Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 AM   #81
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpisgreat View Post
Shape, just wanted to let you know that GPSed works on OS 4.5 even though the download said it doesn't support it.
Hello,

Actually we have tested on the 4.5 and aware that it works correctly.
Where did you see that it was not supported? Could you provide a link or a quote?

Thanks anyway.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #82
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
I had #2 Problem. Apparently not converting on phone. Buggy.
Our developers are working on it to fix in the nearest update. Anyway, it is still beta.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #83
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
Hello,

Actually we have tested on the 4.5 and aware that it works correctly.
Where did you see that it was not supported? Could you provide a link or a quote?

Thanks anyway.
In the Description area of the download screen, it says the following.

GPSed is compatible with 4.2, 4.3 Blackberry OS only. Please check your OS version in Options->About
Old 08-02-2008, 01:29 AM   #84
ryanli

Model: 8800
PIN: 25230137
Carrier: China Mobile

Hello there,

I am a user of GPSed, and my network is provided by China Mobile. According to the autoconfigurator, the transport methods available for me are "Direct TCP" and "WAP Connection".
However, when I am using either of these two BB Transports and go to the map page(I can see no maps but S, E, N, W coordinates), my Blackberry 8800 prompts that "The application gpsedbb has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy." and nothing else shows up. The same thing also occurs when I choose to save "A New Track".
But I have adjusted all options in "Application Permissions" to "Allow". IMHO, it's because
GPSed uses not only the transport it claims to use, i.e. when I set the transport to WAP, GPSed is still using other transport methods/
I really hope that this could be fixed soon.

Best Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #85
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl

Shape, there is also a misspelling in the popup when you are putting in your account information.

"Login Error: Login contain spce character"

It actually allows you to save too.

Paul
Old 08-03-2008, 11:01 PM   #86
vlalra
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 2440f547
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
it's fascinating!
well I tried to open it, but it says it is privet.

I also want to say that I love the program. It doesn't put a big stain on the battery. The only thing that I need to figure out is how to get the tracks uploaded. It does not say my user name and password.

Last edited by vlalra; 08-03-2008 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 08-04-2008, 06:09 AM   #87
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpisgreat View Post
In the Description area of the download screen, it says the following.

GPSed is compatible with 4.2, 4.3 Blackberry OS only. Please check your OS version in Options->About
Thank. We'll correct this.
GPSed is actually compatible with Blackberry OS 4.2 and higher.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:35 AM   #88
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanli View Post
Hello there,

I am a user of GPSed, and my network is provided by China Mobile. According to the autoconfigurator, the transport methods available for me are "Direct TCP" and "WAP Connection".
However, when I am using either of these two BB Transports and go to the map page(I can see no maps but S, E, N, W coordinates), my Blackberry 8800 prompts that "The application gpsedbb has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy." and nothing else shows up. The same thing also occurs when I choose to save "A New Track".
But I have adjusted all options in "Application Permissions" to "Allow". IMHO, it's because
GPSed uses not only the transport it claims to use, i.e. when I set the transport to WAP, GPSed is still using other transport methods/
I really hope that this could be fixed soon.

Best Regards,
Ryan
Dear Ryan,

For the issue with the Firewall please contact your carrier. It is not a developer bug, this is a limitation from your carrier, that can occur with other 3rd party applications.

When you set some connection type manually, GPSed will use it. If the connection was or wasn't successful, GPSed will not set some other connection type by itself. It will use the one you have chosen.
If you run an autoconfigurator once more, you can set up another connection type, that GPSed will follow. But this can be done only by yourself.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #89
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlalra View Post
well I tried to open it, but it says it is privet.

I also want to say that I love the program. It doesn't put a big stain on the battery. The only thing that I need to figure out is how to get the tracks uploaded. It does not say my user name and password.
Please go to gpsed.com and Sign up to create your login and password. Then enter this information into your GPSed mobile application:
GPSed -> Menu -> Settings -> Track's uploading -> Enter your login and password and press Menu -> Save.

The status of the track can be changed at gpsed.com when it was uploaded.

