Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon
Default Javelin Vibrate v. Bold Vibrate

Please Login to Remove!

I am having a tough time with my BlackBerry Bold. I love the device, and consider it to be a very reliable tool for me... with one exception: the vibrate strength. More often than not (many, many times a day), I don't realize I have a call coming in, or an e-mail, or text message, etc. So, I only realize that I have missed these calls hours later, which isn't good for business. What I notice happening now is that I am constantly checking my phone just to see if I have missed anything. Very annoying.

So, for those that have experience with the Bold, and that now have the Javelin, what is your experience with the vibrate strength? Do you find it better, the same, or worse than the vibrate strength of the Bold?

Thanks for any help with this.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
agadgetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

I havn't had the bold but compared to a few other BB's, the vibrate is quite weak I think.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208

Wirelessly posted

Contact steve at horizon I'm pretty sure hell know. I'm surprised he hasn't responded. He is on busy guy around this time

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Old 12-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Dang... I sure hope the Javelin isn't considered weak with regards to vibration strength. I found the Curve 8310 just fine. It seems like the Bold is weaker than the 8310 (as I remember it, anyway), and if the Javelin is also weaker, well... I would hate to think this is the end of my BB partnership. I just can't afford to miss so many calls, so I need to find a working solution. Granted, I could just get the 8310 again, but I feel like that is a step backwards.

Hopefully, there are more that can respond with positive comments regarding the Javelin's vibration strength. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
BlitzSix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

I can't do a side by side comparison as I lost my Bold, but for what I remember, it is stronger on the 8900 than the bold..
Old 12-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
pokey
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I only used the Bold for a very short period of time but from what I remember of it, the vibrate, albeit weak, was stronger than that of the 8900. I carry my 8900 in the leather pocket in my pants pocket and still can barely feel the vibrate.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #7
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Dang...

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 12-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #8
williams17
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: n/a
Carrier: AT&T

That is another gripe I have about the Bold over the 8310 Curve. I was hoping the same, that the Javelin would be stronger.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #9
obentou
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ROGERS

IMHO the vibrate on my newly acquired Javelin is slightly stronger than the Bold. Personal opinion. The leather on the Bold seems to suppress (or absorb) the vibrations, whereas the Javelin's hardcover doesn't.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #10
PaulOckenden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: TMo UK

I think the vibrate on the 8900 is pathetic. Really poor compared to the previous 83xx series Curves.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:46 AM   #11
dooks88
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by obentou
IMHO the vibrate on my newly acquired Javelin is slightly stronger than the Bold. Personal opinion. The leather on the Bold seems to suppress (or absorb) the vibrations, whereas the Javelin's hardcover doesn't.
I agree. My 8900 has slighlty stronger vibrate over the Bold.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:14 AM   #12
ifonline
Magic Bananas

I hope this is right. My chief complaint is the vibrate strength. Even if it's not up to par with the 83xx, maybe being better than the Bold will be good enough. Frustrating, though, that this seems to be a trend with new devices.

I think I will wait this time for AT&T to release it versus getting one from Rogers. I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 12-26-2008, 04:39 AM   #13
priest_spy

Model: 8700g
Carrier: 8700g

My friend and me have compared sit together to compare vibration in Bold and Javelin.

The result is Javelin is better. I mean stronger.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:22 AM   #14
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Thanks for everyone's input on this.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
Old 12-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #15
mebiuspower
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780

Regardless, it's still weaker than my 8300 Curve. This is going to disappoint a lot of my executives at work.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:25 AM   #16
stinge

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

So, for those that have experience with the Bold, and that now have the Javelin, what is your experience with the vibrate strength? Do you find it better, the same, or worse than the vibrate strength of the Bold?

Thanks for any help with this.[/QUOTE]

I never heard of a Javelin. But Since I've had my Bold for about 3 weeks now,I've been complaining and emailing the hell out of the idiots at RIM about the weakness of the vibrate settings on this crapy device. And I don't mean the Bold is crapy, just the vibrate settings. I can't even feel the phone vibe when it's in my pocket and I'm sitting still. The phone with the best vibrate that I recently switched from was the motorola Q9h. I wish I could show everyone that compalins about the bold vibrate how strong the moto Q is. The phone rang and vibed at the same time. Not like the stupid vibrate 1st and ring 2nd settings on all blackberrys. It was the same for text,email and mms messages. I preffer the motorola for a phone, and the Bold for email and internet. I'm emailing RIM every chance I get, usually everytime I miss a phone call or text message because of the crapy vibrate alert. I'm going to let them know every single minute how pissed off I am with their lack of vibrate strength. I work in an office, and I can't have the sound on. So I miss everything. And the Buzzme application that makes the Bold vibrate and ring at the same time is useless, because you can't feel it.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:48 AM   #17
enrich2u
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone
Exclamation

One of the famous mobile phone maker has received a patent for a system that uses electric shocks to let somebody know when they're phone is ringing, rather than the usual ringtone or vibration. The user wears a small pad with electrodes on their skin that's connected wirelessly to the phone, and get a shock -- which can be personalized, depending on the caller -- when they're called. It's hard to see this system really taking off
Old 03-05-2009, 02:14 AM   #18
stinge

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

[QUOTE=enrich2u;1308612]One of the famous mobile phone maker has received a patent for a system that uses electric shocks to let somebody know when they're phone is ringing, rather than the usual ringtone or vibration. The user wears a small pad with electrodes on their skin that's connected wirelessly to the phone, and get a shock --

ILMAO. That's funny. Something like that doesn't even sound safe. An electric shock that alerts someone when their phone is ringing. if I find out someone I don't like is wearing one of these pads, I would call them every minute of the day. I would be very surprised to see a device like that get approved.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #19
jl_87
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ive used both and find that the Bold's vibrate is stronger then the Javelin's. And if you just set the phones on the table, the Bold is ridiculously loud because of the metal piece on the battery cover
Old 03-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #20
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

Also Bold's sheer size and weight matters.. Bold is around 23gm more the Javelin

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Closed Thread