Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 07:42 AM   #1
jboogie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t
Question RIM emails on 7100t wont stop

Please Login to Remove!

first, id like to appoligize...

i know this has been answered, but i cant seem to search well enough to find it.

i set up a t-mo email account to forward messages to my BB.. it goes from my corprate email to my outlook and outlook fowards it to my @tmo.blackberry.net...

when i first set up the account, i got the message from the RIM, do not reply.. yada, yada...

well, now everytime a message comes to my handheld i also get that RIM message.. this morning i got 15 emails all at once, but 8 of them were from the RIM service again.

what have i set up wrong? i was under the impression that it would do that once, and then it was good to go.. am i supposed to be recieving this many of them?

if someone could link me to a thread that would be great.. ive run out of seach options and i have to work at some point.

thanks guys..
Old 11-04-2005, 12:37 PM   #2
aldebaran
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9790
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

until you fix it up you can set-up a filter on BWC to stop the emails from RIM.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:40 PM   #3
jboogie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t

im with ya... i tried it earlier, and then realized the messages are generated and have a unique "from" feild on every message.

the subject line is the same though.. every message has a really long alpha-numeric sequence. this one is: RIM_bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2

my only concern is that the message's subject feild will change and the filter will be useless... i know i can set another, but that really defeats the purpose and kills the convience factor as you cant set filters to your t-mo account on the BB.

what i am curious about is the reason for getting the email... i can understand once, but come on.. my other co-workers dont recieve it daily, but i do everytime i get a message. what are the pretenses for this message being sent? anyone know?

currently, im using Outlook to manage my corporate email. all my co-workers are using Novell's Groupwise 6.0 to manage email accounts...

i dont enjoy groupwise, but im willing to switch just to recieve the emails without 10 "dont respond to this message" emails...

if the filter stays in place, then this becomes a moot point, but things never quite work out the way i plan them and im pre-preparing for the worst.

thanks for the reply, and anyothers that can contribute to my psuedo-situation.
Closed Thread