BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
psyct1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: ask
Carrier: AT&T
Default Curve is not receiving phone calls, HELP!

Please Login to Remove!

well, yesterday my fiancee was trying to call me both from a land line and her verizon cell phone but couldn't get through she kept getting a message i quoted below...

i can receive emails/sms & mms messages and use the bb messenger with no problems...

i thought maybe the problem was on her end, then again this afternoon on my way home from work she was trying to call me and it was giving her the same problem... i used her phone to call my number and i got this message "Your call cannot be completed at this time, please try again, message 6MD02ZL" (the last part is a guess, as i had to keep calling my phone to see exactly what the message code was)...

i called AT&T customer service, and she said she still had me as using an 8700, so i gave her my new IMEI number and she had me go through the battery pull method and said she was updating the info on her end, turned the phone back on and they tried calling me only this time she said it went straight to voicemail (which it wasn't doing before)... so i pulled the battery again, it took FOREVER for the phone to get registered on the "EDGE" network, got hung up on edge for about 3 minutes... they called my phone and it went through...

then about 20 minutes later i get a PIN message from a buddy saying he cannot get through to my phone and for me to call him... i'm at a loss right now for what to do...

here is the software on my phone:

VODAFONE OS v4.2.2.146 (Platform 2.4.0.6.2)

what should my next steps be? i'm half tempted to "downgrade" to the latest AT&T OS, and be done with it, not many differences between it and the VODAFONE OS...

if more info is needed, please let me know...
Old 08-29-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
egale
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Sounds like an AT&T problem to me. But what did you gain from upgrading the OS to Vodaphone?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
psyct1

Quote:
Originally Posted by egale View Post
Sounds like an AT&T problem to me. But what did you gain from upgrading the OS to Vodaphone?
to be honest, nothing I really used, which is why I'm tempted to just go back to the AT&T OS... I am going to call AT&T again today sometime when I get a chance and find out what "Message 6MD02ZL" means (if they know) and see if maybe that can help with the troubleshooting...
Old 08-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
psyct1

called at&t again, this time I gave them the message error code listed above, he said what it meant was that the "phone did not accept the call", well no shit... thanks for the support.

anyway, he told me to try and get the SIM card replaced and hope that it is not the phone itself...
Old 08-29-2007, 04:25 PM   #5
psyct1

decided to go back to the latest AT&T OS, and so far so good, been receiving calls since I did it...

that is the second time I've had problems with using a OS that is not AT&T when it comes to wireless service (previous time I couldn't send or receive MMS messages)...

I think I'll just stick to this OS until someone releases 4.3... we'll see, I definitely like the fact that I can always "downgrade" the OS relatively quickly
Old 09-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
likefre

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

FYI, just had the same issue after re-loading OS on my 8320 (T-mobile)..
After calling tech support and not getting anywhere...I noticed that for some strange reason, on my profiles, the "do not disturb option" on phone was set to yes!..
That just tells you to look at the most simple solution first rather than thinking something is wrong with your phone/account
Old 09-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #7
psyct1

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefre View Post
FYI, just had the same issue after re-loading OS on my 8320 (T-mobile)..
After calling tech support and not getting anywhere...I noticed that for some strange reason, on my profiles, the "do not disturb option" on phone was set to yes!..
That just tells you to look at the most simple solution first rather than thinking something is wrong with your phone/account
LOL, that wasn't the issue with mine, it wouldn't even send the calls to voicemail, and it was an intermittent problem... i'll have to keep that in mind if it ever happens again though! thanks
Closed Thread