BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 04:51 AM   #1
Fred22

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default BB Bold Messing up? 12 Mth Warrenty??

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys this is my first post and im hoping someone will be able to help me here, well i bought a new blackberry bold 9000 phone for my wife this past xmas, well shes enjoying the phone, but the other day the phone started to play up, everytime u tried to do something it would go to the contact bits on the phone list, and it isnt working properly, ive tooken it to the vodafone place to see what they can do for us as apperantly its a common fault with the little ball scroller bit, well we had a phone call yesterday to say that they found a "liquid" inside and wont be covering it, we never wet the phone or didnt put any liquid inside and since the phone is brand new and has 12 months warrenty, shouldnt they replace it? Any info appreciated thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 05:35 AM   #2
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

Liquid damage is typically not covered by warranty
Old 04-08-2009, 05:43 AM   #3
Louppls
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred22 View Post
yesterday to say that they found a "liquid" inside and wont be covering it, we never wet the phone or didnt put any liquid inside and since the phone is brand new and has 12 months warrenty, shouldnt they replace it? Any info appreciated thanks
Thats a very common response. My advice if you did not get it wet is to not give in, insist that you not get it wet and go up the management chain until you get a satisfactory response.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
nick.dollimount
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 216DF034
Carrier: Rogers

That would be a very slimy move on their part to fake water damage as to not have to replace the device. I'd be more than a little angry.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
ChestR_MolestR
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000)

Like nick said keep fighting, I returned a phone a bold a month late and had a 700$ charge on my bill for non returned hardware. I told them why it took me so long they said well we are still considering it non returned, told them fine, I will pay your rediculous fee but send me that bold back. They didn't want to do either but after complaining for 2 days they finally took the charge off my account. You loose nothing complaining for 3 weeks other then time but they will eventually try and figure something out, they can't afford to loose a blackberry customer that pays (well in canada) 90$ a month.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:31 AM   #6
Fred22

Model: 9000
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louppls View Post
Thats a very common response. My advice if you did not get it wet is to not give in, insist that you not get it wet and go up the management chain until you get a satisfactory response.

hi guys thanks for the reply, well i got back from the shop and the woman had a picture of the inside of the phone, and they said that the phone was corroded inside and thats why it wasnt working, so it had suffered liquid damage and the phone wasnt new, well i bought it off ebay and the seller said on the ad that it was "new" so ive called ebay and paypal and they said they cant do nothing about it, but to contact the man i bought it off and ask for my money back and if not to take him to court, ive never tooken anyone to court so im a bit lost/scared as to what to do, but ive got to look up into this because the people at the shop are saying they cant replace it as it would need a new motherboard and they dont replace that, i told them even if i pay for it but they just kept refusing me,

it was alot of money ive spent on this phone for it to just mess up, i feel like visiting this guy who sold me the phone with a baseball bat, but i will wait for his response, but i think hes not going to comply so like i said i think im going to have to take legal action against him,

anyways thanks guys for your quick reply, its deff appreciated
Closed Thread