BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #1
MoeBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Default New 7520 + Jabra 250 = Half Duplex!

Please Login to Remove!

My Jabra is acting like its half duplex since I had to get a new (same model) handset from Nextel. I have swapped out different BB's (friend has the same model) and have tried 2 BT250 headsets.

Still, when "you" are talking to me, and I try to say something, my words are garbled. Tried all the resets, and also re-installed 4.02 handheld software, still no luck.

Its hard to detect, and I did not notice it until I got a new handset due to a hard-freezeup. The newer model had some new programs (black berry messenger, new calculator, etc)

My guess is that the 4.02 has some problem with bluetooth?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
amnjc
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100

I had a similar situation where I had to get a replacement BB and it came with newer software. I have not had any problems with my bluetooth but have other issues with the software. I occasionally have the icons in the upper left hand corner reversed (the BB icon and a frozen timer next to it or the converse, a phone icon with Push To Talk next to it - both of which are backward to the way they should be).
I cannot seem to figure out how to reload the software even after a search sent me to the download 4.0 faq. How did you do this?
I also have wondered if Yahoo Messenger is not the culprit as it seemed to start after that or perhaps I just did not notice it before hand.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:20 PM   #3
mike_187
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

iDEN network is half-duplex but the switching should be so fast that you shouldnt be able to notice it.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #4
MoeBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

Can anyone else help? I know the old version of the phone didnt have this problem
Old 11-22-2005, 11:35 PM   #5
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many
Carrier: Sprint

iDEN is only helf duplex on the radio side. Cellular is full duplex.
Closed Thread