Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
dizzle247
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: sprint
Default Security, GPS, and data questions - Sprint PCS 8330

Please Login to Remove!

i recently just had my brand spanking new 8330 stolen the other weekend (thank god for insurance). I had signed up to latitude with google maps and was able to track my phone for the couple of days that the battery was still installed on the device.

The device was password protected, but obviously even after 10 tries, you can wipe the device clean.

Are there any apps out there that I would be able to purchase/download/free to my CDMA curve that would allow me to nuke the phone at my command? And also a way to be able to track the GPS signal from the device at all times? I know that roblock is a good program but it is meant to be used with GSM phones to alert the owner when a sim card replacement has been done.

i've tried searching the forum for the past couple of days but i haven't been able to find a solid answer to what i'm looking for. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the issue at hand.

Also, i know that with "3G" GSM devices, you are able to surf the web while on a phone call with someone. Is it not the same for CDMA 3G? Why is that? I'm new to the CDMA world and i'm relearning the technology all over again. Some helpful insight would work! Thanks yo!
Since when did these things get so freaking advanced?!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Check the Aftermarket section or do a search. I remember hearing something about such an app.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle247 View Post
Also, i know that with "3G" GSM devices, you are able to surf the web while on a phone call with someone. Is it not the same for CDMA 3G? Why is that? I'm new to the CDMA world and i'm relearning the technology all over again. Some helpful insight would work! Thanks yo!
No, EVDO does not support simultaneous voice and data, just 3G equivalent speeds.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 04-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #4
dizzle247
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: sprint

Anybody else able to shed some light on an app? I tried searching the aftermarket section but didn't find anything to my avail.
Since when did these things get so freaking advanced?!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

If nothing else you can stick a password on it.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Sam8310

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle247 View Post
Anybody else able to shed some light on an app? I tried searching the aftermarket section but didn't find anything to my avail.
When I first bought my 8310, the helpful ATT rep gave me a printout with useful info, including the web address to this spot and an address to the site for a company or service that provided remote delete apps. If I remember correctly, you install an app on your BB, then can erase it by going to the company's web site. And now my search for that printout begins... I may no longer have it... but I tell you this to let you know that something does, or did exist that does what you want.

If I find something useful, I'll post again. Sorry I can only offer encouragement in this post.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:10 AM   #7
littleman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

Wirelessly posted (curv 8310)

Robolock does more than just a sim replacement. You can find a stolen or lost phone with it. Like most things you have to be fast. If you had a couple of days with the last one that's plenty of time to track it down. I've played with robolock and it seems to work verry well. It will also wipe the phone with a sms. And works without the user of the phone(theaf) knowing.
Closed Thread