Please Login to Remove!

here's a link to an app called TipBuddy if you're interested:

http://www.excellapps.com/tipbuddy.html

Rogers 7280 -> 7100r -> 8310 -> 9000 -> 9800 -> 9900
Old 11-08-2005, 11:16 PM   #22
homehandyman

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

Sorry for the question I asked. It was not my intention to cause such a heated dicussion.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:42 PM   #23
jfinn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thank you. Thank you.

I don't need a tip calculator, I don't know what possessed me to read the whole thread. But, I did. And I peed a little.

Hilarious. Thanks.

You guys were all joking, right?
Old 11-09-2005, 03:35 AM   #24
VR6
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

i like debates, it takes away from the monotamy of forums sometimes...

and i was only half joking...half the time...but i guess this tread will die unless there are hardcore (ex) service workers that now have blackberries and comes across this thread

Last edited by VR6; 11-09-2005 at 03:37 AM..
Old 11-09-2005, 02:18 PM   #25
jboogie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t

Quote:
people give you money for free!
ummm.. the last time i checked, if you perform a service, and people leave you money it isnt free.

now, if i was just standing on a street and some guy handed me a dollar, that would be free...

if i had to imagine, you are probably used to your parents taking you out and paying for the bill.. thus you complain about tipping cause now you have to sport the bill..

in europe, the waiters arent "tipped".. they are paid a fair wage that is assumed as a percentage of the bill. the price of the meal is relativly the same... so if you dont like tipping, you can go eat in europe... but you probably complain that the food is too expensive.

it rough not living with mommy anymore... i feel your pain.

so, do you like your new "free" money calculator?

Last edited by jboogie; 11-09-2005 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: cause i suck at the mark-up tags sometimes...
Old 11-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #26
VR6

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

what is the definition of a service? doesn't everyone perform a service of some sort at their work?

why not tip your doctor a few thousand dollars for replacing your heart for you? why not tip the guy at McDonald's that cleans the tables and mops the floors? why not tip your plumber for clearing out your pipes?

for some strange reason we've become accustomed to tipping the help at a resturant/bar...maybe it's because we're with our friends/family and having a good time and wallets and purses are close by, maybe there's alcohol involved...whatever the reason, a tip should never be manditory...0% is what you should expect...

like i said, if you don't like the pay then get out our that line of work...but you shouldn't expect the resturant's customers to suppliment your wage...and it shouldn't really upset you that some people think the way I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboogie
ummm.. the last time i checked, if you perform a service, and people leave you money it isnt free.

now, if i was just standing on a street and some guy handed me a dollar, that would be free...

if i had to imagine, you are probably used to your parents taking you out and paying for the bill.. thus you complain about tipping cause now you have to sport the bill..

in europe, the waiters arent "tipped".. they are paid a fair wage that is assumed as a percentage of the bill. the price of the meal is relativly the same... so if you dont like tipping, you can go eat in europe... but you probably complain that the food is too expensive.

it rough not living with mommy anymore... i feel your pain.

so, do you like your new "free" money calculator?

Old 11-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #27
jboogie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100t

Quote:
what is the definition of a service?
In economics and marketing, a service is the non-material equivalent of a good. Service provision has been defined as an economic activity that does not result in ownership, and this is what differentiates it from providing physical goods. It is claimed to be a process that creates benefits by facilitating either a change in customers, a change in their physical possessions, or a change in their intangible assets.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service

like waiting tables.. the server is facilitating the movement of food from the kitchen to the table. it allows things to function smoothly and keeps liabilities to a minimum... the public cant just walk around in the kitchen trying to make their own food.

Quote:
doesn't everyone perform a service of some sort at their work?
yes.. thats the exact point im trying to make; the waiter is performing a service, therefore the monies recieved via tip is not "free" as some would like to think.

Quote:
why not tip your doctor a few thousand dollars for replacing your heart for you?
because hes charging you $250,000 to do so.. its only a professional courtesy to tip workers that perform manual labor without a degree.. you dont tip lawyers, doctors, system administrators (though i would like that), or anyone on salary... they make enough without tips..

