Old 09-17-2008, 12:34 AM   #1
newbiebbuser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Arrow Greasy Screen Solution?!?!?!

Please Login to Remove!

bah, i am so sick of seeing greasy little swirls on my screen...will buying a screen protector stop the greasiness effect? even after i wipe it down with my shirt, it's still back to being greasy seconds later...it's embarrassing! any solutions?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 AM   #2
mb978n
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: 248e3c5
Carrier: At&t

face wash? heh

I just usually rub it on my pants but to be honest, I never hold mine up to my face.. rock a bluetooth headset GO HANDS FREE!!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:57 AM   #3
RaY RaY

Model: 8320

You can buy a case for your blackberry that also protects the screen. I use it because I have the same problem and I don't like getting my screen dirty.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
jjd228
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon. (Exchange/BES Architect & Engineer since the very very beginning :)

serious? i mean, really serious? kids are starving while you worry about swirls on your blackberry screen. its a PHONE... a TOOL. hang it in a museum if you dont want it touched
Old 09-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

To answer the OP's question, a screen protector should help out with the issue. It will help out with scratches as well, if smudges on the screen bother you, you surely don't want a scratch.

Also, maybe invest in some microfiber cloths to clean the screen.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #6
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers

Well first and foremost is proper hygiene. You usually leanred about it in school, or from your parents.

I would reccomend a soap that completely dries out your skin, therefore there can be no oils that get on your screen.

Hope that helps!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P
Old 09-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #7
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd228 View Post
serious? i mean, really serious? kids are starving while you worry about swirls on your blackberry screen. its a PHONE... a TOOL. hang it in a museum if you dont want it touched
Honestly! He wasn't asking for your opinion on whether or not you thought this was an important issue. Why so judgmental? It's obviously important to the OP, and I see little need for anyone to belittle same.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #8
ChefJon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ATT

I carry a micro cloth in my pocket all the time. Just part of my routine in the morning...I keep it in my drawer with my wallet. When the wallet goes into my back pocket the micro cloth goes into the right front pocket along with my inhaler.

My personal micro cloth of choice is the Fellowes Perfect Clean (Default). I use it for keeping my laptop screen and keyboard dust free. I wipe down my BB every once in a while. I also use bluetooth headset so I don't have to wipe it down every time I use it. For some reason the display on my car receiver gets dusty quickly (construction areas probably) and it comes in handy there as well. I clean my glasses and camera with it. When it gets too soiled to clean effectively I just wash it with dish soap or laundry detergent in a sink and let it air dry.

I'm not a clean freak but I've found that if you regularly dust some things (like the laptop screen and keyboard) then you never have to CLEAN them.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
MadDog_
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Hang on. I'm looking for it!
Carrier: AT&T

Absolutely, the screen protector is the way to go. I have no problems with this when I have one on. I boogered up my old one and took it off. Without it, the crap on the screen annoys the heck out of me.

By the way, I love Best Skins Ever and their customer service is great.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #10
mb978n
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
PIN: 248e3c5
Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_BBTechie View Post
Honestly! He wasn't asking for your opinion on whether or not you thought this was an important issue. Why so judgmental? It's obviously important to the OP, and I see little need for anyone to belittle same.

i couldnt agree more! heh i said the whole "washing your face thing" as more of a jestful jab at the OP
Old 09-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
juliohaynie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AA6EAF

I use Clorox wipes, it looks brand new afterward...
Old 09-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #12
Mastershredder

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Go get yourself one of the screen protectors from BestSkinsEver. They work fantastic and all's you have to do is rub your shirt or finger over the screen and it's like new again. I buy them for all my devices now.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #13
haephaestus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: head, Zippy

This is annoying! Especially in the summer when the sweat just beads up on the screen. After a call, I just do a quick swipe of it against my pants, shirt, etc... In addition, the RIM leather belt pouch case has a cloth lining so anything I've missed is wiped off in the holster. Other phones I've had usually didn't have the earpiece port so flush with the face of the phone so in the past it wasn't an issue, not so with the Blackberries. If it does become a problem, maybe a flip like the 8220 would prevent you from pressing the whole phone against your face? A worthy enough reason to convince yourself to upgrade? =)

Cheers!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #14
dwood721
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

Every phone I have ever had has had the same issue. The only phone I have seen that doesn't do it is the voyager. Maybe that softer touch type screen is the way to go. Even if its not a touch phone maybe just using softer screens when making phones would help
Closed Thread