BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #61
daxifus

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel

Please Login to Remove!

I got youtube to work on a wifi connection, but still haven't had luck with it through the
phone. My wife has the palm centro and has no trouble viewing youtube videos over the
phone - guess I expected similar results with the 8350.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #62
HawgHead

PIN: N/A

My texting works fine, they only come to my MMS icon though not my messege folder, which it used to with my old 7520. I like this a lot better.

On another note, I have multiple places I have wifi saved, and have had no problem with that also....except for one of my businesses that says this when I connect "Failed to authenticate against the network" I did everything like all the others, as far as getting them going but this one keeps saying this....anyone have a clue what this really means? I thought it might be the wrong password, but my laptop works no problem with the password....
Old 12-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #63
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxifus View Post
Is anyone else having problems viewing YouTube videos? Any video I try to view is very choppy and is essentially un-viewable. I have sent in two bug reports dealing with this. BTW, this is trying to view on non-WIFI.

ALSO - Does anybody know if the 16GB Micro SDHC cards will work in the phone? Everywhere that carries the SDHC cards says to check with the device mfg to see if they are compatible with the SDHC cards. I don't want to spend $50 on a card and not be able to use it.

Thanks guys!

BTW, no other issues than these - a great phone!
yes it should work without issues. i tryed a 4 gb loaded with music from itunes using the Rim sync software and no issues. It took 20 minutes the first time to sync the 4 gb card but plays with out issues.

As far as the exception error I got with texting . I did the following.
Go under Options/MMS/ select Automatic Retrieval to always then Save. My issue was out of the box I could send them but wasn't getting them back. This took care of it.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #64
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxifus View Post
I got youtube to work on a wifi connection, but still haven't had luck with it through the
phone. My wife has the palm centro and has no trouble viewing youtube videos over the
phone - guess I expected similar results with the 8350.
works great on WIFI in the house will have to test it more in the wild.

For those wondering . m.youtube.com for the mobile version.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #65
lawden
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default i WISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm117 View Post
did you finally get your txting to work?
no. I cannot believe I paid this kind of money, waited and wasted this much time for this phone for it not to work correctly. I think I am just going to demand a new phone on Monday. I often have work related texts that I cannot afford to miss so this is a deal breaker for me.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #66
HawgHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawden View Post
no. I cannot believe I paid this kind of money, waited and wasted this much time for this phone for it not to work correctly. I think I am just going to demand a new phone on Monday. I often have work related texts that I cannot afford to miss so this is a deal breaker for me.
After you change to automatic retrieval, try taking your battery out and putting it back...that is what I had to do.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #67
HawgHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan View Post
For those wondering . m.youtube.com for the mobile version.
Good info! Thanks!
Old 12-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #68
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Default duplicate contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm117 View Post
did you finally get your txting to work?

It took a week for tier 3 to get back to me after the same promise and I found my answer on the web. Blackberry crowd is a tight group and if we can help each other we can save alot of headaches with tech support.

My only issue I have is when I transfered my contacts from the SIM card to the contacts on the phone I got duplicates and some cases triplicates. I was emailed a step by step way to correct the issues. Here is its if you are having that issue.

Going to try it this afternoon and will let you know what happens.

Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, open Backup and Restore and click Advanced.
From the Device Databases list, select Address Book and click Clear. Click OK, and then click Close.

after deleting all contacts transfer your Sim contacts then sync them to the desktop. Make your corrections (add email address, additional numbers etc) then resync. I am debating if I want to manage my corrections on outlook or put items in the cloud on google with google sync. My first sync took forever but after that things are good.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:30 PM   #69
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHead View Post
After you change to automatic retrieval, try taking your battery out and putting it back...that is what I had to do.
One step I forgot thanks for the catch.

By the way has anyone tryed softreset(software) on there device?

