Please Login to Remove!

Old 11-09-2004, 06:48 PM   #2
dickies
Thumbs Must Hurt

Old 01-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #3
davidpitkin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default MyBlueBerry [Thread open]

These guys rock, while I continue to have problems with Cingular for ten dollars a month I tried a myBlueBerry account for MDS. They just upgraded to 4.0 and over the air activation just worked, first time like a charm!

I did not have a Non-XP SP2 machine to do my activation on and my friend has a mac so our options were slim until today!

Kudos and thanks to myBlueBerry or CityNet now and their support!

Now if only Cingular was even one percent as good as these guys...[/url]
Old 01-10-2005, 01:34 AM   #4
Tom
Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers

Please Keep this one on track Guys.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:51 AM   #5
WorldIRC
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I'm glad that they can offer such service for a good price! Reminds me of Fido vs the big guys...
Old 01-10-2005, 01:12 PM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

And T-Mobile charging $19.99 for BWC access when Nextel and Verizon charge over $40.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:34 PM   #7
Tom
Admin & Founder

Well, Simply, it would be rather nice if nobody stated the "too good to be true" factor, without any evidance that may indicate it.

I will start believing what others have to say, once anything is actually proven.

Until then, I am glad to see a company such as this providing service at these prices.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #8
Lucky Luciano
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

I just signed up for MyBlueBerry the other day for their BES/MDS services because I am now pretty confident that t-mobile is never going to open their tcp/ip ports. So far I have been nothing but impressed with their service, I had a slight problem when originally setting it up, but their support helped me within two minutes of submitting my request and everything was good to go in no time. So far the service has been very reliable too. I hope they keep up the good work.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #9
Tom
Admin & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano
I just signed up for MyBlueBerry the other day for their BES/MDS services because I am now pretty confident that t-mobile is never going to open their tcp/ip ports. So far I have been nothing but impressed with their service, I had a slight problem when originally setting it up, but their support helped me within two minutes of submitting my request and everything was good to go in no time. So far the service has been very reliable too. I hope they keep up the good work.
Good to hear!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:21 PM   #10
beaux
No longer Registered.

Model: yes
Carrier: yes

I've been a customer of myblackberry.us for about 6 months. Jamie has provided customer support above and beyond my expectations. Each time that I have had a self-inflicted problem with my device he has responded, by email or msn messenger, in literally seconds. He is helpful and patient. I can't imagine why anyone in want or need of these kind of services (notably wireless sync of your email, calendar and address book with MS Outlook) wouldn't spend $10/month and sign-up with myblackberry.us. I think the allegations that I read in previous posts were unfounded and unfair. I recommend this service to everyone.

Beaux
Old 01-10-2005, 07:28 PM   #11
jpg71

I had two accounts with MyBlueBerry (one for me, one for the Mrs.) for a month. I used their technical support a few times, each time getting a prompt response and at one point (changing the display name on their Exchange Server) having MyBlueBerry remote control into my machine to verify settings. Settings were fine, problem went away by just creating a new Exchange account.

Service was excellent, the product was exactly as advertised, and I would still be a paying customer if I could really justify the additional cost. Unfortunately, I don't really need a BES service as my provider (AT&T) allows TCP/IP programs to work and even at the additional data rate associated with that TCP/IP access, I don't use up enough to break-even.

As for having my own Domain name for e-mail, I do that on my own mail server and just redirected it to the myblueberry address, and in my current state, to the BWC address. Other BES providers will host the domain for you, but I really didn't need that as I already had hosting for it.

$10 a month for this service did seem awfully low, and I don't know how long they'd be able to keep it at that level. But for the time that I used them, I was very happy with it and would recommend them to anyone in a second. The only caveat I'd throw out there is "be prepared to move your service quickly or be prepared to pay more" if they do, indeed, find out that they are unable to keep a product going at its current price.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:55 PM   #12
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
And T-Mobile charging $19.99 for BWC access when Nextel and Verizon charge over $40.
Man, is their any way to get Rogers Wireless to jump on that bandwagon?
Old 01-11-2005, 02:29 AM   #13
WorldIRC
CrackBerry Addict

Finch, read your signature ;)
Old 01-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #14
tex

I echo the amazing customer service of myblackberry. Although I haven't signed up yet bc I don't have outlook 2003, I intend to as soon as I get that software. He has been patient with all of my questions, and has been incredibly swift in answering. Would that all service industries be as wonderful as myblackberry.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:27 PM   #15
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldIRC
Finch, read your signature ;)
Good call!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:40 AM   #16
BassKozz

Model: 8703e
Carrier: VZW
Default Channel-On-Demand

Can someone comment on the "Channel-On-Demand" service that myblueberry provides...
Quote:
Channel-On-Demand:
MyBlueBerry's greatest feature is our ability to provide multi-channel internet access to your wireless device. Other providers only support a single data channel to your device at a max speed of about 19k-57k per second, this includes most phone service carriers.

MyBlueBerry allows channel-on-demand for those speed intensive internet applications and browsing which require more bandwidth. Channel-On-Demand currently allows multiple channels at approx 128k-150k per second giving you a broadband link to the internet from your wireless device.

MyBlueBerry is currently the only provider which allows this service mainly because we don't need to supply internet to thousands of customers, thus drastically slowing down your internet performance. Our low-overhead allows us to provide you the fastest internet and email service currently available in the world.
Is it truly faster ? How can this work...
Can someone comment that uses myblueberry as to the speed of the internet connection, preferable someone who has also been amember of another service that was capped at 57k (Mailstreet, MobileWeb4u, etc...)
Old 01-13-2005, 03:43 AM   #17
WorldIRC
CrackBerry Addict

Your blackberry is limited to the speed of your providers connection. IF it's EDGE, then EDGE speeds you get, if GPRS, then gprs speeds.. etc..... Remember, all berry data you receive still goes through your provider. No matter how fast MyBB can feed to your provider, your still limited to the speed your provider can feed to you
Old 01-13-2005, 03:55 AM   #18
BassKozz

My provider is Verizon Wireless...

Can you tell me if I will benefit from this at all (now knowing I use Verizon) ?

Right now using my current BES/MDS provider I get approx 57k. I ran a speed test using CNET's bandwidth meter on my berry.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:27 PM   #19
WorldIRC
CrackBerry Addict

That is as fast as 1x runs right now. It can run faster but providers haven't found a way to do it...so no, you won't benefit from the speed. Like I said, they simply feed the info to Verizon quicker...verizon is still limited to 57k to feed your berry the info
Old 01-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #20
BassKozz

That really sucks :(

ohh well, I'll use my berry strickly for Mail only (no browsing for me )

Thanks WorldIRC
-BassKozz
Closed Thread