Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Old 12-31-2004, 01:54 AM   #2
JGM

Default 7100t - Show email address by default / Shortcut Key Strokes

I am a newbie with the 7100t and to this site - Thanks for the support and wealth of info!

A few of questions:

1) A nagging problem with email addresses: Is there a way to have the actual email address show as a default for email rather than the contact name? For example, I want to see [email address] rather than 'John Smith' when reading the email. I know that you can choose 'Show Address' when reading the email, but this is too many clicks. I prefer the actual email address so that I can insure that I am sending to the correct address (personal or work).

2) Any recommendations for sites that have a list of all the shortcut key strokes? The document that came with the unit is useless!

3) Any tips on how to force the 7100t to pull down POP mail immediately on command and not wait the 15min interval??

4) I am also having battery life problems on a brand new unit with the latest s/w (.128). My 7100t used up 60% of a full battery in 24 hrs with no email useage at all, no AIM and 30 minutes of phone usage.
I just lowered the contrast and backlite as per a few postings, but I am not sure I can live with this. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
JGM
Old 01-01-2005, 06:13 AM   #3
NickFLZ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I have noticed the battery life drains quickly, too. I have to keep a USB cable handy at work to stay charged since my phone rings all the time. Maybe future software versions will provision battery consumption better.

I'm not sure how to get the email to show addresses instead of real names... but, there are several links in this forum for shortcut keys and tmobile's website has a list of shortcuts often used.

Check out this thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=19

You can't have your pop accounts "pushed" to the blackberry, as far as I know. My work-around was to have a copy of my email forwarded to my blackberry email address (since this pushed instantly to your handset). I'm not sure how to do that with a general ISP like earthlink or roadrunner - I have my own email server with my web hosting company and it gives the option to send a copy of all email sent to [email address] to an outside address while still forwarding it to the "nick" mailbox. That way I can get the email instantly on my handset but still check my email normally on my desktop if I need to. Just a suggestion. There may be 3rd party apps that allow you to set a reconcile time interval but I'm not aware of them....

Nick

"If we do not find anything very pleasant, at least we shall find something new." - Voltaire
Old 01-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #4
StevenT
Thumbs Must Hurt

I noticed a significant increase in battery life on my 7100t when I turned down the screen brightness to about 50%. Just a suggestion.
Steve
Old 01-03-2005, 06:17 AM   #5
JGM

Steve/Nick:

Thanks for the feedback!
I brought the Brightness down to 21 and the Timeout down to 10 seconds and it increased the battery life expedientially.

I hope 4.0 addresses many of these issues and shortcomings. Thanks

--JGM
Old 01-28-2005, 06:13 PM   #6
diverse
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: tm

what about turning off the signal (green) flashing light?

I would like to try screen with no backlight to get the huge battery time on the 72XX series.

Got mine down to 0 and 10 seconds and Service Light OFF
Closed Thread