JLP
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
Yeah, all of us tidy-freaks and neat-niks need to stick together
I took it a step further and created a folder for all the "AT&T Crap", which not coincidentally is the folder name, and then I hid the folder. That way I don't have to deal with them even in the rare instances I Show All.

If my desk were as organized as my BB, I'd be set.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #342
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
I took it a step further and created a folder for all the "AT&T Crap", which not coincidentally is the folder name, and then I hid the folder. That way I don't have to deal with them even in the rare instances I Show All.

Excellent. Don't answer the door tonight. It's probably my kids.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #343
drbb917

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
Yeah, all of us tidy-freaks and neat-niks need to stick together
count me in.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:06 PM   #344
MaxPayne79
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2165f8ed
Carrier: Fido

hey anyone know in which .alx file the weather app is so i can get rid of that '102' code, cause i update my bb with the new os and the weather app is nowhere to be found. i assume that i forgot to edit some .alx file so to make the app functional for me cause i use my Bold on Fido up in Toronto.

thanx guys.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:17 AM   #345
espresso

Carrier: Etisalate
Default Download Link Not Working

Hey fellow Blackberrers,

Is it me or is the link now not working?
I clicked on the link supplied and it took me to Blackberry website for AT&T software download.
When I chose Blackberry 9000 (BOLD), and click ok, nothing happens, the same page loads again?
Is it down?

Thanks,
E
Old 08-31-2009, 05:27 AM   #346
pyro451
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
try rebooting the router.
its often the router being the problem not the phone
Thanks for the suggestion. However, two laptops connect just fine, so I don't think it is the network at home. I has to be something with the OS or the BES.

When I first received my Bold it did not work on my home network either (.167 OS). It only worked after I installed a non-ATT OS.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:04 AM   #347
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro451 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. However, two laptops connect just fine, so I don't think it is the network at home. I has to be something with the OS or the BES.

When I first received my Bold it did not work on my home network either (.167 OS). It only worked after I installed a non-ATT OS.
Rebooting the router, whether its working with other devices, then allows the BB to connect.
Just give it a try.
When I first tried to connect, despite my laptop being connected the Bold just wouldn't connect.
rebooted and it connected.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-31-2009, 03:11 PM   #348
SVF

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog View Post
These are links pushed via service books. You can only hide them. Do that and forget it, but see the tape solution earlier in the thread first.
Yeah. Tried that tape solution but now my screen is all gooey. Do you think a screen protector might help.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:39 PM   #349
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
Rebooting the router, whether its working with other devices, then allows the BB to connect.
Just give it a try.
When I first tried to connect, despite my laptop being connected the Bold just wouldn't connect.
rebooted and it connected.
I had the same problem initially with connecting with the home wifi. In fact I could not turn wifi on. It was grayed out and would not turn on after I loaded .297 at work and got home and noticed I was not attached to my home network. I have upgraded to all but one official OS since the original Rogers OS a year ago and never experienced this problem.
However, on a battery pull at home, I was able to turn wifi on and connect to the home network. I had done at least two prior battery pulls at work after loading .297 where I do not use wifi, but it took a battery pull at home to restart wifi.

Still a significant improvement over .282 on memory usage.

In marginal 3g areas, it may default to Edge more readily. Not ready to confirm as only upgraded three days ago.

Had to reload Docs to Go Premium. (been reported in prior posts).
Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #350
Nimgee

Carrier: ATT
Default Junk folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post

JLP! Love that idea. I did it. Thanks so much.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #351
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfraser View Post

Next time delete the Docs to Go. alx and you won't have too.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #352
jimfraser

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog View Post
Next time delete the Docs to Go. alx and you won't have too.
Thanks for the tip.
It has literally been years since a installed a Blackberry program (other than those which come from the OS) from my computer, where I seem to recall alx files, (all third party come ota) I am not sure where I would find the Document To Go alx file and at what stage in the OS upgrade I would delete it.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #353
Edtek

Model: 9300
PIN: REQUEST
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Is anyone else having really poor battery life with this new version?

Normally I can use my Bold all day, still having 40% battery at the end of the day. Now after a 10 minute phone call, my battery drops to 40% or less and I have to constantly plug it in through out the day.

I tried a new battery, and it is the same issue.

I might have to go back to a previous version as this one seems to have issues as well with WIFI. Rebooting the router doesn't work either.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #354
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

you would find it:
program files
commmon files
research in motion
shared
OS name

also you would delete it before opening loader.exe/desktop manager

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 09-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #355
harrya

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edtek View Post
Is anyone else having really poor battery life with this new version?

