Old 07-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
IwantaBlackberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: 22CFDD07
Carrier: At&t
Default Unlocked and sorta working on At&t Need help Please

Please Login to Remove!

Ok so I got the At&t tech rep to help get my phone working but I still get the EDGE where it fluctuates it goes caps for a while and if I don't use the phone it reverts back to lower case. Once it gets to lower case it stops and won't let me download apps at App world or if I use my BBM it'll let me type my message but it won't send it until it the edge returns to caps EDGE. And the only way that happen is if I turn off the phone and restart it. Also as a side note for those of us that use it on At&t my other question. I log into my At&t account it still shows my old phone as my device even thou I'm using a Blackberry storm 2 so should I change the pic to show a blackberry device like a 9700 or instead or leave it alone. I have an Blackberry data plan on my account that is active that's why I can use the BIS and have email and stuff sent to my phone and use all the standard phone stuff like voice mail and ofcourse make and receive calls. I know since it's not fully supported I won't be able to everything but I'm just wanting some clarification from people that have done what I did and what is there thoughts on it.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

First, is the device unlocked?

Next, you need to log into your BIS account and change the IMEI and PIN to that of the new phone (9550). Then you need to resend the service books.

Also take a look at the yellow sticky at the top of the 9500 section on how to make an unlocked Storm work on ATT and/or TMO.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-t-mobile.html

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 07-24-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
IwantaBlackberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: 22CFDD07
Carrier: At&t

Yes Dub my phone is unlocked I got my unlock code from Horizon wireless months it's been unlocked for 3 months now. I tried the steps in the link originally and got stuck. So that is when I went to At&t technical support and they have my correct PIN and IMEI number in their system now. as the tech dude resent the service books to my phone and I saw my phone display change before my eyes to reflect that my email address on the phone changed. So are you saying that you have one that never loses EDGE in caps. Just by following the steps if so I got stuck after I could'nt find the .cod file. I will try it again but I'm not great with computers. Also does your acct device pic matter on the ATT website is yours a 9700 or should I leave it alone as i still shows an old device 2G iphone pic of mine that I'm wondering if I change it will it affect my phone? I just want this thing to work.
Closed Thread