Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
cegha

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default New to BB's and some Q's

Please Login to Remove!

Ok well i was looking into getting a blackberry but am lost as to what to do. My provider is verizon. I can get a 2 year upgrade phone at any time i want. Right now i have a moto q that i picked up off ebay a couple months ago for next to nothing, since i couldn't make a phone choice from verizon.

Now i believe it is $30 a month for unlimited internet and email and texting with a blackberry, correct, from what i read for verizon, on these forums.

Secondly, i love touch screen devices, and was looking at the storm, however due to so many buggy things i'm going to pass on version 1.0. Now i did see the the 2.0 is suppose to come out soon and that may be a option for me.

What are the main differences between this and the iphone functionality wise. I heard from the rumor mill floating around that in 2010 apple's contract expires with ATT and that there is a very good possibility they would go with verizon. Would it be wise to just wait and see what happens with that?

I'll add some more questions to the thread when i think of them.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
Girion
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: T of Guinness plz
Carrier: Verizon

I'd highly suggest going here first:

BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ

especially the part titled "Why Blackberry?" It really has helped me (and I'm sure a lot of other folks) who were at first curious as to what the BB revolution was all about. Many years later, I've been (and likely will always continue to be) a Blackberry fan, user, and amateur tech support for all the friends I've turned on to a BB (including my wife)

"For pretty things that serve no use, the true art finds its tether.
To those who know illumination comes wickless in the nether."
Old 05-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I think the Verizon BB data plan is $30 for the personal version which includes email and Internet. It does not include text messaging as far as I know.

As for the iPhone coming to Verizon, I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I personally only give it a slight chance, even though it makes sense for Apple to open it up for a CDMA version. My guess on all the rumors is a ploy to get ATT to get the deal done and/or up the ante.

The above suggestion to read our FAQ is a good one. Also use the SEARCH function as I would guess that most of your questions would have been answered at least once.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #4
cegha

Model: none
Carrier: verizon

Well the main thing I was wondering, is what is it the BB can do the Iphone can't, or vice versa?

I'm wanting to look at this from an aftermarket view. I have toy'd around with all kinds of phones and know how to install 3rd party apps and stuff. I see everyone is either iphone or BB, but with some modification thrown into the mix, not just looking at them in a stock point of view, are there any MUST have apps that one has the other doesn't?

Any links to like in depth spec iphone vs BB storm reviews?
Old 05-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
project86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Don't get a Blackberry. It is the worst phone in the world! I cannot believe I made the stupid decision to get this paperweight. The beta OS's don't work and the OS it comes with this crap and so slow.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

As has been suggested, return it. Obviously the BlackBerry Storm is not for you.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #7
project86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just because a person is having trouble with a phone, why do you say "Obviously the Blackberry Storm is not for you" like it's only for superior beings or something? Granted this is my first Blackberry but it does not mean that it is "not for you". If I have any trouble with it now that I am back to crappy .75 then I will send it back and get a replacement.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

I still think you should return it.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegha View Post
Well the main thing I was wondering, is what is it the BB can do the Iphone can't, or vice versa?

I'm wanting to look at this from an aftermarket view. I have toy'd around with all kinds of phones and know how to install 3rd party apps and stuff. I see everyone is either iphone or BB, but with some modification thrown into the mix, not just looking at them in a stock point of view, are there any MUST have apps that one has the other doesn't?

Any links to like in depth spec iphone vs BB storm reviews?
Use Google to find the appropriate reviews. You can also do a search and also check out our Blackberry Versus section at BlackBerry Versus - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

There are several references/comparisons between the BB and iPhone there I think.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread