BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #41
RedSoxFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

No one here including me is saying there weren't issues with the Tour when it first came out. Verizon acknowledged the trackball issues etc but fixed them right away. If you are still going through "4" Tours today, then there is something wrong.

I believe Verizon will eventually change their policy or really crack down on people who abuse their exchange policy. I see too many people (the same people) come through the door wanting to exchange their device just because they are sick of the one they have.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #42
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Lol.. I am late to the party here! I'll say this , we are all test dummies! Rim is putting stuff out that is half baked! The Tour IMO should have never been released without the Track Pad, wifi, or even 5.0! Come on RIM and VZW, seriously are u kidding me? I know there are people here saying my tour is fine, and people abuse there phone, and I only went through one. Listen up, they are half baked! So many shipped with build quality issues, ranging from trackball, to battery covers, to loose parts, to whatever. Sorry, this shouldn't be happening in this day and age. Just like the original storm, it was deemed a piece of garbage and felt like a prototype.

Ok, so vzw is going to release the Tour 2? Ok when? In March, April? Are u kidding me, release it now, and take care of all your loyal followers, and give them an upgrade to the Tour 2, now! Not in 4 months when they'll be better stuff on the horizon in no time. Excuse me as I say this, RIM your new devices really suck as far as quality goes and giving us a good product. The storm was a terrible excuse for a bb, the Tour is another one hexed with problems, and now the Bold 2 is here and is not built well at all.

Ok, maybe I'm being hard on the Bold 2, but in reality it's not built that well at all. But back to the Tour. A Tour 2 would solve alot of problems fr people with the device if it's released soon, and with better build quality. Plain and simple!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:08 AM   #43
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

Yet no one forced you to buy it and if the Tour II had not been set for release would you have been less happy with it?

I For one love my tour and will not run to get a new one, the 5.0 will come and you can add, and my track ball works fine and i use this thing extensively for both work and pleasure.

I am sure there are many others that feel the same way as I do thye just dont voice their opinions, and all we haear about is the complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Lol.. I am late to the party here! I'll say this , we are all test dummies! Rim is putting stuff out that is half baked! The Tour IMO should have never been released without the Track Pad, wifi, or even 5.0! Come on RIM and VZW, seriously are u kidding me? I know there are people here saying my tour is fine, and people abuse there phone, and I only went through one. Listen up, they are half baked! So many shipped with build quality issues, ranging from trackball, to battery covers, to loose parts, to whatever. Sorry, this shouldn't be happening in this day and age. Just like the original storm, it was deemed a piece of garbage and felt like a prototype.

Ok, so vzw is going to release the Tour 2? Ok when? In March, April? Are u kidding me, release it now, and take care of all your loyal followers, and give them an upgrade to the Tour 2, now! Not in 4 months when they'll be better stuff on the horizon in no time. Excuse me as I say this, RIM your new devices really suck as far as quality goes and giving us a good product. The storm was a terrible excuse for a bb, the Tour is another one hexed with problems, and now the Bold 2 is here and is not built well at all.

Ok, maybe I'm being hard on the Bold 2, but in reality it's not built that well at all. But back to the Tour. A Tour 2 would solve alot of problems fr people with the device if it's released soon, and with better build quality. Plain and simple!

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki; 11-30-2009 at 11:09 AM..
Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #44
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan
No one here including me is saying there weren't issues with the Tour when it first came out. Verizon acknowledged the trackball issues etc but fixed them right away. If you are still going through "4" Tours today, then there is something wrong.

I believe Verizon will eventually change their policy or really crack down on people who abuse their exchange policy. I see too many people (the same people) come through the door wanting to exchange their device just because they are sick of the one they have.

Just my 2 cents.
I almost agree with you on the abuse of people trying to exchange there blackberrys; for that matter any phone. Although I feel that these cell phone companies are in no way hurting themselves by exchanging a device no matter how many problems someone is having or THINKS they are having. In fact I feel like they have most of us by the balls...(Ovaries)lol. I think they owe it to us to keep us happy with the devices that most of us are stuck with for 2 years. They are just practicing good customer retention. And to anyone who is given a new model device as a replacement to a model they keep having problems with(not a refurb replacement)...you think they aren't extending your contract when they give you that new device? Of course they are. That's why they give in so easily. My opinion is if I'm paying this much for what is supposed to work correctly and paying the money for the service/extra service, I'm going to get my monies worth as best I can.

I almost know for a fact that when the new tour 2 comes out and someone has had issues with their t1 and demand the newer model, they will give in and give it to ya. And also extend your contract at the same time.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #45
pblakk

Model: 9930

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimn367 View Post
In addition to the Tour defective trackballs, it is a device succeptible to greasy, dirty and sticky fingers.

Well, overall the trackball is 'OK' but not terribly durable, yes. Then again, it is a question of how much more prone to wear and tear it really is. It can also be said that overall the trackball has worked just fine.

