Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
bhixon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Default status led light

Please Login to Remove!

That little led that blinks on top of the unit.....Should it blink red with a new message indefinately? I walk up to the unit, after a message has been received ( i was away from it ) and the light is still green. I guess what I'm getting at is this. Does the light blink red for only a certain number of times and then return to green?

Also-

I manually added some address the other day and the unit tacked them to the end of the list, out of alphabetical order. I re-booted, synced, changed sort prefs, nothing changed. Any thoughts??

Bo
Old 01-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Yes, it only blinks red for a little while...I don't know exactly what the time is but it's not all that long.

I saw your post about the out of alphabetical order thing....not sure. Check the fields that you have entered your first and last names in. I know when I first transferred my address book to BB from another phone it put all the first and last names in the first name field, with a comma. Make sure everything is entered correctly in all of your fields.

Last edited by John Clark; 01-05-2007 at 05:27 PM..
Old 01-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
Steve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 8100 Pearl: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I'll add that you don't have to have the green light on at all. It is just an LED coverage indicator.

Since you already have signal strength bars on the home screen, you can disable that particular LED setting.

Options > screen/keyboard > LED Coverage Indicator > Off.

Steve
Old 01-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
prerogative

Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhixon
That little led that blinks on top of the unit.....Should it blink red with a new message indefinately? I walk up to the unit, after a message has been received ( i was away from it ) and the light is still green. I guess what I'm getting at is this. Does the light blink red for only a certain number of times and then return to green? . . .
Set your profile to turn LED on (Repeat Notification, LED Flashing) - it will remain red upon new message until you read a previously unread message (on BB or lap/desktop if using BES). Regards
Old 01-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
Airmark1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT uhhhh Cingular uhhh I mean ATT

Or you can download Blackberry Alerts from Handango (or whereever you want) for around 10 dollars. Then you can make that LED go grazy. You can make it turn different colors for Email, Voicemail, PINs, SMSs, etc...and BLINK away until the world comes to an end..or at least your battery dies.

It even allows you to make it blink Blue, Red, Green, Purple, White, and Cyan.

I use it an love it.

?was it a cat i saw?
Old 01-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
bhixon
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon

Did a soft reset, solved to listing issue.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #7
mymitsu3kgt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9780
PIN: 236676A8
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerogative
Set your profile to turn LED on (Repeat Notification, LED Flashing) - it will remain red upon new message until you read a previously unread message (on BB or lap/desktop if using BES). Regards
Even with LED Flashing turned on, it still stops flashing red after ten minutes. Third party software is the only way you might keep it flashing longer.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
prerogative

Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymitsu3kgt
Even with LED Flashing turned on, it still stops flashing red after ten minutes. Third party software is the only way you might keep it flashing longer.
Damn - I didn't know that. I wake up in the morning, look for red light, and always had new e-mail pending. I do however get a lot of e-mail early in morning from overseas, which would mask my [mistaken] thoughts . . .

In any case, BB Alerts seems to be a no-brainer, and is on the list for install this week. Thanks all.
Closed Thread