Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
formeralias

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Email from Gmail Account not reconciling w/ Bb Storm

Please Login to Remove!

I have set my options to delete both on handheld and mailbox, however if I delete e-mails from the BlackBerry they are still new in my inbox, and vice versa. When I go to menu and hit "reconcile now" nothing changes (I'm assuming that "reconcile now" is supposed to reconcile - could be wrong, I guess). Any ideas?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
Byproxy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

how did you set your account up in BIS? did you go through the whole process for setting it up as imap? if not, likely your problem.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
recca
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

This is a known issue that's been discussed many times. I have the same problem and I have BIS setup. I even checked the sync deleted items in BIS and still not working.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #4
rhn1975
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VzW

Gmail has been a disaster when it comes to email becuase of the way it categroizes emails. I started using my yahoo email instead and it works flawlessly. Unforutnately this forum would not let me post a link (I guess you need to have 10 previous posts which is stupid) but in any case go to Blackerry's technical solutions center and follow the links to the document "Email reconciliation features for BlackBerry Internet Service
" in the BIS section. It shows the capabilities / features supported by each email account (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.). As you will see Gmail does not support wireless read/unread status synchronization.

Like I said I'm using my Yahoo account now (which supports everything) and it is great...

Hope this helps
Old 01-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #5
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

i've had the best results using the imap config....

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=78882

also, in gmail... go to your settings, and under the Labs tab, enable the additional IMAP features... good stuff.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:54 AM   #6
Daveyon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: no junk html
Carrier: Vodafone

Yea I have a problem with mine, I can only receive email with gmail account but cant send.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #7
berry_blue
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 304B4EE2

hey formeralias,

I have my gmail account tied to my blackberry and I am able to reconcile flawlessly. All operations are reflected in my mailbox to match that of my Storm. Read, Deleted, Sent.

My questions to you are these;

1.) Are you able to send/receive your Gmail on your Storm?

##IF not you should be sure your service books are up to date. Menu--> Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table --> Menu button --> Register Now.

2.) When you press delete on your Storm, are you given the option "On Mailbox & Handheld"?

##If you have used another option, that option will be the default and may not be what you intend.

3.) Are you sure that This option is Highlighted when trying to delete your Gmail messages?

##Again the highlighted option is the action that will be completed.

Assuming that you answered all the above questions yes, then I have yet another for you.

A.) Are you logged into your Gmail account online and attempting to watch the changes realtime?

##If you are this may be causing interference.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

My Gmail IMAP works great with my Blackberry. Granted it doesn't reconcile instantly, however it does appear to reconcile.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
J86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530

I have my Gmail account with my bb working great, but if i read a message on my storm it does not show as read in Gmail. I created my account using BIS, if I use IMAP will this correct that? If I delete a message on my bb and chose "On Mailbox and Handheld" it does remove it from Gmail, marking things as read is the only issue I have.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
cmdace18
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_5 View Post
I have my Gmail account with my bb working great, but if i read a message on my storm it does not show as read in Gmail. I created my account using BIS, if I use IMAP will this correct that? If I delete a message on my bb and chose "On Mailbox and Handheld" it does remove it from Gmail, marking things as read is the only issue I have.
i have the same problem .. any help?
Closed Thread