BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #1
synergyit

Model: ?!?!
Default Blackberry Installation....N00b!

Please Login to Remove!

HELP!!!!

I work for an IT company that supports a wide range of companies IT, unfortunately our policy is to support EVERYTHING including software we know nothing about.

Which is where my blackberry dilema begins!

We just took on a new client that uses Blackberry, their first problem was one of the PC's that uses Blackberry.

When she tries to syncronise, windows throws an error report when trying to syncronise her Calendar and the Desktop Manager crashes out.

I have tried deleting the config folder with all the CFG files (after taking a backup) and it doesnt crash but says theres no applications to syncronise with, as soon as i put the CFG files back, it crashes. Which has lead me to believe it is something to do with these CFG files.

The user has done a reinstall before and she even recalls deleting registry keys so it sounds like it was a thorough re-install.

I have looked through these forums and saw it could be a calender object issue. So i deleted all appointments, but alas the program still crashes.

If anyone has advice on how to proceed next it would be GREATLY appreciated, if you need any other info please let me know.

Thanks!

Danny
Old 11-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #2
synergyit

Default Anyone?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 11-18-2005, 08:44 AM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

We could use some more information..

Model of the BlackBerry and OS version running. What are you trying to sync to? What version of the Desktop Manager are you using?
Old 11-18-2005, 08:49 AM   #4
synergyit

Hi there, thanks a lot for your reply.

V 3.6 of desktop manager is installed although vodaphone suggested trying version 4. This was installed but the issue still wasn't resolved.

I don't have the Blackberry model and OS to hand, and can't get it until Monday....sorry.

She is trying to sync with MS Outlook. It connects fine and then starts to sync, as soon as it starts to sync Outlook Calander, it crashes out.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:51 AM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I would delete the Outlook profile and create a new one. When Desktop Manager starts it will ask to use the new profile. Sometimes Intellisync can't properly read the Outlook profile, even if Outlook can!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #6
synergyit

Default Success!

Thanks a lot for your help NJ, just wanted to let you know that your suggestion worked. After recreating her profile, it didn't crash (although it wouldn't update anything in Outlook). I deleted the Blackberry folder in application data so that it recreated the config files and that did the trick.

Thanks Again!

Danny
Closed Thread