seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint
Default Seidio premium screen protector for Blackberry 8100

Please Login to Remove!

Seidio just released the premium screen protector for Blackberry 8100

ULTIMATE SCREEN GUARD - SPM1BB7100I

Last edited by seidioseidio; 10-17-2006 at 01:41 PM..
Old 09-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just tried to order online- was referred to "contact us", which I did...I also noticed that under "In Stock", there was an "N", which I assume means "no". Any idea when I can order one of these online?

Thanks!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:05 PM   #3
ozziegn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

forget the screen protector. I wanna know when you guys are gonna have the silicone skins for the 8100. I had one on my 8700c and it was worth its weight in gold. now I am in need of the same thing for my 8100.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub33
Just tried to order online- was referred to "contact us", which I did...I also noticed that under "In Stock", there was an "N", which I assume means "no". Any idea when I can order one of these online?

Thanks!
sorry,

It has been fixed. Please try again.

ULTIMATE SCREEN GUARD - SPM1BB7100I

Seidio

Last edited by seidioseidio; 09-22-2006 at 09:49 PM..
Old 09-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
kasperapd

Model: 9700

Just received the two screen protectors I ordered, and I must say that I am disappointed with them. Instead of making one specifically for the 8100, you simply used the 7100i screen protector. While it is similar in size, it does not fit well on the 8100. If you follow the included directions for installation (i.e. - start from the top of the screen), the screen protector will go right over the track ball when you get to the bottom of the screen. If you start installing it from the bottom of the screen so it won't cover the trackball, then you end up having the top edge of the screen protector going through the middle of the BlackBerry logo. That needs to be trimmed down also, so it will fit just underneath. The protector looks like it would do its job, but in my opinion, it just does not look good on the device until modifications are made.

Please try a Search
Old 09-29-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
Just received the two screen protectors I ordered, and I must say that I am disappointed with them. Instead of making one specifically for the 8100, you simply used the 7100i screen protector. While it is similar in size, it does not fit well on the 8100. If you follow the included directions for installation (i.e. - start from the top of the screen), the screen protector will go right over the track ball when you get to the bottom of the screen. If you start installing it from the bottom of the screen so it won't cover the trackball, then you end up having the top edge of the screen protector going through the middle of the BlackBerry logo. That needs to be trimmed down also, so it will fit just underneath. The protector looks like it would do its job, but in my opinion, it just does not look good on the device until modifications are made.
Hi kasperapd,

I just took a look at one of our screen protectors on an 8100 and it fit perfectly. The problem was that the installation instructions we sent out were not correct. With the 8100, you have to start installing it from the bottom of the screen on up. It is removable, and you should be able to reapply it. Please let me know if this works out for you. I apologize for the inconvenience.

David
[email address]
Old 09-29-2006, 08:37 PM   #7
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Hi kasperapd,

I just took a look at one of our screen protectors on an 8100 and it fit perfectly. The problem was that the installation instructions we sent out were not correct. With the 8100, you have to start installing it from the bottom of the screen on up. It is removable, and you should be able to reapply it. Please let me know if this works out for you. I apologize for the inconvenience.

David
[email address]

David-just ordered mine this morning. I'll let you know if I have any installation issues.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #8
kasperapd

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Hi kasperapd,

David
[email address]
I did figure out that you have to install from the bottom up, but the problem is that the top of the screen protector goes right through the middle of the BlackBerry logo, and as I said above, it would look better if you made a specific version for the 8100, and trimmed about 2mm off the top. It could also use a trim of about 1mm on each side. It is such a tight fit that it is hard to get all the bubbles out, and make it look like it is sticking on the sides.

Please try a Search
Old 10-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #9
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

David, just wanted to let you know, I got my Ultimate Screen Protector yesterday-fits great and works like a champ.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #10
secrecyguy

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziegn
forget the screen protector. I wanna know when you guys are gonna have the silicone skins for the 8100. I had one on my 8700c and it was worth its weight in gold. now I am in need of the same thing for my 8100.
In two to three weeks.

I am still waiting.

I may end up getting the Blackberry version if they don't delay it again.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:12 AM   #11
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

I ordered mine from screenguardz.com
Old 10-17-2006, 04:26 AM   #12
thepoutypanda

Location: New Orleans and New York City (Two weeks a month in each city!)
Carrier: Tmobile

*sigh* My Pearl already has three scratches on it thanks to an unfortunate incident of letting my over zealous colleague play with it (dropped it on the cement floor -_-). Does anyone know of any face plates that are available? Should I just get a screen protector and leave it as is?

TIA!
Old 10-17-2006, 04:32 AM   #13
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoutypanda
*sigh* My Pearl already has three scratches on it thanks to an unfortunate incident of letting my over zealous colleague play with it (dropped it on the cement floor -_-). Does anyone know of any face plates that are available? Should I just get a screen protector and leave it as is?

TIA!
Or you could make your colleague pay for a new Pearl.

~MrKyoo
Old 10-17-2006, 04:32 AM   #14
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

^^Ouch. I was thinking maybe since it's under warranty to call T-Mobile, say the trackball isn't working, have them send another Pearl and there! No scratches! (at least I hope).

Or I was going to say what MrKyoo already said, make your colleague for for a new Pearl and give him your Pearl.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #15
thepoutypanda

I WISH I could make my colleague pay for the Pearl. My company is so tight right now (we're going through Chapter 11 -_-) that I had to fork over the money for my Pearl, but they pick up the monthly statements. My colleagues are pretty tight, too, but I don't blame them because they've got kids and a mortgage and all I have is a mortgage and a dog!

As for the broken trackball thing... the Pearl comes with a standard 1 year deal warranty, right? If I send it back, will they send me a new one immediately while they try to fix it or will they try to fix it and then send me back my own phone?

I suppose I could tell them that the trackball is iffy (works sometimes, other times, not), but I want to make sure they'd give me a new one.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:18 PM   #16
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

I think they send you a refurbished 8100 with a prepaid return box.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #17
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Just ordered a full body protector from bestskinsever.com for only $9 shipped. Is it the same as the shieldzone full body protector? ($25 not shipped)
Old 10-18-2006, 06:14 PM   #18
thepoutypanda

Spoke to T-Mo and they won't send me a new phone using my sad excuse. I told them that the phone keeps doing a soft reset and the trackball is bipolar and doesn't always want to work, or it'll be hyperactive.

They sent me to an outsource person (because he had the worst accent and we had the worst connection EVER!) and he is convinced it's my software. Had to walk through the whole reset and I told him it just reset itself again and he said, "SORRY, we cannot exchange it because it's a problem with the software and not the hardware. Please call again." WTF... When he asked me if I had any more questions, he said he couldn't answer it and that would complete the call. -_-

I guess no new phone for me
Old 10-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #19
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

I just purchased the full body shield from shield zone. Their videos won me over. Not sure what to do with the one I bought from bestskinsever...
Old 10-18-2006, 06:49 PM   #20
notabun

Quote:
Originally Posted by phungy
I just purchased the full body shield from shield zone. Their videos won me over. Not sure what to do with the one I bought from bestskinsever...
Those videos are cool but I want to see the "dropped on cement test". I have a feeling it wont guard against that very common accident. BTW, I'm not talking about guarding against internal damage, just physical damage to the casing.

Last edited by notabun; 10-18-2006 at 07:02 PM..
Closed Thread