You can also turn to FAQ at Frequently Asked Questions | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service
Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #90
healthyfatboy

Model: none
PIN: N/A

Will this application work even though I don't have a data plan? I just got the Curve so I would have a PDA integrated with a phone and it had a GPS as well so I thought I would take advantage of it. Anyone know because I can't really afford to pay for any data usage right now.
Thanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #91
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

heathyfatboy, you are able to write tracks without any data usage. You can transfer your tracks to your PC then and upload them to gpsed.com from the PC. You can learn how to do that from the FAQ Frequently Asked Questions | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service
Old 08-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #92
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyfatboy View Post
Will this application work even though I don't have a data plan? I just got the Curve so I would have a PDA integrated with a phone and it had a GPS as well so I thought I would take advantage of it. Anyone know because I can't really afford to pay for any data usage right now.
Thanks.
If you don't want to see your tracks on the gpsed site, you can still run the program and save a track and then convert the track to other formats and copy those to your computer and use them there.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #93
healthyfatboy

Model: none

From what I read, this program basically keeps track of where you have been with tracks correct? It would be like the tracks that I would normally get from my Garmin unit I use. Is that what GPSed is mainly used for to just see where you have been and also geotag pictures?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #94
cchester

Model: 8800
Default GPS lost in flight

I have used my T-Mo BB 8000 v 4.5.0.55 and v1.01 of GPSED on numerous flights to track.
Examples: hkg to kul | Author Cchester | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service
yuldfw | Author Cchester | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service

Lately, I get cut off shortly after rotate (takeoff). Example: San Juan to Miami | Author Cchester | free Mobile GPS Tracking Service

Anyone have a similar experience? I really need to track the seat miles and trips.

And for those of you freaking out that I use it during a flight and want to site FAA flight regs, I offer this: It would be a horrible thing if my Blackberry 8800 GPS phone can cause a crash. Think of all the other signals that are 500 times more powerful and are being sent from terra firma to sats and that bounce off different atmospheres. Aircraft would be dropping out of the sky's like flys at a bug zapper convention.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:34 AM   #95
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Hello cchester,

The tracks get cut off because of loosing the connection with the satellite. We are in the development of the new much improved version which will have a better connection and track should be recorded much more stable.

Please keep in touch about the release. You can sign up to GPSed blog to receive the latest news by email.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #96
Reverse

Model: 8320
Default Sharing an active track

How do share an active track without making it Public?

I've got my phone set up, it uploads data, and the track shows in GPSed's website, it all works.

However, how do I direct friends to my track as I am making it? Since I am not by my PC, I have no idea what the url of my track is, and I don't want to make it Public (if it were Public they could find it by my user name).

Suggestions?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:08 AM   #97
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Dear Reverse, while writing a track press Menu button -> View my position -> Menu button -> Page Address, you will see the URL to your track.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #98
philip8454
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: att

Why does this program now tell me that I'm 200 ft below sea level when I'm standing on the 3rd floor of a building in Beverly Hills, CA where the old version told me I was 140 ft above sea level?
Thanks
Old 11-27-2008, 05:24 AM   #99
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

The GPSed application doesn't count the height by itself, it just reflects the data that was sent by the GPS receiver. The GPS receiver gets the data from the satellite, the data correctness depends on the quality of the receiver. You can put the receiver on the table and see how it's changing the data, even when it's not moving - the data can change.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:53 PM   #100
Reverse

Model: 8320

OK, I've tried the application on a long ride today, and I have some questions/comments:

1) When I started my ride, GPSed uploaded my track as I was riding it. When I left cell phone coverage, it still recorded the track, but didn't upload it anymore, understandably. What I don't understand is why the recorded track isn't uploaded as soon as I enter cell phone coverage, and then track updates are resumed?
Instead, I now have to manually upload it, and even then it doesn't return to automatic updates at set intervals, which defeats the purpose of having a live track available to friends

2) The track recording/upload generally looks good, but it does take shortcuts sometimes; it shows the shortest distance between two points on a twisty road, instead of following the actual turns of the road. Is there any way I can improve the accuracy of the track?

3) I started the track while still on WiFi (at home). When I later tried to upload the track, the menu option was not available until I turned off the Wifi receiver in my BlackBerry. Small detail, but it took me a while to find out what was wrong.

Regards,

Reverse
Closed Thread