Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
bmarie

Model: 8703
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Smile 5.0 IT Policy: Allow Other Message Services

Please Login to Remove!

Hi friends.....

We have recently moved to 5.0 and I am still learning my way around the new web console, so maybe this is a newbie mistake.

I am attemping to recreate a policy to Allow Other Message Services. I have set this to "Yes", however the 'Email Settings' icon is not appearing on the device to activate the hotmail account. I have resent the policy and service books. Under Security, I see this policy is on the device and other pieces of this policy are on the bb.

I have tried this on two devices- a 7250 and the Tour (I know, quite a contrast) and I can't seem to set up On the Tour, I have gone through Setup- Email Setup and it just bumps me out to Bluetooth.

I dont' know if I am missing something in 5.0 that I need to change to allow it. It was working before we moved to 5.0.....
Old 08-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
bmarie

I should mention that I resent the service books already.... which I now realize I already mentioned... but can't delete the post.

Last edited by bmarie; 08-07-2009 at 04:07 PM..
Old 08-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
MarshBklyn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: crApT&T

Wirelessly posted

If you move both devices to a blank default policy, then can you use the personal email setup icon to activate the hotmail account?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
bmarie

That seems to be working on the 7250- the Email Setting icon has appeared. However, on the Tour, I go to Setup- Email SetUp and when I choose to set up another email address it just bumps me out.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
usererror
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarie View Post
That seems to be working on the 7250- the Email Setting icon has appeared. However, on the Tour, I go to Setup- Email SetUp and when I choose to set up another email address it just bumps me out.
Is it bumping you out and giving you a page display error? I'm trying to delete another mail account that uses BIS instead of BES from a handheld, and it will not bring up the setup page, but we have no policies in place to allow or disallow those services.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
bmarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by usererror View Post
Is it bumping you out and giving you a page display error? I'm trying to delete another mail account that uses BIS instead of BES from a handheld, and it will not bring up the setup page, but we have no policies in place to allow or disallow those services.
I was getting bumped when I was doing my BES enterprise activation as well, but I found that hitting the back button, twice got me to the Enterprise activation. When I do this same thing when trying to set up the hotmail account, it says "Server not responding"
Closed Thread