BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Default Gave the storm another chance, but....

Please Login to Remove!

I won't be able to use it for another couple of days....I ordered it directly from Verizon online....first there was a delay with the shipment, second it shipped without any notification and arrived while I was away, now today I happily open the package and there is no frigging battery in the box!!!
Called and a battery is being sent my way, checked two best buys and two Verizon stores, no luck for spare batteries, the Verizon stores gave me the lame "we sold the last one earlier today".
I hope I get my battery and my storm up and running by Wednesday, if not, I'm sorry, it is going back to Verizon and I am canceling my contract once again. What a disappointment.
Question for those of you who bought it online was your box sealed with a plastic seal when you got it, mine was not.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
cabll88
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

i ordered from verizon the box had a sticker seal. If yours did not then it might be evidence that it was opened before.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:19 AM   #3
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb Amazon.com for spare batteries

I got an exact replacement battery for the Storm from Amazon.com for abut 40% off list. Can't argue with that. 73.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:21 AM   #4
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Interesting, I wonder if they opened yours to do a software update? ... Which OS did it ship with?
Old 12-14-2008, 12:37 AM   #5
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Or the FedEx carrier owns a storm and is frustrated with the battery life so he took yours!

I ordered an extra storm battery from Verizon and the sid it would take two business days, but it only took one- I had it the next day.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamegs View Post
Or the FedEx carrier owns a storm and is frustrated with the battery life so he took yours!

I ordered an extra storm battery from Verizon and the sid it would take two business days, but it only took one- I had it the next day.
Very Possible
Old 12-14-2008, 07:21 AM   #7
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
Interesting, I wonder if they opened yours to do a software update? ... Which OS did it ship with?
Can't tell. I can't power it on. Ya, maybe the Fedex guy did have a storm as well. The FedEx box did not look like it was tampered with, nor did the storm. It looks like the plastic seal was carefully removed from the black box. All seems to be OK, no scratches, no dust in the gaps between the screen and body of the storm, no lint on the speaker cover. So, all in all it seems like it is brand new, maybe it was opened at the distribution center to verify all was in the box or to flash it...I guess I will find out when I get my battery from Verizon or get my hands on one at a retailer today.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:30 AM   #8
datboi305

PIN: 216e8182
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBerry View Post
Can't tell. I can't power it on. Ya, maybe the Fedex guy did have a storm as well. The FedEx box did not look like it was tampered with, nor did the storm. It looks like the plastic seal was carefully removed from the black box. All seems to be OK, no scratches, no dust in the gaps between the screen and body of the storm, no lint on the speaker cover. So, all in all it seems like it is brand new, maybe it was opened at the distribution center to verify all was in the box or to flash it...I guess I will find out when I get my battery from Verizon or get my hands on one at a retailer today.

no way in hell would i buy a battery. when you purchase the phone its supposed to come with that n some accessories. i would go to different vzw stores in the area as im in miami 2 and demand them to give me a battery for free. or threaten to cancel contract make sure you are kinda loud but not yelling so that other ppl in the store are aware of your problem. if not talk to manager. there is no excuse for you not to get a battery when you purchased the phone brand spanking new
Old 12-14-2008, 07:32 AM   #9
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by datboi305 View Post
no way in hell would i buy a battery. when you purchase the phone its supposed to come with that n some accessories. i would go to different vzw stores in the area as im in miami 2 and demand them to give me a battery for free. or threaten to cancel contract make sure you are kinda loud but not yelling so that other ppl in the store are aware of your problem. if not talk to manager. there is no excuse for you not to get a battery when you purchased the phone brand spanking new
A new battery has already been ordered for me, it should ship tomorrow. I am just one of those people that can't wait, so that is why I am trying to get my hands on a battery now.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:37 AM   #10
datboi305

Quote:
A new battery has already been ordered for me, it should ship tomorrow. I am just one of those people that can't wait, so that is why I am trying to get my hands on a battery now.

i totally understand where you are coming from because i am the same way. best of luck to you.....pm me if you have any ?s or anything
Old 12-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #11
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
i totally understand where you are coming from because i am the same way. best of luck to you.....pm me if you have any ?s or anything
Thanks! BTW, nice picture....took me a while to clear my dirty mind and see what I did not want to see.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:52 AM   #12
datboi305

Quote:
Thanks! BTW, nice picture....took me a while to clear my dirty mind and see what I did not want to see.
lmao it gets alot of people at first but when you look at it closely you see its a lamp and wall
Old 12-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #13
HarlyFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
lmao it gets alot of people at first but when you look at it closely you see its a lamp and wall
Great Pic, Best Buy had the batteries in stock yesterday!

Addicted To The CRACKBerry!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #14
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
Great Pic, Best Buy had the batteries in stock yesterday!
Maybe somewhere in the mid-west, but not here in Miami, BestBuys are looking like they have been sacked. Boy, this sucks, waited for 10 days to get my storm, now another 5 for a stupid battery that should have been there in the first place.
Closed Thread