Old 11-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
dmevis
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Bedside Mode, Clock, and OS 5.0

Please Login to Remove!

Is anyone else having a problem using Bedside Mode on OS 5.0?

I never used Bedside mode before upgrading to OS 5.0. But I have noticed that since I upgraded to 5.0, my Storm seems to start "up" with the Calendar showing, rather than the main screen.

I am now trying to use Bedside Mode. When I plug it in, it says it is going into Bedside Mode, dims the display, and shows the Clock. Exactly what it should do, and what I want it to do! However, sometime during the night (not very soon, perhaps at midnight) , the display of the Clock changes to displaying the Calendar. When I wake up early in the morning and look at my Storm to see what time it is, all I see is my Calendar for the day.

Why is the display of the Clock changing to display the Calendar? Is this a 5.0 "bug"? Is there a way to display the Clock all night?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
randalpaul

Model: 9800
Carrier: At&T

I am having the same problem and can not find any help. I am using the 9700.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Joshlarsen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Alltel

I have a Storm 9530 running 5.0.0.328 Verizon. I have mine setup so it automatically goes into bedside mode when charging with the restriction to certain hours of 11:00pm to 7:30am. Mine automatically goes into bedside mode at 11 but wont come out till I unplug the charger. It stays in bedside mode and I don't have any issue with it going to the calendar just wish it would automatically turn beside mode off at 7:30AM.

Works good and is nice that it will change the sound profile(Mute email and calendar) and dim the display and show the clock at night when plugged in.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
dmevis

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default Problem Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmevis View Post
Is anyone else having a problem using Bedside Mode on OS 5.0?

I never used Bedside mode before upgrading to OS 5.0. But I have noticed that since I upgraded to 5.0, my Storm seems to start "up" with the Calendar showing, rather than the main screen.

I am now trying to use Bedside Mode. When I plug it in, it says it is going into Bedside Mode, dims the display, and shows the Clock. Exactly what it should do, and what I want it to do! However, sometime during the night (not very soon, perhaps at midnight) , the display of the Clock changes to displaying the Calendar. When I wake up early in the morning and look at my Storm to see what time it is, all I see is my Calendar for the day.

Why is the display of the Clock changing to display the Calendar? Is this a 5.0 "bug"? Is there a way to display the Clock all night?
Responding to my own post...

The problem turned out to be a particular application called SmartBCalendar. The application has since been updated to fix the problem, and all is well.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
craigw9292
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I've noticed my Storm 1 reboots almost every night and after that it doesn't go back into bedside mode on its own but the clock does at least appear since it is charging. A couple nights ago I counted 5 reboots .... pure quality stuff.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
randalpaul

Unbelievable, I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed my wifes phone was perfect and mine had changed to calendar view. I then wondered if it was the calendarb app. I even just sent the developer a message. Incredible.
Thanks,
R
Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
randalpaul

Bad news I already have the latest version:(
Old 12-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
Cory

Model: 9950
PIN: 30FD6DBB
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by randalpaul View Post
Bad news I already have the latest version:(
Under the options for your clock: there is an option to restrict bedside mode to certain hours...what do you have in that spot?
Closed Thread