BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #161
aggravation

Model: 7100i
Carrier: sprint

Please Login to Remove!

I have a problem with the phone, when I answer it the volume is extremely loud for a few seconds as if the speaker phone was on or as if it was a direct connect call at full volume...wait a second or two and without doing anything the volume resorts to a normal level.
Anyone else have this annoying feature?!? Anyone know how to kill it????
Old 01-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #162
zipher16
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint/nextel
Default mms feature

I have a 8350i got it 2 weeks ago and since i've been having trouble with the mms right as looked at right now i noticed that the mms icon is gone from the nemu screen has anyone had this issue yet?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #163
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipher16 View Post
I have a 8350i got it 2 weeks ago and since i've been having trouble with the mms right as looked at right now i noticed that the mms icon is gone from the nemu screen has anyone had this issue yet?
resend your service books

options/advanced options/hosting tables/menu button register now/ok
Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #164
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Thumbs down

I can't believe this is there any software I can put on my device!

I had
quickpull
capture it
crackberry icons
blackberry fourm icons

added weather bug and the device was found dead. It is proper to delete programs by going options/advanced options/applications /select the app and delete?

I just deleted everthing this is crazy!! Can anbody list some software they are having no issues with 4.6OS?
Old 01-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #165
cputoys

Smile dead berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan View Post
Ok, still getting a dead berry once a day. Anybody have issues with the following software.
Facebook
Crackberry icon
Blackberry icon
Google talk
yahoo IM
Flickr
vib and ring
google app
google maps
beyond 411
twitter
flycast
gmail app.
TV Guide app

or is there any other way to stop the dead berry. I just pick it up and its dead nothing will wake it up but a reset. aghhhh. I am assuming its a 3rd party software issue as I haven't heard about issues from anyone else.
Unfortunately, you will have to delete these one by one until you find the offending program. It's always best to load 3rd party one at a time to see how they behave. I've had the 8350i since 12/17 and have experienced very few problems...(google maps, no gps)...BUT I did have the dead berry issue after I installed Quicknote. I finally realized the lockups/dead berry only manifested after running this program (memory leak?) Deleting it cured mine.
Sorry so many are having other problems. Keep at it. It's a great handset imo...
Old 01-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #166
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cputoys View Post
Unfortunately, you will have to delete these one by one until you find the offending program. It's always best to load 3rd party one at a time to see how they behave. I've had the 8350i since 12/17 and have experienced very few problems...(google maps, no gps)...BUT I did have the dead berry issue after I installed Quicknote. I finally realized the lockups/dead berry only manifested after running this program (memory leak?) Deleting it cured mine.
Sorry so many are having other problems. Keep at it. It's a great handset imo...
It would be great if people could list the programs that they are having no issues with for the rest of us. I don't dare load anything anymore .

What is your memory cleaning set for?
mine is
status enabled
clean when in holstered yes
clean when idle yes
idle timout 5 mins
show icon on home screen yes
Edit/Delete Message

I am wondering if this has something to do with it.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #167
cputoys

Quote:
It would be great if people could list the programs that they are having no issues with for the rest of us. I don't dare load anything anymore .

What is your memory cleaning set for?
mine is
status enabled
clean when in holstered yes
clean when idle yes
idle timout 5 mins
show icon on home screen yes
Edit/Delete Message

I am wondering if this has something to do with it.
Well, that's an easy test. Shut it off for a while to see if the problem goes away. Programs I'm using so far without (apparent) problems are:

bbweather v.77
google app
gmail
google maps (gps doesn't work - known to google team)
AmAze Gps (ui a little weird)
viigo
berrytunes
docs to go registered (pdf)
berry411
gridmagic
aerize explorer
bbnotepad
scratchpad
wapbb icon, 6abc news icon, pinstack icon, cnn!

Last edited by cputoys; 01-03-2009 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: smiley broken
Old 01-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #168
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cputoys View Post
Well, that's an easy test. Shut it off for a while to see if the problem goes away. Programs I'm using so far without (apparent) problems are:

bbweather v.77
google app
gmail
google maps (gps doesn't work - known to google team)
AmAze Gps (ui a little weird)
viigo
berrytunes
docs to go registered (pdf)
berry411
gridmagic
aerize explorer
bbnotepad
scratchpad
wapbb icon, 6abc news icon, pinstack icon, cnn!
i have pulled all 3rd party apps so shutting it off isn't going to tell me if this is the issue when there are no 3rd party apps on. I haven't had a dead device since last night after I loaded weatherbug. I deleted all apps and no issues since last night. another program to scratch for now its so frustrating.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #169
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Any idea why my mail comes in unread goes to opened and read without me looking at it? I thinking i have a setting off. Does it matter if my computer is on and inbox open?
Old 01-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #170
nicholaaaas
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 4025DF23

