Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:34 AM   #1
dhendricks
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile
Default Curve vs iPhone : size comparison

Please Login to Remove!

I took a shot of the two next to each other so Curve owners could see it. I personally feel like returning the iPhone right now after using the curve for 2 weeks.. just so much functionality missing.

check out my photo of the two here: Apple iPhone vs BlackBerry Curve 8300: Size Comparison on Flickr
Old 06-30-2007, 02:08 AM   #2
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Talking

You're disappointed because, contrary to popular belief, the iPhone is NOT a BlackBerry killer! It's aimed squarely at the MASS market, i.e. the "average" consumer! But in that regard, it's probably not even a Sidekick killer!

But what I can tell you is that there are DEFINITELY several iPhone killers! Here's some pictures of my favorites!

And let's not forget T-Mobile's ULTIMATE iPhone Killer... Da Brick!

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(
Old 06-30-2007, 02:09 AM   #3
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

lol that's hilarious!!
Old 06-30-2007, 03:54 AM   #4
secrecyguy

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
You're disappointed because, contrary to popular belief, the iPhone is NOT a BlackBerry killer! It's aimed squarely at the MASS market, i.e. the "average" consumer! But in that regard, it's probably not even a Sidekick killer!

But what I can tell you is that there are DEFINITELY several iPhone killers! Here's some pictures of my favorites!

http://z.about.com/d/homerepair/1/0/s/-/-/-/hammer.jpg

http://www.austell.org/pw/images/wat...edyeinbowl.jpg

And let's not forget T-Mobile's ULTIMATE iPhone Killer... Da Brick!

http://i15.tinypic.com/61j761t.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...lies/devil.gif
Any smart phone is better than the Sidekick! Sidekick is JUNK!
Old 06-30-2007, 03:56 AM   #5
secrecyguy

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendricks View Post
I took a shot of the two next to each other so Curve owners could see it. I personally feel like returning the iPhone right now after using the curve for 2 weeks.. just so much functionality missing.

check out my photo of the two here: Apple iPhone vs BlackBerry Curve 8300: Size Comparison on Flickr
That's it?!?! Only one picture?!?!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
vandal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrecyguy View Post
Any smart phone is better than the Sidekick! Sidekick is JUNK!
i shamefully admit, i use to own a sidekick.

and you are right, anything is better than the sidekick, however the aol aim program has still yet to be beaten.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
cellunlocknet
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: 207B1B55
Carrier: Rogers

Nothing compares to a Blackberry!
Old 06-30-2007, 04:39 PM   #8
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Got the iphone last night, all I have to say is NOT WORTHY OF THE HYPE!
In the box and ready to go back to Apple! Can't even hold a candle to the BB.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #9
cmcleod

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT/Cingular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Sean, can you elaborate?
Old 06-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #10
BB8100user
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8520

I have the Pearl, and I have to say I love the curve, because of the full keyboard and wider screen. However the compactness of the Pearl is awesome, so I'm sticking with the Pearl.

I played with the Curve and the iPhone today, and I'm disappointed with the iPhone.

The main issue is the lack of a physical keyboard and lack of voice commands.

With the iPhone I have to use my finger tips / nails to tap keys accurately, whereas with the BB I can learn how to type accurately by feel. The lack of tactile feedback means a lot of mistakes, and Apple's automatic spelling correction is a joke compared to Suretype on my Pearl.

So combine that with a lack of voice command means you MUST focus on the iPhone when you're texting, dialing, or emailing, and can't use voice commands to perform any functions. I use voice command a lot when I'm driving to automatically dial, and I can quickly text with the Pearl's keyboard. With the iPhone I have to hunt and peck like a new computer typist who has never taken a typing lesson before. And that will never improve because you can't train your muscles to type more accurately because of the lack of tactile feedback.

So the iPhone is a disappointment in ease of use and livability...
Old 07-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #11
kenhawk

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

I became sold on the iPhone by Apple's fantastic marketing machine. Bought one, discovered how MUCH functionality is missing from it, and then promptly returned it to Apple. It fails to handle e-mail well, will not synchronize with Outlook memo pad or tasks and gets hung up between the SMTP settings which have to be input differently between WIFI vs. Edge connectivity.

When compared to the 8300, the iPhone is not a good value at all, IMO.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
silks

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

I totally agree. I was in the market for a smartphone/PDA, and was waiting for the first iPhone reviews to come in before I made any sort of decision (my old phone was a garbage Motorola flip, so I've been itching to upgrade for a long time). Once I realized all of the stuff that the iPhone couldn't do, there was no way I could justify the expense. I already have a 4GB iPod Nano and I don't need another one, especially one with mediocre email support, a weird non-tactile keyboard, and a super-high price tag despite a lack of 3G support.

After seeing only glowing reviews of the Curve, I switched over to Cingular and bought one for 1/3 the price of the iPhone. It should arrive in the mail tomorrow and I am STOKED.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #13
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT

the iPhone is junk... nothing beats a bb with a keypad... trying to type on the iphone was a nightmare when i was testing it at the store and i can't possibly imagine anyone who does heavy emails/sms willing to keep it... for the price its not worth it... lets not forget its also not 3G's and you have to love their deceiving commercial when the guy clicks the youtube video and it play right away as if thats possible on Edge
Old 07-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

This is a Blackberry forum. You can't compare an Iphone to a blackberry. The Blackberry does what it does best and is still the best email/messaging device period. I did buy the Iphone and am blown away by it. The browser is great. Ipod functions are great. HTML email is sweet but of coarse it is not BB. Movies/photos look incredible on it. I love my curve but after using my Iphone it is like going back to a 1980s calculator but again as a business tool the Blackberry blows the Iphone away.

The nice thing about the Iphone is it is %90 percent software so Apple can fix any bugs and add features people want. I find the EDGE to be very usable due to the increase speed in ATT's EDGE network but WI-FI rocks

I will always be a Blackberry advocate and use a Blackberry. For now I will use my Iphone as my main phone/gadget for fun and use my Blackberry for work email etc. Its time to have a little fun and enjoy 1 of the coolest eletronic gadgets ever.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #15
The Sage

Model: 8900
PIN: BIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz View Post
the iPhone is junk... nothing beats a bb with a keypad... trying to type on the iphone was a nightmare when i was testing it at the store and i can't possibly imagine anyone who does heavy emails/sms willing to keep it... for the price its not worth it... lets not forget its also not 3G's and you have to love their deceiving commercial when the guy clicks the youtube video and it play right away as if thats possible on Edge
Ditto
Old 07-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #16
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

I agree with some of the posts from everyone. I'm a diehard BB guy. Convinced the partners in my company to get a BB server and we're moving everyone over to it. Now I just need to get them away from their "beloved" Treos. Oh yes...they will get blackberries...

However, I LOVE my iphone. Stood in line to get one (yes, I didn't have to as they had them in stock all weekend). Well, actually had one of my employees stand in line for about half the time and then I showed up later. It was fun though. And, I think Apple did a great job at the store. The "hype" that the employees created that day was great. Granted, I am a mac fan.

Now before I get flamed for the previous paragraph... I will never get rid of my precious Curve! The iphone is fun and I'll use it on the weekend and occasionally at night during the week. Who knows, maybe a little more if they ever get Exchange ActiveStink to work on it. Still wouldn't give up my BB though!

It's no BB killer...no way but as a sick gadget freak, I don't think alot of the iphone hate is fair. If you're a true gadget freak, check it out or have someone show you theirs. You'll walk away thinking it's a pretty sweet device. I'm not saying you'll walk away thinking you could trade in your BB but you'll think it's slick and very cool.

As always...just my opinion...
Closed Thread