Old 10-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #1
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer

Model: 9700
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011
Carrier: AT&T
Question After O2 update, ABC stays on

Please Login to Remove!

I installed the O2 update and now if receive a call or go to the browser, the ABC icon shows up and stays on in the upper right corner. I have to open a new SMS message and then cancel it to make it go away. But, the minute I receive another call it comes back. Any Ideas???
Old 10-20-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
weegee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm
I installed the O2 update and now if receive a call or go to the browser, the ABC icon shows up and stays on in the upper right corner. I have to open a new SMS message and then cancel it to make it go away. But, the minute I receive another call it comes back. Any Ideas???
This happened to me too when I first updated, after I pulled the battery though it went away. I'm not saying that will work, just haven't seen it come up again.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
untjoker
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm
That happened to me, but as soon as I went to another icon, browser for instance, it went away and has not come on since.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #4
timpossible

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

The same thing has happened to me and I have NOT performed an upgrade. Not only was ABC staying on, but I could not open any of my email messages. I powered-down, then back up, and it was still showing. After powering-down and pulling out the battery for about a minute, it finally went away and I was able to read my messages again. Sounds like a bug someplace.
Closed Thread