Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
CarlosO
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Curve vs. Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

I went to see the AT&T Curve & I was not impressed as I thought I was going to be. The key pad is smaller than I expected. I wasn’t sure I could dial a number & I wouldn’t even begin to type a message. Do you think I would get over it just like I got over sure type? I want it more for the Wi Fi, better camera & stereo blue tooth. Plus my Pearl is getting kind of boring to me. Any 1 else feel this way? Oh another thing this is all hypothetical since I would want it for T-mobile
Old 08-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #2
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100c
PIN: 2406A5FB
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosO View Post
I went to see the AT&T Curve & I was not impressed as I thought I was going to be. The key pad is smaller than I expected. I wasn’t sure I could dial a number & I wouldn’t even begin to type a message. Do you think I would get over it just like I got over sure type? I want it more for the Wi Fi, better camera & stereo blue tooth. Plus my Pearl is getting kind of boring to me. Any 1 else feel this way? Oh another thing this is all hypothetical since I would want it for T-mobile
Ya, for some reason, to me anyway, the curve doesn't appeal to me as far as aesthetic goes. To me, it looks cheaply constructed. I am waiting for the new 8820 to hit AT&T. I think it just looks very good for a phone. It doesn't look cheaply constructed and has a very professional look.I don't need a camera anyway. When I go out with friends to a bar or club or whatever, the 2mp camera on any smartphone sucks because of the lighting .... I would much rather take my slim full camera.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:21 AM   #3
tprime
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Tmobile

I think it's cool...however not a must have.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:22 AM   #4
CarlosO
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile

the 8820 ds look better, but i do use my camera outside of the club. would you get the Pearl 2. i am going to have a hard time spending bread on another phone thats kind of the same
Old 08-06-2007, 03:23 AM   #5
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprime View Post
I think it's cool...however not a must have.
Ya ... to me, a camera on a cell phone is kind of pointless because of how crappy they all are. I often travel and want to be able to quickly find things around me, so GPS is far more useful.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:30 AM   #6
nuopus
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosO View Post
the 8820 ds look better, but i do use my camera outside of the club. would you get the Pearl 2. i am going to have a hard time spending bread on another phone thats kind of the same
Well, the GPS is looking very good to me right now because I travel from time to time and I would like to get out of my hotel and search for oh .... sushi or something and be taken to it.

I am very fast on SureType, so that isn't the issue for me. I just don't like the way the curve looks. There is something about it. The camera on the Pearl 2 is still crap. There is only one phone with a DECENT camera ... and that is the Nokia N95 with a 5mp camera and a full flash. For me, the only time I would use the camera is fun with friends ... but usually we are in dark places.

Last week some mentally deficient guy that drooled everywhere in a wheel chair actually climbed up into one of the cages and started to wiggle around. LMAO! If I didn't have my trusty Casio, there is absolutely no way I would have gotten that picture. So I just usually ignore the camera on these phones anyway. Thats just me though.
Closed Thread