Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
spricette21

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default BlackBerry Stuck on Splash/Load Screen - Help Please

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Blackberry 8500. Going into work today, I turned off my phone so it wouldn't go off. A couple hours later, I turned it back on only to find that it wouldn't turn on. Instead, the LED light flashed red a couple times and the screen stayed black.

So on my lunch break, I removed the battery and put it back in. Still nothing but a couple red flashes. So I charged my phone for the entire 30 minutes of my lunch break. That brought me to a battery charging sign, no LED light. So I took the battery out, kept the phone on the charger, put the battery back in. That brought me to the hard reset page with the hourglass and then the progress bar. After that loaded completely, I am now stuck on the Verizon load screen. I've done a few more battery pulls, but nothing seems to work. On the load screen, I'm able to see pop-ups (Alt, Shift, etc. button is on), but nothing else.

Can someone help me with this issue?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
spricette21

Default Re: BlackBerry Stuck on Splash/Load Screen - Help Please

Okay, I'm updating this post. It seems that the issue may have been an application as I remember upgrading some of them earlier today. I rebooted in Safe Mode (hold down back button while rebooting and red light is on) and then backed up my phone. Then I removed a few of the newer applications. Still in Safe Mode currently.

Just in case anyone else ever runs into this issue or a similar one.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Excellent update!

So what happens now that you've deleted those apps? Have you tried normal boot?

For what it's worth, if it were me, I would go ahead and wipe and reinstall the OS just to be safe. Then only restore apps that you need and have full confidence in based on experience. If all is well, then add other apps one at a time and test for 24 hours before installing another.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
spricette21

After I removed the apps in safe mode, I rebooted regularly, and all is well with the world again.

To be honest, I deleted apps that I didn't use as I thought it was an issue with insufficient memory (no memory card). I had upgraded a few apps (Pandora, Facebook) earlier that day, but I didn't mess with them as they are trusted sources.

I'm not planning on re-installing those deleted apps since I didn't use them. My Blackberry is running normally, no lags.

Also, I chatted in with Tmobile a bit to try to troubleshoot the issue. No help. At all. I work with troubleshooting devices (not phones obviously haha), and they kept giving the same steps over and over (battery pull, battery pull, charge it, battery pull). Then they told me my device was defective. No knowledge on any other steps to take like the safe boot or BlackBerry desktop manager. At my job, we take all the steps we can to figure out the issue.
Closed Thread