Last edited by Tritan; 12-20-2008 at 01:32 PM..
Old 12-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #70
lawden

Default Don't know what else to try

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHead View Post
Hawghead,

tried that and much more during my 3 hour headache w/ tech support. Today my phone froze and I could not get a signal (which never happens where I live) until I restarted it 3 times. At that that point, I had been through enough w/ this piece of crap. I called my nextel rep and demanded a new one or I was bringing it back and wanted by old Nextel reactivated. They are ordering a new one. I am praying that the new one works as well as some of people on here who have posted glowing reports.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:19 PM   #71
HawgHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawden View Post
Hawghead,

tried that and much more during my 3 hour headache w/ tech support. Today my phone froze and I could not get a signal (which never happens where I live) until I restarted it 3 times. At that that point, I had been through enough w/ this piece of crap. I called my nextel rep and demanded a new one or I was bringing it back and wanted by old Nextel reactivated. They are ordering a new one. I am praying that the new one works as well as some of people on here who have posted glowing reports.
Thats a bummer bro.....I actually hardly ever text, and I didn't realize that it was a problem until reading this thread. I had someone send me a test text, and it didn't show up, after a few more tests, none showed up. Thus, did the automatic retrieval thingy, pulled the battery and all the tests showed up, as well as some others tests right away.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:33 AM   #72
xion

Model: 9630
PIN: 30bc04e7
Carrier: Sprint-Nextel
Default Mms/sms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan View Post
So far I can't get sms to work not even a location in the menu to send to someone . I am hearing that this is an issue. I also can send mms to people but just get a message back stating the message can't be retreved after a few minutes. I can't get replies.
The device uses MMS exclusively. When you get that error you can hit the menu button and tell it to download. However if you want to fix it so that it automatically does it. go to menu/options/mms: Multimedia Reception-Always, Automatic Retrieval-Alway. Then it will auto download. I'm sure someone had a great reason for defaulting it to make you request the message. I just haven't thought of it
Old 12-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #73
zx6racer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: 330E7451
Carrier: Verizon AT&T

Has anyone else noticed the vpn profile is missing or is it just mine ?
Old 12-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #74
HawgHead

Well I am back with the same problem as before, apparently, if you turn your phone off, your need to pull the battery, or log into the host table thingy, which I haven't done yet.....geesh....what a pain!
Old 12-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #75
blackmage

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by propaneman View Post
When making a call from the 8350i has anyone mentioned that they hear a reverb? I know this is common sometimes with Nextel but most of the people I have called from this phone are complaining they hear themselves talk. I don’t seem to be having the problem on my end but the people I call are.

I have one that does not have this & one that does. When I find out what the source is i will pass this info along!
Old 12-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #76
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xion View Post
The device uses MMS exclusively. When you get that error you can hit the menu button and tell it to download. However if you want to fix it so that it automatically does it. go to menu/options/mms: Multimedia Reception-Always, Automatic Retrieval-Alway. Then it will auto download. I'm sure someone had a great reason for defaulting it to make you request the message. I just haven't thought of it

I have this issue fixed. I have had 3 lockups in the last few days . Today the led stuck on red strange. yesterday running a video locked it up. I also am wondering if this device has visual voicemail like the storm . My moms has it but I can't find it on mine . Anybody?
Old 12-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #77
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9850
Carrier: Sprint

Anyone know if there is a way to get text messages to show up in my mail folder. It seems weird that PTT show up and we can't get rid of it but text don't? I rarely text and when I receive a text I don't always notice it right away. My daughter sent me a text yesterday and i just noticed it today.

Also anyone have trouble with contacts with a .pop address? I work very closely with someone with a TMO user who has a .pop address and my phone won't save his address. When he sent me a message I checked my mail and tried to save it, the phone told me it wasn't a valid address? Any ideas? Edited to add... my 7100i had no issues with this address.

Last edited by Bamellis; 12-22-2008 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: add something
Old 12-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #78
copout221

Carrier: Nextel / Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by propaneman View Post
When making a call from the 8350i has anyone mentioned that they hear a reverb? I know this is common sometimes with Nextel but most of the people I have called from this phone are complaining they hear themselves talk. I don’t seem to be having the problem on my end but the people I call are.

I also had this complaint the other day.

Look like RIM and NEXTEL have some work ahead of them regarding all these problems !!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #79
kick my blackberry

Model: 7100i
Carrier: nextel
Thumbs up Email address

I had a similiar problem with my email and had to call blackberry support and they had to find a IMIS number and once they found that number and put in my pin and IMEI number all systems are a go.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #80
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Anybody else have spontaneous shut offs? 2 today. First time was this . Get up turn bedside mode off. put in holster going to work I find the unit off the first time I check it. 2nd time pick up phone and its on put in holster to carry to the bedroom decided to check for new mail and its off. Hold power button and nothing will turn it on but a reset. aghhhh... anybody?