Just depends on how we treat our phones, doesn't it? BMW makes engines that are designed to last very long, but that can change with stupid driving and/or maintenance habits... same can be said about RIM's trackball. If you develop bad habits like using your BlackBerry with soiled fingers, then anything can go bad, and eventually keys will stick, or not work at all....
Old 12-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #46
KonTiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
Well, overall the trackball is 'OK' but not terribly durable, yes. Then again, it is a question of how much more prone to wear and tear it really is. It can also be said that overall the trackball has worked just fine.

Just depends on how we treat our phones, doesn't it? BMW makes engines that are designed to last very long, but that can change with stupid driving and/or maintenance habits... same can be said about RIM's trackball. If you develop bad habits like using your BlackBerry with soiled fingers, then anything can go bad, and eventually keys will stick, or not work at all....
I agree and have not had issue with my trackball and the otter case i have comes with a skin that covers the keys for extra protection too.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 12-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #47
chillin7

Model: 9630
Default **** waterr

ok so i dropped my phone in water.. i was told the water damage indicator is on the battery.. if i were to buy a new battery to show there waz no water damage and bring it to best buy to try and get a new phone and just claim the keypad died u think theyll know any better and give me a new phone or are the many indicators.. also im on my 3rd tour my trackball broke twice and they simply exchanged it both times.. u think theyll do it again without questioning
Old 12-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #48
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin7 View Post
ok so i dropped my phone in water.. i was told the water damage indicator is on the battery.. if i were to buy a new battery to show there waz no water damage and bring it to best buy to try and get a new phone and just claim the keypad died u think theyll know any better and give me a new phone or are the many indicators.. also im on my 3rd tour my trackball broke twice and they simply exchanged it both times.. u think theyll do it again without questioning
That is just... wow.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #49
BOHIC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
There's an LDI (liquid damage indicator) on the phone itself under the battery as well. Replacing that with a new white sticker may or may not fool a Best Buy tech. Either way, I recommend you just buy a new phone rather than trying to defraud Best Buy.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #50
F5fstop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Sure hope they say NO. Your fault, not the fault of BB, so own up to it
Old 12-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #51
RedSoxFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

Quote:
This is the BS that Verizon CS reps and techs have to put up with day in and day out. This guy is another example of how our society works ----- lie, cheat and steal.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #52
KonTiki

Quote:
And then you wonder why things cost as much as they do instead of what they should cost, I know if it was an accident it hurts but we have to be responsible no matter what.

The OP has to realize that they have seen all of this happen before and that they have to have measures to detect fraud. Think of the consequences, in cost to you and others and what facing a fraud charge would do to you over the cost of a phone. Specially when the Tour 2s are coming out soon and the original Tour would come down in price even used ones would be cheap.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 12-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #53
thepadawan

I'm on my 3rd Tour and looks like this one also has issues. Sigghhh..

Why would I get another when I could just get a droid. BB market is will be shrinking fast.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #54
Donbp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

^^Maybe because the droid totally sucks. Had one for a day and couldn't wait to send it back.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #55
Seawolf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki View Post
Yet no one forced you to buy it
lol

Buyer beware right?

RIM pushes this as the latest and greatest phone, but if you buy it and it's a piece of crap, it's your fault, not RIMs.

Please...
Old 12-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #56
thepadawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbp View Post
^^Maybe because the droid totally sucks. Had one for a day and couldn't wait to send it back.
That's a minority (extremely) opinion. But it yours and your happy with it. Didn't realize ATT offered the tour (sarcasm).
My wife has the droid and I think it's pretty darn nice.

I really like the Tour... when it works!
But when someone is on their 3rd well, that's just unacceptable...
Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #57
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepadawan View Post
I'm on my 3rd Tour and looks like this one also has issues. Sigghhh..

Why would I get another when I could just get a droid. BB market is will be shrinking fast.
My trackball is okay. I do however want the wifi and trackpad that we will get from the 9650

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #58
michael12005
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Tour

I got my Tour on the morning it was launched, use it every day, both here in the USA and when traveling to Europe and it works flawlessly. Great battery life, good camera (although I rarely use it), excellent speakerphone, love the product and no issues. Too many complainers out there! Oh I am with Verizon too................
Old 12-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #59
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael12005 View Post
I got my Tour on the morning it was launched, use it every day, both here in the USA and when traveling to Europe and it works flawlessly. Great battery life, good camera (although I rarely use it), excellent speakerphone, love the product and no issues. Too many complainers out there! Oh I am with Verizon too................
Your comments are fair. If I didnt have to buy a network extender i would be as positive as you

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 12-17-2009, 04:53 AM   #60
gurudasshetty

Carrier: Reliance
Thumbs up tour 2

Is the width of tour 2 same as tour or further sleek?
Closed Thread