[QUOTE=Tritan;1233756]Any idea why my mail comes in unread goes to opened and read without me looking at it? I thinking i have a setting off. Does it matter if my computer is on and inbox open?[/QUOTE

i'd check your sync settings. it's probably opened on your desktop and that's syncing with you bb
Old 01-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #171
copout221

Carrier: Nextel / Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by propaneman View Post
When making a call from the 8350i has anyone mentioned that they hear a reverb? I know this is common sometimes with Nextel but most of the people I have called from this phone are complaining they hear themselves talk. I don’t seem to be having the problem on my end but the people I call are.

I have been experiencing the same problem. Try turning down your earpiece volume when using the handset. I have had good luck with that. I have also noticed that people don't complain about it when I am using a bluetooth headset or the spearkerphone.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #172
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Anybody try PeeKaWho and Aerize Email Alerts ? Which one is better they both look alot alike.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #173
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

I can't win. I delete all apps but weather bug and it locked up. So deleted weatherbug and loaded just beyond 411 it locked up dead. I can't find any software that won't lock the device . I tryed google app by itself but it says server is down and can't load right now.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #174
Justlovejoy3

PIN: Crackberry or PM me!
Carrier: nextel

wow I must Be blessed cause After I did a Hard reset by taking out the battery And Putting it back in My BB8350i Is working great! Emails Sms Mms Internet Wifi Ringtones and all! just wish I had A faster way of putting movies on it!
Old 01-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #175
Chrisstar2

Me too! Sorry you folks are having the problems.....got m8350i Curve the day after launch (12/16), transferred/loaded 2650 Contacts from the Treo 755p through Outlook, loaded over 7 gigs of music, MMS, E-mailed pics & short vids, Sent voice memos, used GPS, watched you tube, WIfi set up for home & work networks oeperates fine, DC into Mexico & Canada, but I dont have much 3rd party software installed yet....also, we'll see how the newest Parrot car kit works with voice recognition in the NAV equipped Lexus within a couple of weeks.......HAVE had a little of the caller reverb annoyance but only 3-4 peeps of the 200 hundred or so calls..... this device has eliminated one of the 2 devices i needed for my biz (iden+PDA), so, switched to 4 iden phones & total 3000 minutes data unlimited Nextel plan from 3 phone 2100 minute Sprint + 2 phone 700 Minutes Nextel & saving $50+/month......these forums are great & have helped me to set this up properly........THANKS peeps! I'll be back with the carkit Bluetooth report soon
Old 01-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #176
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Default exchanged phone.

Quote:
Wow I was checking under Options/advanced options/bottom is wireless upgrade. I click it and it lists my OS and then there is a button for checking for upgrade wirelessly. pretty cool now when is the upgrade !!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/...2d907a.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3256/...eb184d.jpg?v=0
So I must have got an early early phone because I exchanged it with a new one and guess what was taken care of!! The always for reteriving mms was turned on by default and the wireless option I took screen shots with is gone. They are getting it Now to load some apps and see if the berry is found dead. things are looking up.

Anybody try infospace for blackberry? I am debating on how many search apps I really need what is the best one out there. Live search, beyond 411 or infospace?

InfoSpace Find It! for BlackBerry
Old 01-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #177
nicholaaaas
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 4025DF23

Quote:
So I must have got an early early phone because I exchanged it with a new one and guess what was taken care of!! The always for reteriving mms was turned on by default and the wireless option I took screen shots with is gone. They are getting it Now to load some apps and see if the berry is found dead. things are looking up.

Anybody try infospace for blackberry? I am debating on how many search apps I really need what is the best one out there. Live search, beyond 411 or infospace?

InfoSpace Find It! for BlackBerry
what is the OS that came with your new phone?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:58 AM   #178
zx6racer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930
PIN: 330E7451
Carrier: Verizon AT&T

Ive given up on the BB. I went back to my V950 and loving it. The 8350I was the worst BB Ive ever owned. Maybe when a hybrid one comes out I will give it another try.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #179
RansZ28

Ya, lets give the users the options for Wireless upgrades and now make us wait, and wait and wait and......
Old 01-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #180
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9850
Carrier: Sprint

Now what did I do??

Up until today anywhere I went the phone browser worked just fine. I didn't think I changed any settings BUT now when I go places where there is no wi-fi it tell me that I to check my wi fi connection and try again. I know it's capable of working with the BB browser. How do I fix this??
Closed Thread