Old 11-23-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
MrQ

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Help with Faxes on a Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a problem I have. Situation is, I'm trying send and retrieve documents that have been faxed, but am rarely able to head back to the office for my documents. I also need to be able forward these documents to other fax machines so that my offices will have them once I have reviewed it. Does anyone know of any programs or ways to link up my mobile device to obtain and send faxes? I'm currently using a Blackberry Curve. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Q
Old 11-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #2
bbtrapped
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

Wirelessly posted (@ 88 mph)

Not sure if all carriers have this option but, call your carrier and see if they have fax to voicemail. You can fax to your voicemail and then forward to another fax machine. Hope this helps. Someone else might have another solution.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

efax, I use the corporate version. You can receive a fax and it sends you an email with a tiff attachment. You can fax using email. I believe the non-corporate version is free for receiving only and $10/mo for send/receive.

I haven't tried sending a fax in a very long time from email. If I get four faxes a year, its a lot.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
Tiny

Model: 9000
PIN: 2563B879
Carrier: Orange UK

I use myfax.com in the uk but think they are us based. Toll free incoming line which sends files to your e-mail in pdf format. Plus you can send from your mail by simply typing an e-mail as if it was a fax, or you can simply attach a word,pdf or 100's of other formats to your e-mail and it will do the rest for you.

The reason i use it is we have very little incoming but a lot of outgoing and they allow me to add 6 x different e-mail addresses so anyone in the office can send from the same account.

Been pretty good for us so far.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
MBW
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8110
Carrier: AT&T

I think scanR :: Scan, copy, and fax with your camera phone has a BlackBerry application in combo with a Web service that will address your needs.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #6
MrQ

Model: Curve
Default Mfax

Thank you everyone. Tiny, I think MFax works great. It is the one that seems to be working best for me. I'm not sure about the UK one, but I have found Mfax site here and it has given me no problems. Here is the site for anyone else that needs help on this matter.

labs.guiang.com/mfax/
Old 11-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBW View Post
I think scanR*::*Scan, copy, and fax with your camera phone has a BlackBerry application in combo with a Web service that will address your needs.
Have you used it? I posted asking if others had good experience but got no response. See thread below for the results of my test fax.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ments-fax.html

Near as I can tell there's no way to fax a Word or .pdf file instead of a picture. Makes no sense not to do those but I didn't spend a lot of time digging. Also it doesn't receive, just sends, so you have to have efax or something similar to receive.

I'm tempted to sign up since I literally carry a portable scanner at times and this would be a good enough alternative for some uses.

Last edited by monkeypaw; 11-24-2008 at 05:05 PM..
Closed Thread