re: T-Mobile 7100 BB Plan added as "Free" and AIM

Nitro:

Did you find this printed anywhere on the T-Mobile site? I printed the same page where it says that the unlimited BlackBerry add-on is free, but I can't find anywhere where it says that IM is unlimited and it wont take away from your bucket of text messages.... do you have a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro

* IM Messaging goes over SMS, but is included with the 19.99 unlimited blackberry data and does not take from your messages
* The 19.99 unlimited bb data plan comes with 300 messages incoming or outgoing.
* Switching SMS messaging to GRPS instead of GSM does not count towards any incoming or outgoing messaging limits/counts/buckets.
Old 10-25-2004, 06:08 PM   #7
ainvar

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Whoa mine says free also and I know for a fact Buddytime is not free...

I guess someone screwed up on the pricing again like they did when the h6315 rolled out and they were selling Tmo Internet and Hotspots for 19.99 instead os 19.99 per option.

We the unwilling led by the unqualified for so long with so little we now attempt the impossible with nothing
Old 10-25-2004, 08:11 PM   #8
Tremelle

I just purchased a 7100 from T-Mobile on Friday of last week. They have some new BB plans that were introduced with the new phone. Here is the link to the plan I got, http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/BlackB...sp?PlanID=4802. The new plans appear to be better than the previous ones. Maybe they are rewarding their loyal customers with the new plan features.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:16 PM   #9
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc
Carrier: T-Mobile

The new plans are valid with new activation only, or require a contract extension for existing clients.

For example, I was on a BB mail and minutes plan with 1000 anytime minutes and unlimited BB for 69.99/month. The new rate for this type of plan is 59.99. I submitted to change to the 59.99/month but had to extend the contract.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:04 PM   #10
shorty

Just checked my plan on the T-Mobile site again and the charges are back for SMS ($9.99 unlimited) and Internet ($19.99 unlimited). Weird!
Old 10-26-2004, 12:36 PM   #11
nitro

Yeah, mine's back to $19.99 too, but I'm going to be a jerk and press em really hard and see what I can get out of it (after all, I was able to press Verizon to get out of contract without a termination fee :D). As for the SMS/IM thing, I haven't been able to find it on the site, but that's what the rep told me and if it's wrong, I'm going to be one pissed off, angry yelling customer.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:12 PM   #12
rmarquez
Thumbs Must Hurt

nitro:

thanks for answering my question about the IM/SMS thing. If you make a case about it, you'll need the rep ID #, else you're out of luck trying to make a point about something that CC (Customer Care) said. So I hope you wrote that ID # down somewhere..

Regards

Roy

Quote:
Yeah, mine's back to $19.99 too, but I'm going to be a jerk and press em really hard and see what I can get out of it (after all, I was able to press Verizon to get out of contract without a termination fee :D). As for the SMS/IM thing, I haven't been able to find it on the site, but that's what the rep told me and if it's wrong, I'm going to be one pissed off, angry yelling customer.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:44 PM   #13
jfang

Model: 8100

Quote:
Nitro - I had the same problem. The sales rep told me IM/SMS was unlimited and included with the 19.99 plan (which obviously it wasn't)

After 385+ IM/SMS were sent and after some more reading on here, I called TMo's customer service and explained the situation to them, they wiped the cost of the 385 messages and put me on the 9.99 unlimited plan.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:08 PM   #14
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarquez
nitro:

thanks for answering my question about the IM/SMS thing. If you make a case about it, you'll need the rep ID #, else you're out of luck trying to make a point about something that CC (Customer Care) said. So I hope you wrote that ID # down somewhere..

Regards

Roy
FYI, they do have records tied to your account for when you call in. this will include who you spoke to within the history of your account. ;)
Old 10-27-2004, 06:37 PM   #15
rmarquez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Jibi:

Thats the way I assumed things worked out but had an incident recently when I had a Sidekick II and they all played "dumb" since they refused to honor what they promised verbally because I did not have a rep ID. Thats why snce then , I ask then to repeat their number TWICE so I can keep a log of who I talk. Serves the purpose well as I seem to be writing more and more letters to Customer Relations (first for the Sync fiasco with the Sidekicks and then for something else I cant remember right this minute) which by the way, sadly go unanswered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarquez
nitro:

Regards

Roy
FYI, they do have records tied to your account for when you call in. this will include who you spoke to within the history of your account. ;)
Old 11-06-2004, 04:11 PM   #16
pvr2pvr

Old 01-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #17
cargojack

Jibi, I hate the t-mobile service I get with my 7100t. It is a nice piece of hardware with poor system implementation. You said you had a Side Kick. What was your experience like? I am thinking of switching to a sidekick
Old 01-27-2005, 03:41 PM   #18
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

rmarquez had one not me. a lot of my coworkers had them before switching to the Treo 600. a few have switched to a 7100t from the Treo (my supervisors, manager and director) - they all like it. i run the BES here, so i have to use a RIM device.

as for their experience, my coworkers were ready to get rid of the SK1. however, i have a lot of friends who won't get off their SK2. i'm pretty sure my friends are happy with novel items such as a Sidekick. i'm sure its all in what you need it for, to be honest.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:11 PM   #19
cargojack

I really hate t-mobile and their service. I hate the way the browser on my 7100t distorts pages. I hate the slow speed of loading pages. Customoer service is always polite, but I hate the jerk in the store who sold me the device.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:48 PM   #20
The Truth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default It Aint that Bad...

I dont know about "hating" Tmobile and their service... in the wireless communication industry you are choosing the lesser of two evils. Youre not going to find a wireless service that is flawless, and according to ConsumerReports TMobile is ranked second in overall service in the nation. JD Power & Associates also ranked TMobile as having the highest in overall customer satisfaction with wireless service in 6 different regions for 2004.

I pay $69.99/month and get 1000 anytime, unlimited nights/weekend, unlimited web/email/text, and 125 bonus minutes every month. And I have yet to find a similar network that can offer a comparable plan.
Closed Thread