BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #1
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8705g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Can someone explain this simply..

Please Login to Remove!

still reading the manual and don't understand. With the curve...

I had the 8700 and they had 2 globe icons/browsers, If I recall , one was for Tzones or Blackberry Internet (what is that if there is such a thing) and the other was THE Internet. I simply hid the first thing, never used it.

And then there was ONE (only 1) mail folder, at least on some of the themes.

Now there are 3 mail folders, at least on the Zen theme, and 1 Globe/Net

I think I have it figured Out. Can you help me or tell me if this right.

1. The mail boxes are like this only on this theme. there is some other theme out there where there is one mail box where all your mail will go

2. On this theme, my yahoo mail will goto the yahoo mailbox, my text, mms, and yes, my Yahoo (goes to 2 mailboxes) will goto the messages box, and the blackberry email address will goto the blackberry mailbox

3. they combined the globes into one and within the options I can choose which one I want to be default. They let Tzones be default, which appears to me to be the regular NET. (Why is it called Tzones) Correct. And why cannot I not get rid of that nasty Tzones homepage and make it Google or make my favorites my homepage like I could on the 8700

That's enough for now. I will read on and see if I can figure anything out on my own. But I cannot figure out the difference there

I do know I will start a new thread on how to add/del things from the zen today page unless someone reading here knows

Last edited by eric0668; 10-13-2007 at 06:14 PM..
Old 10-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

You can change your default browser under Options >Advanced Options >Browser.

You can change the home page for the other Browsers "Internet Browser" and "Blackberry Browser" (BES only.)

As for the email folders those should show in all the themes as they are a product of the BIS system and are pushed to the device when you setup your email.

You can separate sms from email by going to Messages >Options > (scroll to the bottom) and you'll see the option to separate.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
harveyjc_2001
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Eric, I have read your well-formed questions, and while I am not sure what the answers are, there is one thiing I am quite sure of.

The Yankees do indeed suck.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm

They have separate email icons for each email account you setup on the BB, so if you have 4 accounts on your BB, you'd see the main inbox that holds all the email (like always) and then 4 icons for each email account.

Just think of the extra mail icons as specific views of that email account.

Pick Internet Browser for your default browser
Old 10-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #5
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

First of all, Harvey, thank you. I am certain of the latter part of your reply, however, you were too generous on the other part. I always try, but do not always succed on putting together a well formatted question. I am a 'together' kind of guy, and educated, but my mind races sometimes. I appreciate anyone who takes time to understand me. Thanks

At this point, John and RJW, before I waste any of your time, let me get back to the curve and book and post later. I am not sure of what you wrote. I do recall, and this is all I know of those posts, that some themes, and I had done that upgrade that game me a long list of themes on the 8700g, and some of the themes had, assuming I only had a yahoo email and BB email and gotten text, ONE box for yahoo , one for BB , and one for text OR some had One for all.

Did they change this or is this the way it is? Don't answer. Let me try what u said

thanks
tty in an hour or two
Old 10-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

K, not telling
Old 10-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #7
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
K, not telling
ROTFL. God I have to get out of here and off this puter. I was due at a friends house a half hour ago

I know when I send this real quick I'm gonna hear a bmm bmm (mail tone)
when attempting to leave
Closed Thread