Old 12-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
TGrabowski
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default SMS Spell Check, Custom Ringtones & Overall Satisfaction

Please Login to Remove!

Is there any way to disable Spell check when using SMS texting on the Storm? Is there a way to set a custom ring tone for a user BUT keep the default message notification set to what ever the alerting profile is using? -I want to use a custom ring tone -this is working, but leave the SMS notification for the user set the same as the default action for the current(Normal) Alerting profile.

What's your overall feeling of the Storm or or
Old 12-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 3050BF93

Not sure if there is a way to disable spell check but just move past the word. it does not automatically correct it. For ringtone make a profile and make the sounds you want, its not that hard and you can use the same sounds as any other profile.

I love my storm. Typing is not as hard as people make it out to be and although there is some lag with the screen it is not to bad. The internet is fast and easy to use and overall i love it.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

You can customize the spell check settings in SMS by going to SMS & MMS > Options > Spell Check. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Personally, I love the Storm. Sometimes I still miss my Curve (mostly for the keys) but I really do enjoy the touchscreen, the better OS (I used 4.2), and the ease of use.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 3050BF93

Just found the spell check in Options>spell check. they have a lot of different things you can check or uncheck. Not sure if it works the same as rachamphetamine's way or not.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

I went to look and I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same, actually! I never noticed that before.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #6
TGrabowski
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have also found the spell check options but these seem to be accross the board fro SMS, MMS, BES, BIS ... etc. i still want spell check run against my BES and BIS accounts but not when i am composing an SMS message. I don't even remember spell check being an option for SMS with the Curve -or any other, previous, OS.

Last edited by TGrabowski; 12-29-2008 at 01:09 PM..
Old 12-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #7
TGrabowski
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachamphetamine View Post
I went to look and I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same, actually! I never noticed that before.
Sorry, please clarify what you meant. I also don't have an SMS & MMS selection under the Options tab on the home screen.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:25 PM   #8
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

It's not in the regular options. If you go to your SMS and MMS mailbox and hit the menu key to bring up those options, that's where you'll find that spell check. But it does appear to be the same as the spell check options accessible from the home Options.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
TGrabowski
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks -I had to seperate the inboxes to be able to set this seperately for email or SMS.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #10
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Oh! Sorry, I didn't even think about that problem. Mine had automatically separated the inboxes when I got them, so I wasn't aware. Sorry about that!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #11
TGrabowski
Thumbs Must Hurt

Seperating the inboxes doesn't work for me either. If I turn off Spell checking on my SMS or MMS inbox it also turns it off for my Email accounts also. I guess this is one of the new 'features' that may be corrected in a future revision or Build of the OS.
Closed Thread