Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
BulletSponge62485
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 30517D5B
Carrier: Verizon
Default Podcasts on the Storm?

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, I may have a little bit of a brain buster here. I used to have an iPod and listened to podcasts all the time while I was driving. I loved it because it would remember where I was and pick up where I left off, even if I shut the device off or started listening to something else. The iPod died and rather than buy a new iPod just for podcasts I thought maybe I could just use my Storm. So far, as a media player and a phone, I love it. With Pandora I can listen to any music I want all the time in the car, but I still have not been able to figure out how to make podcasts work like they did on the iPod. Basically, I want to be able to listen to podcasts on it, and have it remember where I am at, even if I play something else or shut down the device. Anyone with tips on how to accomplish this, if it is even possible, would be my savior.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
JayInNJ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

I did the same thing with the ipod. The best I can do with the storm is play the podcast then pause using the mute button. Keep the media player running in the background at all times and use the mute button to start and stop. This works but only with one music file at a time. Also any reboots will cause you to lose your place.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
msbragg

Default Podtracker

I've been trying out Podtrapper from VersatileMonkey for the past few days. They have a free 30 day trial. $9.99 after that. It works great. Downloads the podcasts OTA so you do not need the PC at all to get new podcasts.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 AM   #4
bogman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSponge62485 View Post
Anyone with tips on how to accomplish this, if it is even possible, would be my savior.
I am in a similiar position. Stopped using my ipod about a year ago and started using my BB - mainly just so I'd have a single device. Its also very handy as you hear the phone ring and can answer it. The inability to remember where you are is definitely an annoyance though. I generally try to remember to look at the position I'm at when I stop - and then manually go back to that position when I restart. Would be great to get a better solution. Podtrapper sounds interesting.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
BulletSponge62485
Thumbs Must Hurt

I am trying out this PodTrapper right now and I have to say, I think I found my answer. This is great. If you guys are as attached to your podcasts as I am then this is well worth the $9.99 for it. Works just like the iPod used to, but it does one better. Automatic downloads of the podcasts without attaching to anything is fan-freaking-tastic! Now, I don't even want to get another iPod.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #6
JayInNJ

Does it work with podcasts that require a password?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
BulletSponge62485
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInNJ View Post
Does it work with podcasts that require a password?
I guess I was unaware that there were password protected podcasts. Since I do not subscribe to any that are password protected I cannot answer, but there is a 30 day free trial. I would try out the app with the trial and see if you can access the podcasts in question.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
JayInNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSponge62485 View Post
I guess I was unaware that there were password protected podcasts. Since I do not subscribe to any that are password protected I cannot answer, but there is a 30 day free trial. I would try out the app with the trial and see if you can access the podcasts in question.
I am trying now. It is not super slick looking but does the job. I am on the road so I haven't been able to put the URL info for OTA. One password protected podcast is "Moneytalk" and requires a login before itunes downloads it which pops up each time.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:58 AM   #9
imwjl

I'm happy with Podtrapper and the media sync utility works when you're wired via USB.
Closed Thread