Looking forward to the update.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #42
scottd.home
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VERIZON
Default failed again

I re-downloaded a new copy of DM from the BB site, and re-installed it. Still no luck, and in answer to Steve086's question on 11/29, with the attached screenshot , I do NOT get that window. This has been hugely frustrating...hopefully someone from BB is readingg this!!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #43
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8820)

Scott, backing up a little bit... When you connect the blackberry and then go into the sync module as though to set the sync options, is Outlook even listed along with Yahoo and ASCII importer/exporter? Or do you just see Yahoo and ASCII importer/exporter in the listed apps?

If you didn't have Outlook at all, you would not have the profiles options menu item,nd Outlook would not be listed as an option in the sync setup. I'm still wondering if DM is not seeing your Outlook for some reason. I don't know what that reason might be, however.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #44
scottd.home
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default I'll check this too

Hi Ira, I didn't see your question until this morning and won't be able to check this out until tonight.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:50 AM   #45
scottd.home
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Ready with answer..

I decided to test this before leaving for work and yes, I have the "Microsoft Outlook", "ASCII Importer/exporter"", and "Yahoo!" options. However, in order to update my individual Profiles...I have to first use the "Reset configuration" option, and reestablish the links for calendar, memopad, address book, and tasks. That is the only way I can switch between the Profiles. I do not have a dop-down option to select a Profile, and I have to use the "Reset configuration" option each time and manually relink everything. I think I will try the ultimate test tonight. I am running XP on the desktop with an older version of BB. I will download DM 5.0 and load Outlook 2007 and create the two profiles on that machine, and see if the issue is Windows 7.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #46
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

I was going ask if you had another computer to try. Excellent! Looking forward to test results!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #47
scottd.home
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Multiple "Profiles" Fixed...Solution Identified!

I reloaded DM 5.0 and Outlook 2007 on the desktop with XP, and setup the individual Profiles in Outlook. Ran DM, and the dialogue box to easily choose between the Profiles WAS available on the XP machine. Worked like a charm, and this initially led me to believe the issue must be a DM 5/Windows 7 issue! But the story doesn't end there. I had tried to duplicate everything on the XP and Windows 7 machines, but I realized there was one difference.

On the Windows 7 computer, when I set-up the Profiles in Outlook I had changed the name of the first Profile from "Outlook" to a more meaningful personal Profile name. On the XP machine I had not done that, and left one Profile as "Outlook" and created another Profile with a meaningful name. So I went back to the Windows 7 machine and deleted one Profile and created another Profile named "Outlook". That did the trick on the Windows 7 machine, as it seems that at least one Profile in Outlook must be named "Outlook" for the drop-down selection window to work in DM 5!!

Overall, now that I know this works, I would recommend utilizing the multiple Profile feature in Outlook, rather than a single Profile with folders and "rules". I would think the multiple Profile feature would be more robust, and truly permit independent calendars, address books, etc.

This also leads me to recommend that BB should upgrade DM to ALSO support multiple profiles, so that we can keep multiple calendars, address books, contact lists, etc. in our BB phones!!

I hope this is helpful!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #48
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (8820)

That was fun. Next!

Seriously, I'm glad you got to the bottom of the issue.
Did the Outlook Help mention that one profile has to be Outlook. It makes sense, now, but I don't remember reading it. I think I must have just read right over it and didn't catch it.