Old 07-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
shadow_scoob

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Unhappy Blackberry 8800 Operating System Issue

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

I recently joined the BB world and took delivery of a Bold 9000. It is not set up for BES yet but that's another story. After a couple of months of use I got a App Error 200 message and tried every fix known to man without success. It has now returned to BB for repair.

A friend of mine gave me a BB 8800 and said see if you can use this while yours is away and keep it as a backup when yours returns.

I assumed that I would be able to wipe the operating system and install a clean one. The phone came with a password on it and I was told the password. I selected the wipe option in security and it seemed to wipe everything and leave me with a clean system, however, it appears to be a clean BES system that is bespoke for the company that the guy worked for. I was hoping to wipe and install a clean non BES environment so that I could use my O2 sim and carry on as I did with my Bold.

In the wipe process I created a new password and this is now giving me a problem. I don't believe that I am remembering it incorrectly but it does not seem to be accepted. I don't mind if it wipes everything as I have nothing there to wipe anyway. However, what I would like is some advice on how to wipe the phone and to install a standard O2 operating system like the one that my Bold came with.

I am sure that my Bold will be back repaired before I get this completed but it will make a good backup phone for the next time my Bold dies!!

Can anybody point me in the right direction.

many thanks

Steve
Old 07-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Check the sticky at the top of the 8800 Forum for the latest 88xx OS and instructions. Probably going to see OS 4.5, not 4.6 or 4.7 that is on the 9000. The OS is device specific.

10 erroneous inputs of the password will force a wipe.

Sounds like there is still an IT Policy on the device. Check the FAQ for wipe using Jl_Cmdr and how to remove an IT Policy.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
jjmach
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

where are you having issues with the password? at the blackberry or your computer trying to connect with Desktop Manager? I've seen a lot of times when people think their password is 1234 but it really is wers because they didn't pressed the alt key to use numbers.
Also to get rid of the IT policy, upgrade the software to 4.5.x.x and then use JL_Cmdr to reset it to factory settings
Regards
Closed Thread