BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
cdysthe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Forward and delete original text not possible?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

In the e-mail client on my 8800 I have an option to delete the original text when I reply to an e-mail, but when I forward I can't find that option. Let's say I want to forward an attachment to someone, but not the original e-mail text that came with it. In that situation I can not use reply since the attachment is stripped out when replying. I often have to forward contract drafts and do not want the internal legal comments in the e-mail to be included. I am not able to do that from my Blackberry since I can't save the attachments and re-attach them to another e-mail either (unless I purchase some software I guess).

Am I missing something here, or is it simply not possible to get the text out of a forwarded e-mail?

//C
Old 08-23-2007, 06:14 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

For what it's worth, I don't see a way to do it. Perhaps in future have sender also send second message with just the attachment for purpose of forwarding?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:01 AM   #3
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I don't remember being able to remove original text from a forwarding e-mail from my desktop. I make the comment because I assume the feature must begin there.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
hkozlovsky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

The only major weakness I see in using my blackberry everyday, is this issue. I cannot believe Blackberry has not given us an easy way to forward attachments from existing emails without also having to send the original text that accompanied it. Does any here that this will be in the product some day?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdysthe View Post
Hi,

In the e-mail client on my 8800 I have an option to delete the original text when I reply to an e-mail, but when I forward I can't find that option. Let's say I want to forward an attachment to someone, but not the original e-mail text that came with it. In that situation I can not use reply since the attachment is stripped out when replying. I often have to forward contract drafts and do not want the internal legal comments in the e-mail to be included. I am not able to do that from my Blackberry since I can't save the attachments and re-attach them to another e-mail either (unless I purchase some software I guess).

Am I missing something here, or is it simply not possible to get the text out of a forwarded e-mail?

//C
Old 09-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: AT&T

sorry, the idea behind Forwarding an email is for them to see it! with a reply they already know what they wrote.....Now you want to be able to only forward the attachment. thats a seperate story. you need the ability to save attachments.

did you try to use the reply feature, add the address of where you want to forward and then delete both the first field and original text?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #6
hkozlovsky
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

Thanks. That way does not keep the attachment. All I care about in these instances is to keep the attachment. I have to go through gyrations outside the blackberry and send it back to the blackberry to get that attachment to another person without the original test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel User View Post
sorry, the idea behind Forwarding an email is for them to see it! with a reply they already know what they wrote.....Now you want to be able to only forward the attachment. thats a seperate story. you need the ability to save attachments.

did you try to use the reply feature, add the address of where you want to forward and then delete both the first field and original text?
Closed Thread