BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
qcbob

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vz
Default IPhone will make BB Internet browser better?

Please Login to Remove!

Just looking for a few opinions. Do you think RIM will now improve the Internet browser because of the new Iphone? It would be great if you could get a real browser on the BB that could access all web sites and login required sites.Today, I rarely use the BB browser because it is pretty bad.....

Thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

certainly can't make it much worse.

I think the iphone browser will force other manufacturers to not drag their feet about updating their own browsers.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
certainly can't make it much worse.

I think the iphone browser will force other manufacturers to not drag their feet about updating their own browsers.

true true. in order for the blackberry to have a better browser though, it'll need to be fitted with a better processor and more memory
Old 07-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
qcbob

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
true true. in order for the blackberry to have a better browser though, it'll need to be fitted with a better processor and more memory
a working browser will make life a lot easier and less expensive, today i am paying for extra applications on the BB that are easily viewed with a working Internet browser, obviously a working browser would eliminate many of RIMs application partners, i wonder if that would stop them from making any fast changes???
Old 07-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

everyone seems to think that the Iphone is going to revolutionize the cell phone market. I played with the iphone sat for about 4 hours and I didnt find it that great of a browser my BB is much faster.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

The apple Browser is 100% better then the blackberry browser. You have to be the only person i have ever heard say otherwise. The iphone has a real browser not a chopped up version.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 07-17-2007, 04:39 PM   #7
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

OMG the iPhone is TOTALLY COOL OMG!!!!!
YouTube - Conan - iPhone Commercial

The real deal:

Dawg is right...the iPhone's browser isn't all that great.
i hate people who act like they have the iPhone when they don't...and they go around making ridiculous claims like how awesome it is and how it's SOOO much better than the BB. get the facts straight and actually use them side by side, then come back to the forum and tell the community some honest answers
Old 07-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #8
test54
BlackBerry Master

i love the people who assume they know everyone's background and assume that their fanboy idiots when their not.
The desktop view in BB is a step in the right direction but from my use of 2 iphones the pages are quicker to zoom and move on the device.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #9
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn View Post
The apple Browser is 100% better then the blackberry browser. You have to be the only person i have ever heard say otherwise. The iphone has a real browser not a chopped up version.
then you arent listening I have seen it on multiple sites. And I didnt say it was bad I just said my bb is faster. I have to admit the iphone was a cool device but I didnt see 600 bucks worth of phone.

Last edited by Dawg; 07-17-2007 at 04:48 PM..
Old 07-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #10
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

I swear some people just say things to "hear" themselves talk. I have been to the apple store several times with my blackberry out and compared broswers. Im not talking about speed im talking about clear and clean presentation. The bb browser is faster because its not uploading all the information the apple browser is uploading. Oh well in 2 years all this will shake out. I had this same convo with Sidekick users about how the blackberry was a better device etc. Now everyone i know has switch..lmao\

Dawg you keep bringing up price the convo is about the browser. of course your bb browser is faster its not uploading as much information and the presentaion is cut down.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com

Last edited by teamcrn; 07-17-2007 at 04:50 PM..
Old 07-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #11
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
I swear some people just say things to "hear" themselves talk. I have been to the apple store several times with my blackberry out and compared broswers. Im not talking about speed im talking about clear and clean presentation. The bb browser is faster because its not uploading all the information the apple browser is uploading. Oh well in 2 years all this will shake out. I had this same convo with Sidekick users about how the blackberry was a better device etc. Now everyone i know has switch..lmao\

Dawg you keep bringing up price the convo is about the browser. of course your bb browser is faster its not uploading as much information and the presentaion is cut down.
i'm telling ya...the biggest thing to cripple devices right now (besides verizon lol), is EDGE. what a crappy service. i have both t-mobile and verizon and i must say EV-DO is sweeeet and heavenly compared with EDGE.

once the GSM carriers move to 3G, then we'll start seeing more and more features and SIGNIFICANT improvement upon current features.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #12
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:

you know I am trying to be civil hear and I am loosing my cool very quickly with you. Every post I make you bash me like I dont have anything good to say if you have an issue with me please please send me a pin and I can say whats on my mind with out blowing up here.

The discussion is about the browser and I gave my opinion just like you did. If you dont like what I have to say tough I have a right to speak same as you.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:46 PM   #13
david_uk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Vodafone

I just wish RIM would license Opera Mini so you can make it the default browser and open links directly from a message.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #14
test54
BlackBerry Master

my own opinion is i hate phone browsers in general, I agree with JGBerry that 3G GSM will hopefully change my opinion but my problems are how choppy everything is. Nothing is how you expect it and I use desktop view to try to solve that but it still sucks. My opinion of the iphone browser comes from use the two that we have in the office alot and i find although its not perfect, it does make thing look and act much more like i want.
Speed is about the same for my 8800 and iphone as far as basic pages, the bigger pages take longer on the iphone.

What i do not agree with is the view on these forums that people who disagree with them about BB are simply ignorant. I have spent significant time with BB and now over the last 3 weeks with 2 coworkers iphones and am not "making ridiculous claims like how awesome it is and how it's SOOO much better than the BB", however their are parts -browser being one where the iphone has a leg up on the BB in my opinion.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:11 PM   #15
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
everyone seems to think that the Iphone is going to revolutionize the cell phone market. I played with the iphone sat for about 4 hours and I didnt find it that great of a browser my BB is much faster.
I think you may be in the minority.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #16
fritter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
and a faster data plan from the cell provider. and right now the only one that can do this is at&t
Old 07-17-2007, 06:28 PM   #17
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritter View Post
and a faster data plan from the cell provider. and right now the only one that can do this is at&t

that was already addressed in the thread. EDGE obviously is not sufficient, and EV-DO is good and all, but it could be better too, but right now EV-DO trumps EDGE by FAR
Old 07-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #18
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I think you may be in the minority.
I think you are well...
Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #19
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
you know I am trying to be civil hear and I am loosing my cool very quickly with you. Every post I make you bash me like I dont have anything good to say if you have an issue with me please please send me a pin and I can say whats on my mind with out blowing up here.

The discussion is about the browser and I gave my opinion just like you did. If you dont like what I have to say tough I have a right to speak same as you.
We dont agree you hate the iphone because you love the blackberry i get it. The convo was about the browser and you brought price into the convo. I have no blind loyalty to any device i love my blackberry for email and its stability but the Iphone has a better browser expereince IMO. Dawg is not that big of a deal. its over forget it.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com

Last edited by teamcrn; 07-17-2007 at 06:48 PM..
Old 07-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #20
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
We dont agree you hate the iphone because you love the blackberry i get it. The convo was about the browser and you brought price into the convo. I have no blind loyalty to any device i love my blackberry for email and its stability but the Iphone has a better browser expereince IMO. Dawg is not that big of a deal. its over forget it.
cool Im good with that but I actually dont hate the iphone. I hate all the hype.
Closed Thread