Quote:
0% is what you should expect...
i agree.. after 10 years of waiting tables i learned not to expect anything.. but you do. its a well known fact that in america we tip.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 AM   #28
DanMan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
PIN: 3015cb8b
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6
here's a link to an app called TipBuddy if you're interested:

http://www.excellapps.com/tipbuddy.html
Tip Buddy works well.
The only caveat is if you are not splitting the bill and want to give higher than the average of 15% then this might be the option for you.
once you calculate it out for one person hit the wheel button to get the $ amount of the tip since it doesn't show you and heaven forbid we have to use our brains anymore.
Telus Mobility
BB 8703e
Old 11-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #29
b00st3d

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

tipbuddy works great...

it hurts if i use my brain too much...
Old 11-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #30
Dignan

Model: 7100

You should just get a Wizard.

Or if you can't afford it, try to find a 'hot' one in NYC or maybe even look for a Willard.

I hear the Willards aren't reliable though. One guy I know from Del Boca Vista tipped way to much for lunch once.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #31
compscibOi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Wow the amount of people who can't do simple math in their heads amazes me. Here's a TIP: If your bill is 35.65, move the decimal one place to the left and you have 3.56 as 10%. Just ad add a buck or two if they were great waiters - you don't need a damn program for that - maybe we should find a program that tells me when to take a dump or use the toilet ?? That sounds just as absurd.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #32
b00st3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by compscibOi
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Wow the amount of people who can't do simple math in their heads amazes me. Here's a TIP: If your bill is 35.65, move the decimal one place to the left and you have 3.56 as 10%. Just ad add a buck or two if they were great waiters - you don't need a damn program for that - maybe we should find a program that tells me when to take a dump or use the toilet ?? That sounds just as absurd.
read the whole thread and you will see that wasnt the only function we were looking for.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:13 AM   #33
compscibOi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00st3d
read the whole thread and you will see that wasnt the only function we were looking for.

The other feature your looking for was built into your brain at the time you went to school

Simple Multiplication, and Division

Post something worth while instead of critisizing others posts.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:26 AM   #34
ajstan99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan
You should just get a Wizard.

Or if you can't afford it, try to find a 'hot' one in NYC or maybe even look for a Willard.

I hear the Willards aren't reliable though. One guy I know from Del Boca Vista tipped way to much for lunch once.
Wasn't that the guy who was running for president of Phase IV?
Old 11-12-2005, 07:27 AM   #35
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

I like Jerry too.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:31 AM   #36
b00st3d

Quote:
The other feature your looking for was built into your brain at the time you went to school

Simple Multiplication, and Division

Post something worth while instead of critisizing others posts.
you're the one "critisizing" our posts buddy...i simply stated that i was not only looking for a program to calculate tips but to also split up a bill between a number of people...i am sorry i can not do "simple multiplication and division" in my head as quickly as you...

second of all, you must have went to a school that only taught "simple multiplication and division" because you surely can not spell...

it is criticizing not "critisizing", little bOi.

Last edited by b00st3d; 11-12-2005 at 08:39 AM..
Old 11-12-2005, 01:33 PM   #37
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

isn't it time for this thread to end?
Old 11-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #38
compscibOi
Thumbs Must Hurt

If you weren't such a xxxx, you'd see I posted that wirelessly on my BB. People make mistakes and we admit to them - theirs no excuse for being stupid. From the posts of others this thread is worthless. Some people NEED program and others to tell them how to do everything it seems. I guess your one of those people huh? - sad.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:31 PM   #39
b00st3d

Quote:

If you weren't such a ****, you'd see I posted that wirelessly on my BB. People make mistakes and we admit to them - theirs no excuse for being stupid. From the posts of others this thread is worthless. Some people NEED program and others to tell them how to do everything it seems. I guess your one of those people huh? - sad.
you criticized me, i criticized you back...don't get your panties in a bunch!

like i stated before, if you read the whole thread (again i have to tell you), you would see that yes i do need a program like this because i have a tiny brain compared to yours! i admit it! i have problems doing simple mutliplication and division! your mathematical powers are beyond me!

happy now little bOi?!

on a side note, judging by some of your other posts on this forum, you still have some growing up to do...hence the "little bOi".

Last edited by b00st3d; 11-12-2005 at 04:33 PM..
Old 11-19-2005, 11:10 AM   #40
jfinn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100

Still laughing. Thank you.

You guys have too much time on your hands...
Closed Thread