BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #1
VA-RRS

Model: 8100
Default Caller ID help

Please Login to Remove!

When a caller calls that is in my address book only their number is displayed and not their name. How do I change the settings so that I can see their name?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:07 AM   #2
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Do you have their full number, including the area code? If so there is no setting, you should see their name if in your phonebook.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #3
tonejarvis

Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi, are you in the UK? I get the same thing.

For example if I have a person with with the number starting 07796 in my adress book then it works OK and their name comes up when they call. However when I receive a text from them I get the number only starting +44. This only started when I moved from a 7100 to a 8100.

Very strange.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:16 AM   #4
VA-RRS

Yes I'm in the UK. I have their full number but not the + international code. I too have migrated from the 7100 which worked perfectly. Please help as this is really annoying.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:26 AM   #5
VA-RRS

Looking into this a little more carefully I have a feling this might have something to do with the pocketmac Sync manager. All the contacts from my macaddress book fail to show the callers name where as all the callers that have been manually entered into my phone are fine. Any suggestions?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Using the "search" feature found at the top of every page, I located several threads dealing with this exact issue. Here is the resolution from one of the threads:

"Press the green call button. Then menu/options/smart dialing. Make sure your country code is +44."
Old 12-06-2006, 08:01 AM   #7
lonnielove
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmobile

NJ i thought we wernt suppose to tell people to do a search i saw that some where on the forum rules. you know when you do that you offend them in some sort of way, is that how we treat newbies.you were a newbie at some time ago
.New Forum Rules. Please Read!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTENTION MEMBERS:

In order to provide a more friendly atmosphere and learning environment, we would appreciate you compliance with the following rules:

1. Please refrain from directing members to SEARCH. The job of the Moderation Team is to ensure that members receive the proper, friendly guidance that they need to maximize their learning experience.

Too often the Moderation Team is seeing a rise in the number of rude remarks in replys to new members posts. It is important to remember that everyone has a different knowledge of forums and that not everyone knows it is proper ettiquette to search before asking.

2. Please keep all posts professional and polite. Remember that this is a public forum and that we want all members to feel welcome. Keep in mind that one of the easiest ways to avoid an argument is to just ignore rude or spiteful comments.

We are all here to learn and that name calling, rude or personal attacks against other members will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances.

3. If you have an issue with another member or witness another member leaving a post that contradicts the prior rule, please report post and a Moderator will investigate the situation.

Please keep in mind that these rules need to be followed. Failure to comply could result in a ban from posting for a number of days at the Moderation Teams discretion.

Thanks
BlackberryForums Moderation Team

Last edited by lonnielove; 12-06-2006 at 08:06 AM..
Old 12-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #8
tomryan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

If you see this happening when the phone is locked, you will need to turn off content protection in the security options.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:15 AM   #9
voda_black
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
"Press the green call button. Then menu/options/smart dialing. Make sure your country code is +44."
Make sure that +44 is selected and also that the National Number Length is at 10. Should work after that. You may have to do a soft reset (I have had to do it on one of the Pearls - the rest worked straight away.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:21 AM   #10
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Lonnielove - it is perfectly acceptable to suggest people to search SINCE I GAVE THEM THE ANSWER.

If I gave them the incorrect answer, then you can feel free to comment.

Otherwise, you added nothing to the thread.

And I will continue to suggest that people post - and give them the answers.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:05 AM   #11
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Moderators are allowed to instruct members to search. It is our job. We dont however, want other members to do so.

Thanks for reading the forum rules though.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:42 AM   #12
lonnielove
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmobile

I feel ganged up on now is that part of the rules as well, i forgot yall are moderators so i guess yall will defend each other, to bad yall didnt stick up for san fran when other members were bashing him to. and when yall finaly did say somthing about it, it was to late, he doesnt even post anymore.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:50 AM   #13
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Do you have a problem with either of us??? First of all, you failed to realize that we are doing our job. Secondly you failed to realize that NJBlackberry provided an answer, he did not suggest that the member search. He said, "Using the search feature I found the...."

Next time you decide to flame someone get your facts straight. As for sticking together, thats BS. We are not paid to do our jobs. We stick up for other members. Thats why the forum rules were created. Yes, a little late, but they were created because of that reason anyways. If you have a problem with anything that I or NJ have said here, please.....feel free and I mean truly feel free to take it up with me in a PM.

This thread is closed.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:04 PM   #14
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnielove
and when yall finaly did say somthing about it, it was to late, he doesnt even post anymore.
umm, he's had 7 posts today, 18 since December 1, and 26 in the last week.

...we are here to enforce rules and help out with the forum and member issues. Our members are here to abide by these rules, and from time to time, help point on offending members, along with day-to-day forum activities and banter. If a moderator let's another poster know that they searched for their question and came up with the answer, that is FAR from telling them to search for an answer. We do not have rules against the mentioning of the word 'search' in any posts, moderators or users alike.