Normally I can use my Bold all day, still having 40% battery at the end of the day. Now after a 10 minute phone call, my battery drops to 40% or less and I have to constantly plug it in through out the day.

I tried a new battery, and it is the same issue.

I might have to go back to a previous version as this one seems to have issues as well with WIFI. Rebooting the router doesn't work either.
My battery life sucks after upgrade. I can definitely tell the difference.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #356
Serkle K

PIN: ... --- ...

This OS has seems to have added a new "Device Default" calendar option. It seems to have messed up my calendar in my theme... it was displaying a birthday from march, and listed it for everyday... Anyone else have an issue with their themes and calendars after their update? I havent been able to find a fix... My boot time seems to be around 5 minutes from a BP, but that was just the initial BP after the upgrade. Thoughts??
Old 09-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #357
Serkle K

Ok, so i seemed to have found a fix for the calendar issue... it's not my solution, so I cannot take credit for it, I found it on another forum... basically I had to clear all my calendars using DM, and resend the service books, and doub;e check the default calendar, and then re-sync with outlook or (what I did) reload a backup, and it's back...

Unfortunately I have noticed that my wallpapers keep reverting back to the theme default wallpaper... i guess not a huge deal, but I can start to see hoe this can get annoying... I haven't noticed much else just yet... Memory is a +, from 35 at reboot to now 42 after reboot. I've only had it for a few hours so I might update in a few days if I notice other things that haven't been mentioned.

And Volume buttons are still not working for me... they weren't working on .247 for me either... before that I had .190 and I didnt have any problems... OS issue maybe? I can adjust it if I do it on my BT ear piece, but not the device itself. I haven't dropped it, it has not gotten wet, and It's still in the original case/bezel. The only thing I can attribute it to right now is the OS updates. I can't even change the volume when I listen to slacker, or my playlists on my bold.

And lastly, alarm volume setting "Escalate" does not... well... escalate. This has been an issue since I change from the default OS when I first got my bold. I have yet to read any posts from any other OS' that have been out, that this hasn't been an issue.

Any other thoughts or insight on these issues would be great.

Last edited by Serkle K; 09-01-2009 at 08:55 PM..
Old 09-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #358
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

With all of those problems you are having, I would say you have installed something that doesn't work right, versus the OS just not working. I am not experiencing any of those issues:

- My calendars did not get messed up at all and there is no "Device Default" calendar
- My wallpaper stays set to the wallpaper I choose (I keep wallpaper and ringtones on the device and not on a media card because the media card gets loaded too late in the boot process)
- Volume buttons work (and have always worked)
- Escalate works as expected by playing the notification sound for the number of beeps I select, at an increasing volume each time (for example, if I select 3 beeps for the notification, the first beep is soft, the second beep is medium, and the third beep is loud)

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:34 AM   #359
Serkle K

I would agree, but disagree. I have read so many other posts where others have had the same calendar issues with their custom themes, and "default device" listed. Wallpapers resetting after disconnect from PC as happened on a number of builds prior to this one, as well as volume key's not working. And the same with the escalating setting... I should add that this is only my 3rd upgrade since December. I have yet to try a complete wipe... The thought of it makes me a bit nervous...

I have also noticed that when I get new email, the red icon does not show on my folders (aside from wen I resent my service books) and when I highlight the mailbox icon it does not indicate any number of unread messages anymore (and yes I have checked the email options for show # of unread msgs)... but I will try to give it a few more days and see if any of these other things are tolerable.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #360
pyro451
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfraser View Post
I had the same problem initially with connecting with the home wifi. In fact I could not turn wifi on. It was grayed out and would not turn on after I loaded .297 at work and got home and noticed I was not attached to my home network. I have upgraded to all but one official OS since the original Rogers OS a year ago and never experienced this problem.
However, on a battery pull at home, I was able to turn wifi on and connect to the home network. I had done at least two prior battery pulls at work after loading .297 where I do not use wifi, but it took a battery pull at home to restart wifi.

Still a significant improvement over .282 on memory usage.

In marginal 3g areas, it may default to Edge more readily. Not ready to confirm as only upgraded three days ago.

Rebooted router (including disconnecting power) and pulled battery on berry at home. No luck. WiFi still only works at the office (on multiple routers around campus) but not at home. It connects to the router as the profile name shows on the home screen, but the WiFi icon is grey.