Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
auroramyst

Model: 3110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default BIS duplicating emails to BES

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, I have set up some BIS emial accounts after researching an issue I was having. That was the perfect resolution to my problem (thank you) but now the emails are duplicating from the BIS accounts I have set up to the BES account I already had for work.

Let me give you the background and what I am ultimately trying to do because that may help.

I work with the Mayor of our city and he has a mayor account that he needs to check and would like sent to a BB. He also has a job at the Airport that he carries a BB for already and has that set up with a BES account from the Airport BES. we (the City IT Dept) will provide him with a BB and the BES email set up for the Mayor, but he doesn't want two BB devices. He wants to use one where he can get his Airport email and Airport Calendar, tasks etc and then have a secondary email box that he gets the mayor emails in. He doesn't need calendar etc for the mayor email box. So, he can access the Mayor email via OWA. So, I set up a BIS account using the OWA account for the Mayor email and put it on my BB provided by the City so I could test it. Problem is, any emails that come to the Mayor account are being duplicated into my work account on that same BB. How do I fix that? Or, when I set it up on his BB, will it not happen since he is on a totally different network and exchange server? I tried to set up a gmail account on mine as well and it still duplicates to the BES account. He won't be able to use this setup if its going to duplicate because of the Freedom of Information Act. He can't have emails for government and city issues going to a private work address or he might have everything summoned one day including all personal emails etc.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to make sure my delima was understood
Old 06-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Given your explanation, he should not mix his mayorial accounts - email, calendar, etc. with his work accounts. Should there be litigation and legal action against one or the other, he could be a very difficult position and so could his employer.

As you said, he can't have data from one or both flowing to the other. The best and safest solution is to carry 2 devices.

So, short answer, be safe and carry two devices.

As for fixing it on your BB, delete the account in your BIS.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
TargetIT
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Are they really being mixed, or do they simply all show up in the Messages box? If they're not being downloaded into Outlook, they're not mixed and the BB is showing all messages in one area which is the default behaviour. This can be changed, but I believe it's a global setting:

View Document

or you can use a 3rd party utility - search for empower

Last edited by TargetIT; 06-04-2009 at 01:21 PM..
Closed Thread