Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
mazzer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500
Carrier: o2
Default Storm owners be proud

Please Login to Remove!

you know i a little sick of friends/colleagues forever brandishing their bolds & curves at me as if i was jealous- truth is i have had blackberrys for years & despite the early teething problems, the new software is actually very good & had it been there at launch the story would have been different, but i did have a very frustrating exerience with my friends BB curve, i found it awful- nowhere near the flexibility of the storm, the interface felt like it was plucked from 1990's - and i never thought i would develop a dislike for the groundbreaking trackball, sorry all you 'other' blackberry users, the storm brigade own premium phones with a markedly superior user experience not just within the blackberry community but across most handset grades, and i might add - you know it too- and no WE DONT SECRETLY WANT IPHONES.....
thanks
Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

x2
Old 10-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
jbairdjr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550

Right you are!
I love my Storm - so much so that I'll probably wait a while until upgrading to the Storm2.
I'm a proud Storm owner and recommend it to my friends (3 have bought it)
Old 10-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
the maddman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: 3312e4fc

I just turned down a Tour at work after going back to the trackball for an hour. I think my boss is going to let me get a Storm2 to start testing out WiFi instead.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:28 AM   #5
plumcrazy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

had the storm, couldn't take the horrible typing, went tour, had 3 phones before getting the trackball issue right. its a solid device but i cant wait for the storm 2....

the storm was perfect to me except the typing. if the storm2 is half as good as i think it is, i'll be happy.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 AM   #6
NovaM

Model: 9530
PIN: 30EC2A70
Carrier: Telus Mobility

I adore my Storm... I WILL be buying a Storm2 outright on launch day however... The software keeps getting better and better, but the hardware is at its limits... Plus, the longest run I've had between warrenty replacements is 8 weeks...

I've had my Storm for 7 months, and I've had 8 replacements... Mostly due to the screen not responding to clicks... It's never abused, sits on my desk when it's not being used never had a scratch on the screens, or been dropped, just keeps failing...

I still adore it, but I want 4 touch sensors.... and MOST importantly 256mb RAM... WTF were they thinking putting 128 on a phone like this?! LoL
Old 10-19-2009, 04:11 AM   #7
fully

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

Have a storm and love it
Worst problem for me is when I use other peoples blackberries I try pushing the screen in to run an app!!!
Like you all the software just keeps getting better and better
Old 10-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #8
doe4040
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8707v
PIN: 2503A700
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Kudos to you! Fight the power and all that. I too love my Storm. There are occasions when i long for a solid keyboard when typing out a long email, but in terms of user interface, especially with the latest OS version which makes the GUI ten times more fluent than previous iterations, the Storm kicks the iPhones behind!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 AM   #9
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

The Storm integrated the touch screen experience into the Blackberry milieu. Not without its quirks, the Storm is edging forward towards stablility / reliability inches at a time. I am hoping for a vast improvement in keyboard stability and responsiveness in the second gen Storm.

With regard to the Storm vs iPhone war, I would hesitate the call the Storm an "iPhone Killer".

The Storm wins as a business tool, an MMS sending device, and with its push email capabilities. Additionally, Verizon service is worlds ahead of AT&T. The substandard cellular service provided by AT&T alone is a deal breaker for me.

As a MAC user, if Verizon had brought the iPhone into the family I probably would have purchased one. But after the Curve and now the Storm and I a hardcore Blackberry fan. It will be a tough choice to make if the iPhone comes over to Verizon.

In my business push email and connectivity are vital. However in all other categories you have to give the nod to the iPhone. It simply is a wonderful device and its touch screen operations are far more stable and fluid than that of the Storm.

Let's hope for vast improvements in the second Gen Storm because so far I am still loving the Blackberry experience.

Verizon 9530
Old 10-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
image7801

I have had my Storm since June, and have had no trouble with it (even after dropping it into the dogs' water dish). I am on .151 now, after starting with .075 (or whatever it was), then upgrading to Verizon's last official ver, .148. The phone is stable, reliable and I haven't had to do a battery pull in at least a week! I have tweaked the settings on the screen to give the best response to swiping and keyboard typing. It keeps up with me now (although the onboard dictionary can be a little frustrating at times). However, in playing with free apps, there are some that I would stay away from (I'll post a different thread outlining the good ones and bad ones).

After playing with a couple of BB Curves (or were they Bolds? - I'm not sure of the difference), I couldn't wait to use my Storm again. I HATE that trackball thing, different icons and the small screens. Go Storm!

BlackBerry 9530 Storm
Old 10-20-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
brianstenerson

Model: 9500
Carrier: verizon
Thumbs up RIM Update Page for 9530

a quick google search will result in connections to Blackberry's RIM website. From there, find links that will take you to the Storm 2 9530 SmartPhone Updates page
Old 10-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #12
pcerio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW

I love my Storm. I had my Curve out recently to sell, and after playing with it for a while, I realized there is no going back to the trackball and OS4.5. And I have absolutely ZERO interest in the iphone.