Old 03-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Roll
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Touch "click" varies around the screen

Please Login to Remove!

I'm interested in trying to determine if my phone needs repair or replacement or what I am experiencing is just an idiosyncrasy of the Storm.

This is best done in landscape with the keyboard up, (Clockwise from portrait mode; menu and back keys to the left; unlock and mute keys to the right).

Pushing anywhere on the left, center, top, or bottom of the screen produces a soft click sound with a distinctive mechanical feel. qerty; zxc; y; j; n. All the same.

However, on my screen pushing down in the lower right corner does not produce the click or the mechanical feel. Try your carriage return key, (“Enter” they call it now). It functions okay, however I have to look to see if it worked, there is no tactile feedback that you have sent a command.

Would you check please and tell me if you have the same experience or the lower right corner of your screen responds like anywhere else on your Storm screen.

Thanks!

Gary
Old 03-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
masked
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

yours sounds like it needs to be repaired. mine has equal clicks on all sides all corners etc. did you get it recently? it could be a refurbished 1. verizon tends to sell those as new
Old 03-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #3
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by masked View Post
yours sounds like it needs to be repaired. mine has equal clicks on all sides all corners etc. did you get it recently? it could be a refurbished 1. verizon tends to sell those as new
No it actually happens to new storms too. Also...I don't know about verizon selling refurbs as new...where did u get ur info?...there's a thread here to fix ur screen to click equally on all edges. Search it... But if that still doesn't work...call verizon...and get a replacement...its a valid excuse and they should send one right away..

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
Collin16
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 304D62BD
Carrier: verizon

there have been a lot of screen click issues with the storm. there are 2 fixes. 1 is to loosen the screw behind the battery door that is covered by a red dot. loosen it just a little with a special screw driver. thenext wasier fix is to rip a business card in half and place it behind the screen. try this. it will help you i guarentee
Closed Thread